Thanks
    Thanked 8,893 Times in 6,585 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 537 Times in 514 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Hello Lurch,

I don't have time for such nonsense.

If somebody won't talk straight up as a respectful equal then I won't have anything to do with them.

Life's too short. Plenty of more interesting minds to exchange thoughts with out there.

Any response at all to a troll is all they require to continue baiting you. That let's them know they have gotten your attention.

The mistake is to respond at all. That gives them a little endorphin rush. They have baited you into responding and they now have you on the hook for more.

Any response at all begins the abuser/enabler relationship.

The only way to avoid becoming an enabler for online abuse is to recognize the abuse as soon as it occurs, usually some comment about the other poster, and cut if off right then and there. Place the name on the Ignore List and forget all about them. Never respond. Never talk about that poster, never acknowledge they even exist. Don't respond to anyone else who wants to talk about them.

Find more interesting people to talk to. Tell yourself you deserve better. You'll be glad you did. Nobody needs the stupid stress.
    I talk to you and the other non-trolls here as well.

I'm sorry. I find trolls and their troll tactics interesting. Trolls represent self-hatred projected outward. I like to see how long it takes me to either trigger or corner them.

It's a game I play here. It's fun for me. I'm going to continue.
    ================================================== =

There will come a day where Donald Trump is gone, but the dishonor of those who carried his water will remain.

2. #32 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,095 Times in 13,072 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello Lurch,

Quote Originally Posted by LurchAddams View Post

I'm sorry. I find trolls and their troll tactics interesting. Trolls represent self-hatred projected outward. I like to see how long it takes me to either trigger or corner them.

I understand. I used to do that long ago. The decision to leave that behind has to come from within. Nobody got me to change. I wanted to. I'm glad I did.

It just seemed like trolling the trolls was like trying to hook somebody who is trying to put a hook into you. Nobody wins. No way I could ever see wanting to go back to that.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

3. The Following User Groans At PoliTalker For This Awful Post:

LurchAddams (06-18-2022)

4. #33 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

ANOTHER FAMOUS TRIED AND FAILED TROLL TACTIC: "THE DEMOCRATS ARE THE RACISTS, THEY STARTED THE KKK!!"

Now, careful with this one, because this is a famous troll gaslight attempt, and you want to make sure you acknowledge how fucked up they are. Here's how to do it:

Say, "Yes, 100 years ago, people in the South where were Democrats, we called, "Dixicrats". When we tried to desegregate their schools these "Dixiecrats" all switched parties and are now Republicans."

100 years ago there were no cell phones or google.

Times change and people change. You (talking to the troll) need to learn to change with it.
    Last edited by LurchAddams; 06-18-2022 at 05:08 PM.

There will come a day where Donald Trump is gone, but the dishonor of those who carried his water will remain.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to LurchAddams For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (06-18-2022)

6. #34 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Hello Lurch,

I understand. I used to do that long ago. The decision to leave that behind has to come from within. Nobody got me to change. I wanted to. I'm glad I did.

It just seemed like trolling the trolls was like trying to hook somebody who is trying to put a hook into you. Nobody wins. No way I could ever see wanting to go back to that.
    Well, then you were not doing it right.

I win.

I ALWAYS win.

7. #35 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,989 Times in 11,516 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,459 Times in 2,200 Posts

Politalker is a coward. He puts everyone on ignore it they don't agree with what he said.

8. #36 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BidenPresident View Post
    Politalker is a coward. He puts everyone on ignore it they don't agree with what he said.
    Oh Well, I hope he doesn't ignore me. If I had to guess, I'd say, our friend, Poll has had his ass handed to him by trolls a time or two.

You just need to stay cool and wait for your opening. They'll always give you one.

9. #37 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,027 Times in 12,557 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,401 Times in 1,345 Posts
    Blog Entries

TROLL:

Covid has been used to green light the revolution those in power had in mind
    This illegal illegitimate regime that runs America is at fault...not me.... they do not represent me and I have long objected to their crimes against humanity.

10. #38 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,833 Times in 6,110 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 710 Times in 658 Posts
    Blog Entries

Into the Night

BigDog

Truth Detector

These are three of the trolls I've been playing with. So.. here's what they do. Say for example, you start or are participating in a thread about 1/6.

What those guys do will be to come in and first, try to sew doubt that it was a planned coup. They'll use the Fox line that "it was just no big deal".

Another tactic, is that they'll claim it can't be a coup because there were "no weapons".

Those are just two examples of the lies they attempt. The trick is to stay calm and let them do that. Just calmly say it was planed and the 1/6 presentation proves. it.

The worst thing you can do to a troll is not lose your cool. That's what they want. It drives them insane when you stay calm and don't snow anger.

Eventually the trolls, and I've seen all three of them do this: When they can't get to you using the tactics above, they'll screw up and say something stupid, like "it was Democrats who conduced to coup". <--- that's your opening. When that happens just pursue them relentlessly with one line:

Prove it.

And don't let them off the hook, just keep saying prove (whatever dumshit thing they said). They'll try to deflect, they'll try to insult you, anything to get you to stop asking them to prove it. One of those guys, I think it was Into the Night, tried to deny they said what they said. Well, I had cut and pasted their quote into a word document, because I knew they'd do that. All I do then is paste their lie they lied about, and continue to say, "prove it".

Trolls are stupid. Duh - they're trolls. They're really easy to defeat here.
    You know you get to them when they ban you. Bigdog banned me after I told him that the women on The View weren't saying what he was making them say.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Jade Dragon For This Post:

LurchAddams (06-18-2022)

12. #39 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jade Dragon View Post
    You know you get to them when they ban you. Bigdog banned me after I told him that the women on The View weren't saying what he was making them say.
    Well, I've been banned before. I'll find somewhere else to go. I'll be fine. I always am.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to LurchAddams For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (06-18-2022)

14. #40 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

AS THE NEXT J6 HEARING APPROACHES TUESDAY, PREVIEWS OF THE NEXT SET OF REVELATIONS WILL BE REVEALED. ALONG WITH THAT I BE WATCHING TWITTER AND OTHER MEDIA SITES FOR THE TROLL REBUTTAL ATTEMPTS. WHEN I SEE THOSE I WILL POST THE "ANTITOTES" HERE.

This is so fun

15. #41 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,918 Times in 13,188 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 829 Times in 788 Posts

You're like the guy at a Vegas baccarat table on his eighth drink who can't understand why he loses every hand even when he has a blackjack...

16. #42 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
    You're like the guy at a Vegas baccarat table on his eighth drink who can't understand why he loses every hand even when he has a blackjack...
    Are you angry at Pence for not following through on what trump asked?

17. #43 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Are you angry at Pence for not following through on what trump asked?
    I was wrong earlier. Make that his second fifth...

18. #44 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
    I was wrong earlier. Make that his second fifth...
    Are you afraid to answer? Was Pence right or wrong for certifying the 2020 election and handing it to Biden?

It's easy. It's a "yes" or "no" question.

You just have to say yes or no.

If you're afraid to answer, you'll say anything else, but "yes" or "no".

19. #45 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Are you afraid to answer? Was Pence right or wrong for certifying the 2020 election and handing it to Biden?

It's easy. It's a "yes" or "no" question.

You just have to say yes or no.

If you're afraid to answer, you'll say anything else, but "yes" or "no".
    Do you still beat your wife?

So, when you grow up and know how to ask a question correctly, maybe I'll answer, but I'm not holding my breath for that to happen, because I'd die before it did...