Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: A modest proposal for Left wingers.....

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,454 Times in 9,909 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 867 Times in 825 Posts

Default A modest proposal for Left wingers.....

Sooooooo,.....would you not all agree that in any bad situation it is normal and correct to fix the worst of it FIRST,....then proceed on to the rest? I mean,....if you have a leaky boat surely you would patch the hole where most of the water is coming in first and then proceed on to the tiny pinhole right? Yes,....of course I am right.

Sooooooooooo,...here is where I am going with this. Lets pretend that some day you do in fact get your long sought after wish of taking our guns away,....going door to door,.....taking them as you go. Wouldnt it make MUCH MORE sense to grab up all the guns from the absolute worst crime areas in the nation first and then work your way backward. This way we save more lives,...MANY MORE LIVES.

Wouldnt be hard to figure out where to go either. Simply pull up the FBI's stats on Gun violence and where it is happening most and have at it. Remember,....the goal is to save as many lives as possible. In this way my idea is really the ONLY way to achieve that.

Agreed?

You will be starting in the Cabrini-Green area of Chicago. Should be an interesting time for you with excitement a plenty. If my math skills are correct I would think you would be getting around to my area,...ohhhhhhhhhhh,.....sometime in around 2078, 2079 or so.

Remember,....the goal is to SAVE LIVES. Logic would dictate that you would want to go the the areas losing the most life first. Any other way would not be logical and if it is not logical you dont have a chance in hell of passing legislation. Good luck........
    Last edited by Stone; 05-27-2022 at 06:19 AM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Stone For This Post:

PostmodernProphet (05-27-2022)

3. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Yes I know. Logical, simplistic, yet brilliant. It really is the only answer. IF your concern truly is to save lives.

4. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,617 Times in 2,816 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,328 Times in 1,225 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Stone View Post
    Simply pull up the FBI's stats on Gun violence and where it is happening most and have at it.
    disinformation.............we all know that the FBI has been lying to us for years
    A sad commentary on we, as a people, and our viewpoint of our freedom can be summed up like this. We have liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans, yet those very people look at Constitutionalists as radical and extreme.................so those liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans must believe that the constitution is radical and extreme.

5. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by SmarterthanYou View Post
    disinformation.............we all know that the FBI has been lying to us for years
    Thats fine. Then use another source. The point is........you go to where the most gun violence is happening FIRST,...then work backward. Saves the most life that way. Something tells me D's never considered this.

6. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,785 Times in 32,151 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,865 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

Sooooooo,.....would you not all agree that in any bad situation it is normal and correct to fix the worst of it FIRST,....then proceed on to the rest? I mean,....if you have a leaky boat surely you would patch the hole where most of the water is coming in first and then proceed on to the tiny pinhole right? Yes,....of course I am right.

Sooooooooooo,...here is where I am going with this. Lets pretend that some day you do in fact get your long sought after wish of taking our guns away,....going door to door,.....taking them as you go. Wouldnt it make MUCH MORE sense to grab up all the guns from the absolute worst crime areas in the nation first and then work your way backward. This way we save more lives,...MANY MORE LIVES.

Wouldnt be hard to figure out where to go either. Simply pull up the FBI's stats on Gun violence and where it is happening most and have at it. Remember,....the goal is to save as many lives as possible. In this way my idea is really the ONLY way to achieve that.

Agreed?

You will be starting in the Cabrini-Green area of Chicago. Should be an interesting time for you with excitement a plenty. If my math skills are correct I would think you would be getting around to my area,...ohhhhhhhhhhh,.....sometime in around 2078, 2079 or so.

Remember,....the goal is to SAVE LIVES. Logic would dictate that you would want to go the the areas losing the most life first. Any other way would not be logical and if it is not logical you dont have a chance in hell of passing legislation. Good luck........
    Chicago WOULD be an interesting place for them to test their theories.....
    Isaiah 6:5
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

7. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by PostmodernProphet View Post
    Chicago WOULD be an interesting place for them to test their theories.....
    Well,...THEY DO SAY its all about saving life. Wouldnt it then make perfect sense to begin in all the areas with the biggest loss of life from gun violence and work backward? Yep....sure does.

8. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

You know the old saying about how we need to STOP THE BLEEDING? Well,...if the left is serious SURELY they would want to stop as much bleeding as possible where people are bleeding the most. If I step on a broken bottle and slash my foot open I can absolutely tell you that I am going to treat that foot FIRST well before I even think about the pimple on my ass. This is just common sense folks. Simple common sense. Its all about saving life.

9. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,761 Times in 17,091 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,342 Times in 2,261 Posts
    Blog Entries

Your premise is wrong.

10. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 54,763 Times in 33,629 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,065 Times in 4,683 Posts
    Blog Entries

Agreed?

I have no interest in taking guns away from people as is the case with the majority of people, so your premise is wrong from the start, so I didn’t read the rest.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Phantasmal For This Post:

AProudLefty (05-27-2022)

12. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Phantasmal View Post
    I have no interest in taking guns away from people as is the case with the majority of people, so your premise is wrong from the start, so I didn’t read the rest.
    WHY? You do know most shootings are committed with pistols correct? Do you think it is somehow more acceptable to die being shot by a pistol then by an AR-15?. That would be pretty silly. I thought the goal was all about SAVING LIVES here. Maybe its not I guess.

13. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Right now TODAY I can go to a gun show that is happening only 20 minutes from my house and buy just about any gun I want right off of someones shoulder. No background check,...no nothing. You guys have no idea what you are talking about. For every action there is a reaction. Most of your silly actions have produced MORE guns,....not less.

14. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,761 Times in 17,091 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,342 Times in 2,261 Posts
    Blog Entries

WHY? You do know most shooting are committed with pistols correct? Do you think it is somehow more acceptable to die being shot by a pistol then by an AR-15?. That would be pretty silly. I thought the goal was all about SAVING LIVES here. Maybe its not I guess.
    Sorry but your false premise is denied. Next!

15. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Phantasmal View Post
    so I didn’t read the rest.

Yeah.......surrrrrrrrrrrrrrre you didnt. How silly.

16. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by AProudLefty View Post
    Sorry but your false premise is denied. Next!
    I'd RUN TOO if I were you. And thus the reason the gun problem never gets dealt with. No honesty or seriousness from youre side. Thanks for playing.

17. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 54,763 Times in 33,629 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,065 Times in 4,683 Posts
    Blog Entries

WHY? You do know most shootings are committed with pistols correct? Do you think it is somehow more acceptable to die being shot by a pistol then by an AR-15?. That would be pretty silly. I thought the goal was all about SAVING LIVES here. Maybe its not I guess.
    Hyperbole

Background checks

Red Flag laws

Legal Age 21

Training and licensing

Restricted internet sales

Restricted Ammo sales on internet

Waiting period after gun purchase

I’d like our gun laws to be like Japans, you have to apply for a gun and detail why you need said gun, especially for semi automatic sales.