Thread: What's Wrong With Donald?

1. #61 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 82,517 Times in 52,735 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,657 Times in 4,376 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LurchAddams View Post
    I think he's sweet on you. Frustrated attraction, Hooter-babe.

You can smell it on him.

Good morning
    You wouldn't happen to have any drunken psycho repellant, would you? lol
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals." -- Mark Twain

2. The Following User Groans At ThatOwlWoman For This Awful Post:

LurchAddams (06-20-2022)

3. #62 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,893 Times in 6,585 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 537 Times in 514 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ThatOwlWoman View Post
    You wouldn't happen to have any drunken psycho repellant, would you? lol
    Oh, yeah. I did online dating for a year. I got all the repellants, baby
    ================================================== =

There will come a day where Donald Trump is gone, but the dishonor of those who carried his water will remain.

4. #63 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,095 Times in 13,072 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello Frank,

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Apisa View Post
    Poli...read what the Trumpers are saying. There is no advantage for "forgiving" them...or for trying to play nice. This mess will not resolve itself in a peaceful way. "Forgiving" may have a nice sound to it. It is worthless here.
    That depends on what the goal is here. I am not trying to convince any right wingers to change their mind. That's ridiculous. People change their minds when they want to, not because of someone else they hate trying to get them to. Trolling the trolls does not get them to change their mind. It only reinforces their hatred.

No, I am taking a different route. I am leading by example. I am showing my best behavior and remaining non-judgemental. I come to talk about politics, learn what's going on, and get a feel for the pulse of the nation. Once a right winger unloads their frustration on me there is no more point in talking to them. One anybody does that to anyone here the best thing to do is refuse to have anything to do with that person again. There would be a lot less animosity and a lot more love if everyone did that.

There is nothing to be gained in trying to unload frustration on anyone else. They are just going to dish out what they got back at whomever told them off. Nothing is accomplished and both posters are left stung and self-fooled into thinking they 'won' the argument. There is no winning here unless people are enlightened and learn things they did not know.

As long as people are just mouthing off at one another, that's not happening. And all it does is further the bitter resentment in America that's holding our nation back. Because so many people act like that, the nation is dysfunctional, unable to deal properly with needs and issues. If everyone acted like the example I am setting, the nation would be able to rationally examine problems, agree they need to be dealt with, and brainstorm up creative solutions.

I don't care if it ever happens in my lifetime, I have to do the right thing. It is only logical to do that. We want the best nation we can create, that is the best way to accomplish that. A fully functional self-governing democratic republic requires the active participation of a well-informed populace. Not a bunch of name-callers who are obsessed with unloading their own frustrations and judgements upon others who refuse to even recognize the same set of basic facts; and instead substitute hatred for discussion.

Basically I am simply demonstrating how the country could be if people would simply grow up, get over their grudges, and really try to enact the best course for our future.

It's OK for left and right to hold different views. It is OK to discuss different viewpoints. It is not OK to harbor hatred or act like a bunch of poorly behaved immature children with no adult in the room.

There is every advantage in letting grudges go. Only when the mind is not clouded with hatred and disgust for our fellow Americans of different views can productive discussion ease tensions. Holding grudges clouds the mind. Only through forgiveness can the mind be truly cleared of that fogging clutter. Forgiveness is for the forgiver, not the forgiven. The forgiven need not even be told. It's something one does for oneself. That is true maturity.

Here's a real irony. I am an atheist and I have embraced the same thing which is laid out in the Bible. Not because it is in the Bible, but because it is simply logical that a nation comprised of individuals who act that way is going to work better than a nation full of people who can't have a nice conversation without unloading on one another. And most of the people who will do that are Christians! Go figure. Is it any wonder I am not impressed with religion.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

5. #64 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Frank, I do not need to read what the Trumpers are saying if it is simply a disrespectful emotional rant. I have heard it all before. Once they mouth off at me they go on Ignore. And you know what? I don't miss that at all. Sometimes I actually miss the poster a bit, but that quickly passes and I move on to talking with someone else.

I would be perfectly happy to read anything a Trump supporter wants to say as long as they have basic manners and say it with mutual respect. So far, every single Trump supporter to come to this site has been unable to conduct a mutually respectful conversation. Sooner or later they fly into a rant and try to tell me off. And then they get placed on Ignore and I move on. I like people who can speak knowledgeably about politics and perhaps point out something I did not know. But that's not worth it if it is laden with aggression and animosity. I don't have to put up with that. It may seem a bit cold, but I have no problem poofing them, because there are plenty more where they came from.

I do not spend all day and all night in here 24-7. I have a life outside of this place. I only visit when I want to chill out and talk politics. For my limited time here, I want an enjoyable experience and maybe learn something. I do not come here for nasty arguments. I don't mind a challenging debate. There is a huge difference and I know precisely when the line has been crossed. I might give someone a second chance IRL, but not here. Voices are a dime a dozen in here. I can find plenty to talk to without putting up with sandbox food fights. I would rather spoil myself by only talking to those voices I choose. That way, I make the most of my visits and I don't waste my time with garbage posts. I want the intellectually stirring posts only.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

6. #65 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Lurch,

Ok. So we should forgive all axe-murderers. Someone stole their Duck Dynasty action figure collection when they were kids and they never recovered from the redneck trauma.

twump, has no soul, ergo, deserves zero forgiveness.

Hell doesn't want him. It's not necessary he go there - he's already in his personal one.
    People make mistakes. Forgiveness is golden.

Do not confuse personal forgiveness with legal forgiveness.

I am talking about the personal kind which frees the mind of grudges and allows clear thinking.

People who commit crimes should be prosecuted to the full extent of the law whether or not they are forgiven.

Often, the families and victims of crimes forgive the criminal. That is mentally healthier than holding a grudge.

