Thread: Trump Desperately Tried To Get Pence To Illegally Steal Election

1. #136 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,320 Times in 9,828 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 510 Times in 483 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    I think the thing that makes the racist right so angry is that the left reminds them of the wrongs which have been done, the things they are trying very hard to pretend were OK.

Slavery was not OK.

Racism is a response to slavery, a way to mask feelings of guilt, a way to redefine a shameful past, a less than noble heritage.

If someone is trying very hard to ignore something troubling, and they do not wish to face up to it, yet they are reminded of it by others, it is entirely predictable that they would become very angry at those who are doing the reminding.

That is why the white supremacist right brailles so adamantly at any discussion of racism.
    nobody's pretending slavery was ok.

that's just a lie you have believed.

2. #137 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,897 Times in 21,661 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,688 Times in 5,191 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by evince View Post
    Fox won’t be able to lie these facts away

Local stations are reporting it too
    Sure they will, those people will believe whatever they say.

18 U.S. Code § 2071 - Concealment, removal, or mutilation generally
    44 U.S.C. 2202 - The United States shall reserve and retain complete ownership, possession, and control of Presidential records; and such records shall be administered in accordance with the provisions of this chapter.

LOCK HIM UP!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Jarod For This Post:

evince (07-05-2022)

4. #138 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,041 Times in 6,685 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 543 Times in 519 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello Lurch,

It's a sad thing when hatred grips a country. The parallels to Hitler are prominent. I have no doubt there must have been a proportion of Germany that abhorred Hitler and did not approve of his ambitions.

And this hatred which has infested our country is not a natural hatred. It has been purposely spread, diabolically co-opting the weaker emotions, in order to accomplish a sinister and rather shallow purpose of greed. It's all so clear, yet the conned are powerless to see what has gripped them.

And then we have people on the left taking up the hatred, because they are the target of it, so they want to dish it up right back where it came from.

That is a natural unknowing emotional response; not logical. Hatred is not going to reduce hatred. It is only going to make it hotter.

I can only hope that one day people grow tired of it and wonder what life is like without it.

I am keeping peace alive in my heart, and in the way I treat people, in the hopes that a small light becomes brighter in time.

If this is a test of my conviction and commitment to peace, I aim to stand up to it with all that I can muster.

I am naturally ineffective in this pursuit, as others must make their own choices for themselves.

But I am buoyed by the fact that nobody told me to be like this and I came of it completely on my own; so I know that it is possible for others to do the same.

I wasn't always this forgiving and understanding. I look at my past of less discernment, and I know that no matter what I will never sink to that level again, because true peace at heart is so much finer. I look at JPP as this place of fire and friction. I see my effort as bringing cooling ice and reflection. And the sharing of knowledge and wisdom, whether it finds receptive ears or not in the immediate sense, but perhaps in a way where something I said sticks in the memory; and then down the road, at a time when I may never know it, strikes a sense of realization that respect and peace are truly the only way.
    I agree with you except I don't feel "the left want to retaliate with hatred". I feel most of the left would be fine without any.
    ================================================== =

There will come a day where Donald Trump is gone, but the dishonor of those who carried his water will remain.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to LurchAddams For This Post:

PoliTalker (07-05-2022)

6. #139 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,108 Times in 13,083 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Trump knew.

"Marc Short, who was Pence's chief of staff, said in videotaped testimony that Pence told Trump "many times" that he did not have the authority to stop the vote certification in Congress as the Republican president sought.

Gregory Jacob, an attorney for Pence, said the main proponent of that theory, attorney John Eastman, admitted in front of the president two days before the attack that his plan to have Pence halt the procedure would violate the law."

Trump pressed, threatened Pence to overturn election, panel hears
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

7. #140 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,108 Times in 13,083 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello Lurch,

Quote Originally Posted by LurchAddams View Post
    I agree with you except I don't feel "the left want to retaliate with hatred". I feel most of the left would be fine without any.
    I concur. the part of the left that wants to display hatred toward the right is over-represented on discussion forums. I really think a lot of the left just wants pretty much little to nothing to do with politics in general because they find it so distasteful.

We few who come in here are not a representative cross-section of America.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

8. #141 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,760 Times in 4,510 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 185 Times in 181 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    Getting your information from CNN makes you uninformed and stupid. There was no desperation. That's a strawman. Yes, Trump tried to press Pence to not certify the election and send it back to the states to ensure there was no fraud. That isn't illegal.
    The states had already ensured there was no fraud and they still haven't found any. There was a procedure to challenge accepting a state's electoral votes and the Republicans did not have the support to do that for any state.
    Last edited by Flash; 07-05-2022 at 10:42 AM.

