Thread: Cops have no constitutional duty to protect you

1. #46 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,761 Times in 17,091 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,342 Times in 2,261 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ExpressLane View Post
    And yet cops DID kill the shooter. The difference was those cops were better trained. If the shooter had a Glock 17 or similar gun he could have easily killed everyone in the room in under three minutes.
    No they didn't.

2. #47 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,617 Times in 2,816 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,328 Times in 1,225 Posts

you fucking morons.............evince, you are the second biggest lying piece of shit here, right behind LV............

I've spent YEARS posting all of this and you willfully ignored it like the leftist stooges you prove yourselves to be. Warren vs. DC was decided in 1981, not just this year, as that racist evince would have you believe.

unless the whole lot of you are purposefully trying to revise history for politics, and in that case you are all treasonous fucks and deserve a traitors death, you should ignore your handlers brainwashing bullshit and read actual history
    A sad commentary on we, as a people, and our viewpoint of our freedom can be summed up like this. We have liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans, yet those very people look at Constitutionalists as radical and extreme.................so those liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans must believe that the constitution is radical and extreme.

3. #48 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,531 Times in 10,535 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 578 Times in 535 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cypress View Post
    A lot of people imagine they could be a courageous hero.

Imagination and bluster are easy.

Just like a lot of "Second Amendment solutions" blowhards stayed home with their bang-bangs on Jan 6 rather than answer Trump's alarmist call that the republic was in grave danger.

In real time, in the fog of uncertainty, and not knowing any Intel about how many shooters were in the school building, I have serious doubts that any of the "good guys with guns" who post on this board would have
    actually courageously rushed into the Uvalde school.
    What we do know is that one unarmed mother did...

My bet is, even if you are right about some of the folks on the board that many of them would have gone in there. Of course you assume that they are all just "keyboard warriors" not volunteer firefighters who regularly enter dangerous situations to protect others (I know that at least two of us are exactly that). This is something I doubt, it is likely that some of these folks volunteer to protect their community in some manner. It is also my guess is that if your kid was in there and the police waited over an hour to go into the school you would have been chomping at the bit to go in your damned self because they were not doing what you know was the right thing to do. You know that this police force was wrong to wait, we also know that their excuse that they "just couldn't get in there" was BS as that mother did.

After Columbine police forces changed their policy on mass shooters and stopped assuming that it was a hostage situation, this "police force" was just a "bit" behind the times (by a couple good decades).
    Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but rather we have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.
    - -- Aristotle

Believe nothing on the faith of traditions, even though they have been held in honor for many generations and in diverse places. Do not believe a thing because many people speak of it. Do not believe on the faith of the sages of the past. Do not believe what you yourself have imagined, persuading yourself that a God inspires you. Believe nothing on the sole authority of your masters and priests. After examination, believe what you yourself have tested and found to be reasonable, and conform your conduct thereto.
    - -- The Buddha

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    - -- Aristotle

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Damocles For This Post:

Doc Dutch (06-23-2022), Phantasmal (06-23-2022)

5. #49 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,287 Times in 27,095 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,975 Times in 2,692 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Damocles View Post
    What we do know is that one unarmed mother did...

My bet is, even if you are right about some of the folks on the board that many of them would have gone in there. Of course you assume that they are all just "keyboard warriors" not volunteer firefighters who regularly enter dangerous situations to protect others (I know that at least two of us are exactly that). This is something I doubt, it is likely that some of these folks volunteer to protect their community in some manner. It is also my guess is that if your kid was in there and the police waited over an hour to go into the school you would have been chomping at the bit to go in your damned self because they were not doing what you know was the right thing to do. You know that this police force was wrong to wait, we also know that their excuse that they "just couldn't get in there" was BS as that mother did.

After Columbine police forces changed their policy on mass shooters and stopped assuming that it was a hostage situation, this "police force" was just a "bit" behind the times (by a couple good decades).
    It is real easy for anyone to imagine being a courageous hero from the safety of a keyboard.

I didn't mention anything about the parental instinct to protect their children.

