Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Was it Cowardice by Police in the Texas school shooting?

1. #31 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 83,422 Times in 53,288 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,661 Times in 4,380 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye10 View Post
    "RUN!"
    You first, but please put down that bottle of Jack first.
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals." -- Mark Twain

2. #32 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by signalmankenneth View Post
    Police are trained to engage the shooter in cases like this even if you are by yourself, you don't wait for backup?!! The little children were asking for help, by texting and calling 911, and you had wounded that might have lived too if it were not for the delayed response by police?!! I personally think there were scared to engage the shooter?!!
    I agree. If it turns out that these reports are true, they are all cowards. I don't know how they can live with themselves.
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals." -- Mark Twain

3. The Following User Says Thank You to ThatOwlWoman For This Post:

signalmankenneth (05-28-2022)

4. #33 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,041 Times in 6,685 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 543 Times in 519 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SmarterthanYou View Post
    hey dumbfuck.........

Seung-Hui Cho, an undergraduate student at the university and a U.S. resident who was from South Korea, killed 32 people and wounded 17 others with two semi-automatic pistols.

fricking leftist anti gun jackasses
    Hi. Blow me, troll. That is all.

5. #34 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LurchAddams View Post
    Yep. Owl Woman just doesn't want to believe the cops could be so evil. I can't blame her. Unfortunately, the cops in Uvalde are that evil.
    No, I don't believe that they are evil. I do however suspect great cowardice. We'll see when all the facts are sorted out, if they ever are.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to ThatOwlWoman For This Post:

Stone (05-28-2022)

7. #35 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,305 Times in 13,426 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 843 Times in 802 Posts

My friend. There is mental illness in all countries throughout the world. There are bad people with guns all over the world. You know what other civilized countries like Aus, NZ, and the UK don't have? Assault rifles in the hands of civilians.

We have the most gun deaths. Grab a clue, won't you?
    Taking away the guns doesn't solve the problem. The crazies will simply find another way while you totally fuck over the not-so-crazy people who aren't the problem. What you propose amounts to a binary, draconian, solution that is easily implemented by government while ass raping law abiding citizens of their rights and freedoms.

8. #36 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,112 Times in 12,637 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,444 Times in 1,388 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
    Taking away the guns doesn't solve the problem. The crazies will simply find another way while you totally fuck over the not-so-crazy people who aren't the problem. What you propose amounts to a binary, draconian, solution that is easily implemented by government while ass raping law abiding citizens of their rights and freedoms.
    The people who are dead set on hurting us will still hurt us.....the only solution is figuring out how we create people who so badly want to cause society pain.

Obviously we dont hear hardly anyone talking about that.
    I choose my own words like the Americans of olden times........before this dystopia arrived.

DARK AGES SUCK!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Hawkeye10 For This Post:

Matt Dillon (05-29-2022)

10. #37 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Yeah. Whatever.

11. #38 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Obviously, I'm new here. One thing I've noticed. Very few people who ID as "conservative" have any soul. This latest massacre has been a great litmus test. Those who show no sympathy for the kids and just gleefully taunt and troll are going on my ignore list. This latest shooting, although really tragic has really shown people here for what they are.

Those without empathy go on ignore.

12. #39 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

The people who are dead set on hurting us will still hurt us.....the only solution is figuring out how we create people who so badly want to cause society pain.
    Exactly. And in the interim, we can put such people on notice with the authorities such that they get the increased scrutiny they need when they need it.

For example, if we had a "shades of grey" Red Flag law, it might go like this:

Angry Nutter posts crazy stuff on social media about killing people and such.
    People see this and report it.
    The authorities make digital copies of Angry Nutter's posts and flag Angry Nutter as a potential threat.
    Angry Nutter goes to a gun store to buy a weapon.
    The store runs a check on Angry Nutter.
    It comes back that Angry Nutter has been flagged as a possible risk.
    The store's salesperson tells Angry Nutter, "Sorry, I can't sell you a gun today." He hands Angry Nutter a page with contact information. "I don't know what the problem is, but you need to contact one of these agencies and find out. Once you straighten things out with them, I'll be happy to sell you a gun. Would you like to make a down payment to hold it until things are cleared up?"

This is the current "Red Flag" situation where if you get on the 'list' you are screwed and getting off is a nightmare. Rather here, you have to go down to the local police station or the like and be interviewed for a few minutes about your crazy posts and such. If the interviewer decides you aren't the crazy threat the authorities thought you were, you're free to buy a gun. The system is tilted towards letting you buy rather than against you by design. The authorities want you to not be a nutjob. They want you to say you're just a troll, and prove it to a good degree. No draconian requirements involved.

Once you prove this, you get your gun and off you go happy with life once again.

Is it perfect? No. No system is going to be. The idea here is that say your angry ex- puts you on the list. You get denied. You go to the authorities and seeing the evidence (which they HAVE to show you), say "That's just my batshit crazy ex-, she hates me. I'm buying a new deer rifle for the season next month, she got my old one in the settlement."
    The authorities let you buy a new deer rifle. Oh, the police might investigate the crazy ex- for frivolously putting you on the list too. Once the word gets out reporting someone frivolously or maliciously will get you arrested, that crap will mostly stop too.

