Thread: Ukraine needs to face reality to end conflict, talk to Putin: Zelenskyy

1. #106 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,976 Times in 32,291 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,869 Times in 2,756 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by dukkha View Post
    he's gonna have to accept Donetsk People's Republic and the Luhansk People's Republic.
    serious question, why?......should Europe have accepted Hitler?.....if Canada demands Maine and invades, are we going to have to accept it.......
    Isaiah 6:5
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

2. The Following User Says Thank You to PostmodernProphet For This Post:

cancel2 2022 (05-28-2022)

3. #107 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye10 View Post
    Ukraine is nowhere near ready to face reality.

The needless pain continues.
    the reality is, the entire world cannot afford to let Russia get away with this........next it will be China and Taiwan.......Canada and Maine......
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

4. The Following User Says Thank You to PostmodernProphet For This Post:

cancel2 2022 (05-28-2022)

5. #108 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by anonymoose View Post
    Basically what I'm saying. "Let Russia have the responsibility "
    MAKE Russia have responsibility for everything they have done.....Russia can send natural gas to EU, the EU can use the money they would have given to Russia to rebuild Ukraine.....

6. #109 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by archives View Post
    You actually think Putin takes orders from Xi?
    I thought he was talking about Biden......that made more sense.....

7. #110 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

the populace wants Russian control
    you took a poll?.....

8. #111 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,695 Times in 27,333 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,977 Times in 2,694 Posts

ROFL
    how do you propose to sell that to Putin who holds the advantage in those areas??
    He's doesnt want a cease-fire, he wants recognition this (areas you mentioned) is now fully Russian territory
    Easy. Ukraine and the international community never recognized Putin's land grab of Crimea.

If you and and Putin are dreaming and hoping that Ukraine will somehow submit to you and recognize Donbass to be sovereign Russian territory, it ain't going to happen. Ukraine will not willingly give up it's territory.

At the very best, Putin will have to make a play for a frozen conflict where he illegally keeps Russian troops entrenched in defensive positions in Donbass and subject to constant attack.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Cypress For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (05-28-2022)

10. #112 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,756 Times in 16,563 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,622 Times in 1,532 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cypress View Post
    Easy. Ukraine and the international community never recognized Putin's land grab of Crimea.

If you and and Putin are dreaming and hoping that Ukraine will somehow submit to you and recognize Donbass to be sovereign Russian territory, it ain't going to happen. Ukraine will not willingly give up it's territory.

At the very best, Putin will have to make a play for a frozen conflict where he illegally keeps Russian troops entrenched in defensive positions in Donbass and subject to constant attack.
    then why would Putin take a cease fire? Zelensky is making noises because he sees the east slipping away.
    Putin doesnt need recognition,he wants territory to buffer against the west

11. #113 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Walt View Post
    Just a bit of reality: Putin is being offered every possible offramp. He could take his winning and end all this. But that would require him to accept Ukraine will survive, and releasing his troops. When he releases his troops to go home, they will say what a failure this war has been. So Putin will keep fighting, and Ukraine will keep fighting. Such is life.
    Putin hasnt been offered anything. Next is longer range rockets to hit Russia proper ( see previous page) -
    Thats a Russian "redline" -hitting Russia proper
    Putin has every incentive to take as much as he can get

12. #114 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

then why would Putin take a cease fire? Zelensky is making noises because he sees the east slipping away.
    Putin doesnt need recognition,he wants territory to buffer against the west
    It's hard to believe you ever thought Ukraine was just going to submit and legally recognize captured territory as sovereign Russian soil.

If our country is ever invaded by a powerful alliance of authoritarian states, I fully expect you and your MAGA buddies to be the first to unfurl the white flag and give up our territory

The off ramp for Putin is to either withdraw and participate in a negotiated settlement, or brace himself for a permanent frozen conflict that will keep Russia locked in as a as a permanent pariah state and bleed their military and economy for decades to come

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Cypress For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (05-28-2022)

14. #115 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

It's hard to believe you ever thought Ukraine was just going to submit and legally recognize captured territory as sovereign Russian soil.

If our country is ever invaded by a powerful alliance of authoritarian states, I fully expect you and your MAGA buddies to be the first to unfurl the white flag and give up our territory

The off ramp for Putin is to either withdraw and participate in a negotiated settlement, or brace himself for a permanent frozen conflict that will keep Russia locked in as a as a permanent pariah state and bleed their military and economy for decades to come
    nothing to do with 'MAG" it's all about war.
    a "frozen conflict" is acceptable to putin as he's already sanctioned up the yin yang

He doesnt need a functional Donbas. he needs territory between him and NATO/Ukraine
    ( no difference at this point)
    Zelensky says "we need to talk" - then escalates the war with missiles that can reach deeper into Russia
    with the boob Biden being his weapons lackey

If Ukraine wants Russia to stop - even long range missiles - it has to give Putin a buffer
    whether Donbas is livable or not is secondary. . For Putin this is all about carving a buffer to the west

15. #116 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Putin can continue to attack the south at his leisure as well. Ukraine needs to get ports open

16. #117 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

nothing to do with 'MAG" it's all about war.
    a "frozen conflict" is acceptable to putin as he's already sanctioned up the yin yang
    He doesnt need a functional Donbas. he needs territory between him and NATO/Ukraine
    ( no difference at this point)
    Zelensky says "we need to talk" - then ecalates the war with missles that can reach deeper into Russia with the boob Biden being his weapons lackey

If Ukraine wants Russia to stop - even long range missiles - it has to give Putin a buffer
    whether Donbas is livable or not is secondary. . For Putin this is all about carving a buffer to the west
    So you openly admit Putin never gave a rat's ass about the welfare of the Russian-speaking citizens of Donbass and just wanted their territory for his own militaristic and imperialistic agenda.

No wonder nobody trusts Putin's word anymore. Even you are openly indicating he is a duplicitous liar.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Cypress For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (05-28-2022)

18. #118 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

So you openly admit Putin never gave a rat's ass about the welfare of the Russian-speaking citizens of Donbass and just wanted their territory for his own militaristic and imperialistic agenda.

No wonder nobody trusts Putin's word anymore. Even you are openly indicating he is a duplicitous liar.
    Putins ultimate need is as strategic buffer from NATO-especially now that Ukraine has advanced NATO weapons
    He wants "deNazification" -some of that is true, some just rhetoric
    He would like a land corridor to Crimea as well,and has that

Ukraine want to to rebuild, but escalates the war.. i dont see anything close to a cease fire yet

19. #119 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

“If the occupiers think that Lyman or Sievierodonetsk will be theirs, they are wrong.
    Donbas will be Ukrainian.”
    -Zelensky

20. #120 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,426 Times in 5,873 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 6,518 Times in 6,259 Posts
    Blog Entries

No, comrade. The loyal Russian-speaking Ukrainians will be rewarded. A rebuilt Mariupol will rise from the rubble, a glittering new ecologically-sound capital city for the reborn region of Russian Ukrainia. Rejoice, comrade, for the advent of a Nazi-free modern Putopia .
    " First they came for the journalists...
    We don't know what happened after that . "

Maria Ressa.

21. The Following User Groans At moon For This Awful Post:

cancel2 2022 (05-30-2022)