I was writing about gun huggers on this forum and whether they would have rushed into the Uvalde school with their bang bangs in real time, and in the fog of uncertainty.

6. #50 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 68,633 Times in 51,921 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,506 Times in 2,463 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LV426 View Post
    All they care about are protecting themselves.

That's why none of them confronted the Uvalde shooter.

It sure seemed like they were doing more to help the shooter than stop him.

Justices Rule Police Do Not Have a Constitutional Duty to Protect Someone
    https://www.nytimes.com/2005/06/28/p...o-protect.html
    Now you know why I support all citizens arming themselves. Thank you for your support.
    God bless America and those who defend our Constitution.

"Hatred is a failure of imagination" - Graham Greene, "The Power and the Glory"

7. #51 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Damocles View Post
    My bet is, even if you are right about some of the folks on the board that many of them would have gone in there. Of course you assume that they are all just "keyboard warriors" not volunteer firefighters who regularly enter dangerous situations to protect others (I know that at least two of us are exactly that).
    cypress has nothing but projection of his/her own cowardice. most on the left are like that because it's all they have. they know they are too cowardly to risk their lives, except maybe for their own kids.....just like that mother at uvalde. the left is trying to portray her as some superhero that didn't need a gun, but the truth is she was just as selfish as most of the other liberals here..............
    A sad commentary on we, as a people, and our viewpoint of our freedom can be summed up like this. We have liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans, yet those very people look at Constitutionalists as radical and extreme.................so those liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans must believe that the constitution is radical and extreme.

8. #52 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Cypress View Post
    It is real easy for anyone to imagine being a courageous hero from the safety of a keyboard.

I didn't mention anything about the parental instinct to protect their children.

I was writing about gun huggers on this forum and whether they would have rushed into the Uvalde school with their bang bangs in real time, and in the fog of uncertainty.
    and you assume that they are all blustering keyboard warriors because you project your own cowardice upon them. excuses and insults are all you have.

9. #53 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sawyerloggingon View Post
    I'll wait for all the facts to come in before judging the cops in this. The media keeps spewing out false information which changes daily.
    Agreed on judging the police. Disagreed on your demonizing the "media". Hanlon's Razor applies.

10. #54 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SmarterthanYou View Post
    and you assume that they are all blustering keyboard warriors because you project your own cowardice upon them. excuses and insults are all you have.
    Results count. Not a single member of JPP attended Trump's rally much less attacked the Capitol.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Doc Dutch For This Post:

LV426 (06-23-2022)

12. #55 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch Uncle View Post
    Results count. Not a single member of JPP attended Trump's rally much less attacked the Capitol.
    irrelevant and more stupid assed assumptions

13. #56 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Sawyerloggingon View Post
    I'll wait for all the facts to come in before judging the cops in this. The media keeps spewing out false information which changes daily.
    have you always been a led by the nose sheeple who needs government to tell them what to think?

14. #57 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

irrelevant and more stupid assed assumptions
    Disagreed on relevancy. Facts matter and results count. Not a single JPP keyboard warrior went to DC on 1/6.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Doc Dutch For This Post:

LV426 (06-23-2022)

16. #58 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch Uncle View Post
    Disagreed on relevancy. Facts matter and results count. Not a single JPP keyboard warrior went to DC on 1/6.
    you can disagree all you want, mr. wrong. it's irrelevant because you assume everyone at JPP is a keyboard warrior and some trump cultist........and then when asked to prove it, you ignore it and continue on with your inane bullshit. maybe YOU are just irrelevant. or maybe you're a keyboard warrior since you didn't go there either

17. #59 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 47 Times in 47 Posts

have you always been a led by the nose sheeple who needs government to tell them what to think?
    I need actual facts before I decide what to think.
    " Never underestimate Joe's ability to fuck things up "

Woke is the new Nazi's

18. #60 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,287 Times in 27,095 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,975 Times in 2,692 Posts

No, I don't believe in bragging about courage under fire from the safety of a keyboard, like you do.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Cypress For This Post:

Doc Dutch (06-23-2022)