In the Uvalde situation this might have stopped the crazy 18-year-old in his tracks.
    Last edited by T. A. Gardner; 05-28-2022 at 06:34 PM.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to T. A. Gardner For This Post:

Matt Dillon (05-29-2022)

14. #40 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I am a well known enemy of the Victim Culture Cult.
    Actually you are the Prime Minister of the Victim Culture Cult. You regularly schmooze with this forum's biggest victim and encourage the frequent crying and whining and poor-pitiful-me stuff.

Drink some more; your bizarre non-sequiturs are hilarious.

15. The Following User Groans At ThatOwlWoman For This Awful Post:

cancel2 2022 (05-28-2022)

16. #41 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Yeah. Whatever.
    So, what if your ban was in place and that nutjob in Uvalde chose to buy say, five of these and use them on the school instead? No regulations on these right now.

You see, your knee jerk reaction is to ban the tool rather than do something to fix the problem. What you suggest is banning hammers because they smash thumbs.

17. The Following User Groans At T. A. Gardner For This Awful Post:

LurchAddams (05-28-2022)

18. #42 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

So, what if your ban was in place and that nutjob in Uvalde chose to buy say, five of these and use them on the school instead? No regulations on these right now.

You see, your knee jerk reaction is to ban the tool rather than do something to fix the problem. What you suggest is banning hammers because they smash thumbs.
    Holy shit! I did NOT think of that! Thanks so fucking much!

Hey: I've got something: what if this happens: Aliens from space come down and energy ray us.

We need to get these weapons of war off the street my friend.

19. #43 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Exactly. And in the interim, we can put such people on notice with the authorities such that they get the increased scrutiny they need when they need it.

For example, if we had a "shades of grey" Red Flag law, it might go like this:

Angry Nutter posts crazy stuff on social media about killing people and such.
    People see this and report it.
    The authorities make digital copies of Angry Nutter's posts and flag Angry Nutter as a potential threat.
    Angry Nutter goes to a gun store to buy a weapon.
    The store runs a check on Angry Nutter.
    It comes back that Angry Nutter has been flagged as a possible risk.
    The store's salesperson tells Angry Nutter, "Sorry, I can't sell you a gun today." He hands Angry Nutter a page with contact information. "I don't know what the problem is, but you need to contact one of these agencies and find out. Once you straighten things out with them, I'll be happy to sell you a gun. Would you like to make a down payment to hold it until things are cleared up?"

This is the current "Red Flag" situation where if you get on the 'list' you are screwed and getting off is a nightmare. Rather here, you have to go down to the local police station or the like and be interviewed for a few minutes about your crazy posts and such. If the interviewer decides you aren't the crazy threat the authorities thought you were, you're free to buy a gun. The system is tilted towards letting you buy rather than against you by design. The authorities want you to not be a nutjob. They want you to say you're just a troll, and prove it to a good degree. No draconian requirements involved.

Once you prove this, you get your gun and off you go happy with life once again.

Is it perfect? No. No system is going to be. The idea here is that say your angry ex- puts you on the list. You get denied. You go to the authorities and seeing the evidence (which they HAVE to show you), say "That's just my batshit crazy ex-, she hates me. I'm buying a new deer rifle for the season next month, she got my old one in the settlement."
    The authorities let you buy a new deer rifle. Oh, the police might investigate the crazy ex- for frivolously putting you on the list too. Once the word gets out reporting someone frivolously or maliciously will get you arrested, that crap will mostly stop too.

In the Uvalde situation this might have stopped the crazy 18-year-old in his tracks.
    Bret and Heather talked a bit about this today. I am not in favor because where will will end up is exactly where the UTOPIANS want to end up, with the police/surveillance state watching us all 24/7, and crushing all dissent.....as the Chinese do. It will come with a social credit system where not only the wrong thinkers get hammered, but also the people in their lives. Obviously condemning the wrongthinker will help your score but friends and family will still not be unscathed.
    I choose my own words like the Americans of olden times........before this dystopia arrived.

DARK AGES SUCK!

20. #44 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Bret and Heather talked a bit about this today. I am not in favor because where will will end up is exactly where the UTOPIANS want to end up, with the police/surveillance state watching us all 24/7, and crushing all dissent.....as the Chinese do. It will come with a social credit system where not only the wrong thinkers get hammered, but also the people in their lives. Obviously condemning the wrongthinker will help your score but friends and family will still not be unscathed.
    Yea, that is the danger with letting bureaucrats have any control whatsoever. This would require a very short leash and a system that favors the person in every case. I think it could be done, but it would require a lot of effort in design and even then there would be no guarantee that it wouldn't eventually morph into the very thing it was supposed to avoid becoming.

21. #45 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Yea, that is the danger with letting bureaucrats have any control whatsoever. This would require a very short leash and a system that favors the person in every case. I think it could be done, but it would require a lot of effort in design and even then there would be no guarantee that it wouldn't eventually morph into the very thing it was supposed to avoid becoming.
    The West is dying....what you want has no chance of happening.

We will track with the Chinese, except that life in America will be much more brutal...the Chinese will insist.

DARK AGES SUCK!