7. The Following User Groans At PoliTalker For This Awful Post:

LurchAddams (06-20-2022)

8. #66 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Hello Lurch,

People make mistakes. Forgiveness is golden.

Do not confuse personal forgiveness with legal forgiveness.

I am talking about the personal kind which frees the mind of grudges and allows clear thinking.

People who commit crimes should be prosecuted to the full extent of the law whether or not they are forgiven.

Often, the families and victims of crimes forgive the criminal. That is mentally healthier than holding a grudge.
    No. He tried to kill people and destroy out great nation over his lust for power and fear of accountability. There is no redemption for that creature.

Sorry.

There will come a day where Donald Trump is gone, but the dishonor of those who carried his water will remain.

9. #67 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Lurch,

No. He tried to kill people and destroy out great nation over his lust for power and fear of accountability. There is no redemption for that creature.

Sorry.
    Some people simply feel that revenge is justifiable. It's very popular in movies. Many movie plots would simply not work without the concept of revenge.

Truly mature minds understand that holding grudges only hurts the one holding the grudge, and that exacting revenge does not fix mental health issues.

The best case for handling crime is justice, followed by a just sentence, and if possible, followed by mental health counseling, true sorrow and regret, a commitment to better oneself if the chance is very available. Forgiveness has nothing to do with that, but it applies to the mental health of the victim and their family.

This is all logical, with emotion held at bay.

10. #68 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,920 Times in 13,189 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 832 Times in 791 Posts

Well, we know who twump is now. He's twump and whoever Biden is in your freak show fever dreams is no comparison to that nightmare.

You suck.

Also, here's a groan.

Also, Good Morning
    Yep, Biden's much worse. Thanks for agreeing on that!

11. #69 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
    Yep, Biden's much worse. Thanks for agreeing on that!
    Like I said. In your freak show fever dreams. You know your guy is still out doing crimes? twump was at a rally yesterday, still claiming Pence should have defied the Constitution and refused to certify.

You already admitted the election was legit.. so how could any sane person say Biden's worse that that guy?

12. #70 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,948 Times in 1,418 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 111 Times in 104 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by evince View Post
    He donated to him because theirs kids were friends idiot

They never liked him much

Back in that day he couldn’t donate much in any election

You know

The way it should be
    horse shit, he donated because Clinton was a playboy just like him and he felt sorry for anyone married to Hillary
    Doc Dutch finally admits he is a steaming pile of chickenshit!

13. #71 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 47 Times in 47 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Here is a guy born with a silver spoon in his mouth, the huge advantage of vast wealth to help him navigate a life in America.

But alas, that great wealth came from ripping people off. It was tainted. Dirty money. His father was a greedy cheat and a racist.

Donald had a troubled childhood. His father did not know how to love. He was obsessed with money. Donald was not the first son. He was an also-ran. His father paid him little attention, preferring to let his mother deal with him.

His older brother did not work out as the family heir to the dirty money fortume, as Donald's father had hoped.

Finally, his father gave up his older brother and accepted that Donald would be 'the one,' but only if Donald would show enough cold ruthlessness to commit completely to money above all else.

Donald learned his lesson. He only cares about money. He has no compassion for other human beings. None. All are subservient to him, or he wants nothing to do with them.

Money is the end-all be-all for Donald.

His greatest fear is that he is not super-rich, super-powerful.

That, and getting a pie in the face.

Strange fear, yes. It must represent publicly being singled out for deserving ridicule.

What a mess that man's head is!
    Whatever Trumps personality flaws may or may not be, his policies worked and America thrived and prospered with him as our president.
    " Never underestimate Joe's ability to fuck things up "

Woke is the new Nazi's

14. #72 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

There are thousands of Donalds just like him in the private world that no one but family sees. What puzzles me the most is that this particular Donald is and has been for decades a media whore. *Everyone* sees the corrupt gleeful grifter for what he is -- yet a certain segment of our country worships him anyways. They have gone far beyond merely being supporters to being cult members in thrall to this horrible, vile human being.

I don't understand this.
    Yeah we get it you hate Trump but you liked cheap gas, a booming economy, low unemployment and low inflation. Personally I want a president that does a good job not a pretend buddy.

Woke is the new Nazi's

15. #73 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 54,760 Times in 33,626 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,065 Times in 4,683 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sawyerloggingon View Post
    Whatever Trumps personality flaws may or may not be, his policies worked and America thrived and prospered with him as our president.
    Really, stock market nearly crashed in 2020, COVID pandemic was handled poorly leading to shut downs and other things too numerous to mention.
    https://www.brookings.edu/research/f...se-to-covid19/

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Phantasmal For This Post:

PoliTalker (06-21-2022), ThatOwlWoman (06-21-2022)

17. #74 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Sadly true. If #TRE45ON were to croak today, they would just find themselves a replacement. DeathSantis and others have been positioning themselves just for that possibility.
    Now you're getting it. Trump never was the leader of a movement that democrats think he is and with or without him the movement continues. Trump jumped on board a moving train and ended up being the engineer. He increased it's speed and got us closer to our final destination but if he's removed we have a deep bench ready to step in and take his place. In fact I believe at this point Trump has served his purpose and more effective leaders are chomping at the bit.

Woke is the new Nazi's

18. #75 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Phantasmal View Post
    Really, stock market nearly crashed in 2020, COVID pandemic was handled poorly leading to shut downs and other things to numerous to mention.
    https://www.brookings.edu/research/f...se-to-covid19/
    Yeah the pandemic threw a wrench in the gears and it would have been an economic blip but democrat governors kept their economies shutdown for extended periods with the intent of derailing Trumps economic success. This has led us to where we are today with high inflation, record high inflation and a labor shortage.

Woke is the new Nazi's