9. #142 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,041 Times in 6,685 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 543 Times in 519 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello Lurch,

I concur. the part of the left that wants to display hatred toward the right is over-represented on discussion forums. I really think a lot of the left just wants pretty much little to nothing to do with politics in general because they find it so distasteful.

We few who come in here are not a representative cross-section of America.
    Not possible to effect change and no take part in politics. I think most people on the left who takes part in these forums might blow off steam in their posts, but when it comes down to it, would join any coalition with people on the right and foment compromise.

I think most people on the right who take part in these forums truly are full of hate. They way they promote guns while celebrating the loss of human rights. Most people on the right who take part in these forums I've found to be total assholes.
    The alternative is another Civil War, and I feel most people, even if they "talk tough" about it, don't want that.
    ================================================== =

There will come a day where Donald Trump is gone, but the dishonor of those who carried his water will remain.

10. #143 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,129 Times in 11,701 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,366 Times in 1,352 Posts
    Blog Entries

CSPAN Day 3 of J6SC Hearings - Trump's pressure campaign to get Pence to break the law and steal the 2020 election for Trump.

The J6SC is presenting convincing evidence that Trump broke the law and is guilty of seditious conspiracy.
    Pence DID illegally steal the election. He had no authority to choose the electors for any State, but did it anyway.
    "The atmosphere is among the factors that determines the Earth's atmosphere." --ZenMode
    "Donald has failed in almost every endeavor he has attempted. " --floridafan
    "Abortion is not a moral issue. " --BidenPresident
    "Propaganda can also be factual." --Flash
    "Even after being vaccinated, you shed virus particles." --Jerome
    "no slavery is forcing another into labor" -archives
    "Evs are much safer from fires" -- Nordberg
    "Abortion has killed no one." -- LurchAddams

11. #144 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Concart View Post
    Simple top line here. The President of the United States attempted to coerce his VP to commit an act he KNEW was a criminal act, and when the VP refused, Trump tried to have a mob kill him. Multiple crimes.
    Trump did not want Pence to illegally steal the election.
    "The atmosphere is among the factors that determines the Earth's atmosphere." --ZenMode

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Into the Night For This Post:

Truth Detector (07-06-2022)

13. #145 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PostmodernProphet View Post
    show the evidence or stfu.....
    This is inversion. It is Democrats that were burning, looting, pillaging, attacking the police, and successfully conducted the coup.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Into the Night For This Post:

15. #146 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

That's what they always try to do. Pivot to BLM and last summer, as if I, from my armchair at home was commanding people to riot.
    Inversion fallacy. YOU try to pivot what Democrats have been doing to Trump. It is DEMOCRATS that caused the election to fault through election fraud. It is DEMOCRATS that were attacking the police (and still do!). It is DEMOCRATS that conducted the coup.

16. The Following User Groans At Into the Night For This Awful Post:

LurchAddams (07-05-2022)

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Into the Night For This Post:

Blackwater Lunchbreak (07-05-2022), Truth Detector (07-06-2022)

18. #147 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Lurch,

I've been unable to have conversations with Trump supporters here because they can't do it without unleashing their hatred, and I refuse to become their enabler.
    No, it's because you have the longest ignore list on JPP.

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Into the Night For This Post:

gfm7175 (07-05-2022), Truth Detector (07-06-2022)

20. #148 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

It's all because they want to be able to hate gays and minorities and say the "n" word. The "woke" won't let them. That's where it all comes from. White supremacy and scapegoating all their ills onto others.

It's the Nazi playbook and the current GOP, including twump, Bannon, Flynn, Stone, Meadows, Steven Miller, Rudy, and others have embraced.
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! You are REALLY GOING to try all these meaningless buzzword AGAIN??????????!?

You have NO idea what fascism is, dumbass. The Liberal language doesn't work here.

21. The Following User Groans At Into the Night For This Awful Post:

LurchAddams (07-05-2022)

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Into the Night For This Post:

23. #149 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I think the thing that makes the racist right so angry is that the left reminds them of the wrongs which have been done, the things they are trying very hard to pretend were OK.

Slavery was not OK.

Racism is a response to slavery, a way to mask feelings of guilt, a way to redefine a shameful past, a less than noble heritage.

If someone is trying very hard to ignore something troubling, and they do not wish to face up to it, yet they are reminded of it by others, it is entirely predictable that they would become very angry at those who are doing the reminding.

That is why the white supremacist right brailles so adamantly at any discussion of racism.
    You are describing yourself again.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Into the Night For This Post:

25. #150 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Flash View Post
    The states had already ensured there was no fraud and they still haven't found any. There was a procedure to challenge accepting a state's electoral votes and the Republicans did not have the support to do that for any state.
    Lie. You cannot wish the evidence away, dude.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Into the Night For This Post: