Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tired Of Mass Shootings? Vote Republicans OUT.

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,108 Times in 13,083 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Default Tired Of Mass Shootings? Vote Republicans OUT.

There is a reason no progress can be made on gun violence.

Republicans refuse to vote for change. The NRA owns them.

Whenever you have had enough the thing to do is stop voting for Republicans.

As soon as enough people make this their most important voting issue then we can do something about it.

Make America Safe Again.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

christiefan915 (05-28-2022), LurchAddams (05-28-2022), signalmankenneth (05-28-2022), ThatOwlWoman (05-28-2022)

3. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Everybody is talking about the Robb Elementary School Mass Shooting this week, but we have to remember that we just came off a racially motivated hate crime mass shooting in a Buffalo store the week before.

When will people reach the point where they have had enough?
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

christiefan915 (05-28-2022), Cypress (05-28-2022), LurchAddams (05-28-2022), Phantasmal (05-28-2022)

5. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 55,165 Times in 33,863 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,086 Times in 4,702 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Everybody is talking about the Robb Elementary School Mass Shooting this week, but we have to remember that we just came off a racially motivated hate crime mass shooting in a Buffalo store the week before.

I reached my point after Columbine, and my vote has reflected that, ever since.

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Phantasmal For This Post:

christiefan915 (05-28-2022), Cypress (05-28-2022), LurchAddams (05-28-2022), PoliTalker (05-28-2022), ThatOwlWoman (05-28-2022)

7. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,685 Times in 27,327 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,977 Times in 2,694 Posts

As soon as enough people make this their most important voting issue then we can do something about it.

Make America Safe Again.
    As far as I know the 1994 assault weapons ban was never ruled unconstitutional. Congress and George Dumbya just never re-authorized it.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Cypress For This Post:

PoliTalker (05-28-2022)

9. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Phantasmal,

Quote Originally Posted by Phantasmal View Post
    I reached my point after Columbine, and my vote has reflected that, ever since.
    Mine, too.

Voting for Republicans is the same as voting for more mass shootings of innocent children.

Just say no.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

LurchAddams (05-28-2022), Phantasmal (05-28-2022), ThatOwlWoman (05-28-2022)

11. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Cypress,

Quote Originally Posted by Cypress View Post
    As far as I know the 1994 assault weapons ban was never ruled unconstitutional. Congress and George Dumbya just never re-authorized it.
    I hope W is very troubled by that. He went the wrong way. It should be weighing heavily on his conscience now.

12. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,041 Times in 6,685 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 543 Times in 519 Posts
    Blog Entries

Right now. This shooting is the last straw for me. Lets get those weapons.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to LurchAddams For This Post:

PoliTalker (05-29-2022)

14. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

The Republican Taliban let the ban expire. First of all, why an expiration date? Second of all, Republicans are evil, cynical, hypocritical fucks.

15. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Phantasmal,

Mine, too.

Voting for Republicans is the same as voting for more mass shootings of innocent children.

Just say no.
    Exactly. I was like the assholes in the NRA loved it. Did you see the NRA fucks taunting the protestors. How low of a conscience does one have to have?

16. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,685 Times in 27,327 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,977 Times in 2,694 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LurchAddams View Post
    The Republican Taliban let the ban expire. First of all, why an expiration date? Second of all, Republicans are evil, cynical, hypocritical fucks.
    I assume they built in an expiration date to acquire the votes of conservative Democrats, and just crossed their fingers it would be reauthorized in ten years.

17. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Cypress For This Post:

LurchAddams (05-28-2022), Phantasmal (05-28-2022), PoliTalker (05-29-2022), ThatOwlWoman (05-28-2022)

18. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,616 Times in 9,137 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,428 Times in 1,257 Posts

Make America Safe Again.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to signalmankenneth For This Post:

PoliTalker (05-29-2022)

20. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,321 Times in 9,829 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 511 Times in 484 Posts
    Blog Entries

Make America Safe Again.
    please be advised on how much this sounds like a terroristic threat.

see something. say something.

21. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello LurchAddams,

Right now. This shooting is the last straw for me. Lets get those weapons.
    Me too. Long time ago. But this one just puts it over the top. And we never got a chance to process the hate fueled Buffalo shooting a week prior. This is just ridiculous. Enough is enough.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

LurchAddams (05-29-2022)

23. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Lurch,

Exactly. I was like the assholes in the NRA loved it. Did you see the NRA fucks taunting the protestors. How low of a conscience does one have to have?
    I don't care about any of that. I just want these mass shootings to stop. Other countries don't have this problem. We can fix this. There has to be a way. Things have to change. We have to have change. We cannot be OK with this. Lip service isn't going to do it.

Enough 'Thoughts and prayers.'

It's time for 'Ideas and Action."

And if it doesn't work then try something else. We have to keep making changes until this is solved. We can not let up until it is solved.

The resolve to see this through must be seared into our hearts.

For anyone who cares about safe schools and non-terrorized kids.

And that should be everyone.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

LurchAddams (05-29-2022)

25. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Cypress,

I assume they built in an expiration date to acquire the votes of conservative Democrats, and just crossed their fingers it would be reauthorized in ten years.
    The mass shootings were definitely smaller then.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

Cypress (05-29-2022)