Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 101617181920

Thread: I dont understand why so many do not want to address the real problem?

1. #286 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,474 Times in 3,395 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,143 Times in 1,048 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Stone View Post
    Why dont people want to address the root problem which is WHAT drives a person like Ramos to pick up a weapon and kill children ? What caused a Black Supremacist domestic terrorist like Darrel E Brooks to run down all those people, children included , at the Christmas massacre in Waukesha? Dylan Roof shooting all those people IN CHURCH? On and on and on. Would stricter gun laws help? Maybe,...but I doubt it. They would simply use a knife, a car, a bomb like the Jihadists in Boston did, ect ect ect. The actual root cause is what needs to be addressed.
    It’s the scapegoat problem. In any society even remotely as large as ours there will be disturbed people who, given easy access to weapons, will act out their misery with them. We’ve had repeated incidents of exactly this. People across the world ask what is wrong with America?

Easy access to guns.
    "Give pearls away and rubies but keep your fancy free."

2. The Following User Says Thank You to martin For This Post:

LurchAddams (05-27-2022)

3. #287 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 10 Times in 10 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Stone View Post
    Why dont people want to address the root problem which is WHAT drives a person like Ramos to pick up a weapon and kill children ? What caused a Black Supremacist domestic terrorist like Darrel E Brooks to run down all those people, children included , at the Christmas massacre in Waukesha? Dylan Roof shooting all those people IN CHURCH? On and on and on. Would stricter gun laws help? Maybe,...but I doubt it. They would simply use a knife, a car, a bomb like the Jihadists in Boston did, ect ect ect. The actual root cause is what needs to be addressed.
    Why don't you explain the specific root instead of asking for a consensus of what else it could be where nobody can define kinetic absolutes in social narratives dividing up people to perform as typecast characters on a world stage?
    Every brain born has a lifetime conflict with ancestral displacement and intellectual social position within the population present. Why, life is a compounding connection between inception, conception, death, extinction life doesn't exceed what exists now.

4. #288 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,610 Times in 10,571 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 578 Times in 535 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Coolred44 View Post
    NEW: Uvalde doubled its spending on school security since 2017.

It hardened the school — hiring its own police force, installing fences. It created a threat reporting system & brought in social workers.

It happened anyway.
    LOL. Hardened? We know now the kid walked in an unlocked door after shooting at witnesses at the funeral home for 12 minutes (12 minutes of shooting outside the school and nobody thought to shut and lock the doors), then was able to shoot folks in 4 different classrooms. What I described would have made this very difficult, as the metal doors would be locked, they would not open unless someone opens it for them using the buzzer, only one door is an entry... and the resource officer would also be there.

Seriously. An armed guard would really have helped here as well, but this jackwipe (nobody should name this idiot, it isn't against the rules but don't give this evil asshole any fame) would likely have been stopped by a simple locked door. Just locked doors would have likely kept this evil from happening.

We protect adults in the justice center better than we protect our children, we protect our money better than we protect our children, and children are still more valuable than both.
    Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but rather we have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.
    - -- Aristotle

Believe nothing on the faith of traditions, even though they have been held in honor for many generations and in diverse places. Do not believe a thing because many people speak of it. Do not believe on the faith of the sages of the past. Do not believe what you yourself have imagined, persuading yourself that a God inspires you. Believe nothing on the sole authority of your masters and priests. After examination, believe what you yourself have tested and found to be reasonable, and conform your conduct thereto.
    - -- The Buddha

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    - -- Aristotle

5. #289 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,679 Times in 16,485 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 585 Times in 561 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LurchAddams View Post
    Please. I'll just keep responding to you if you don't. Please put me on ignore and take the rest of your disgusting redneck scum with you.

And we ARE taking your guns, asshole. It's done.
    Yawn. Still have my guns. What is taking you so long?

6. #290 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,043 Times in 6,686 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 543 Times in 519 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sailor View Post
    Yawn. Still have my guns. What is taking you so long?
    Have you done your daily "blow your load" on your guns - you know - where you lock yourself in your mom's basement bathroom and jerk of on your guns? Dude, you're gonna gum up the works. Knock that shit off, perv.

7. #291 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,078 Times in 7,507 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,104 Times in 1,049 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Earl View Post
    Go to Venezuela if you want socialized medicine.

Carry food...and batteries.
    Socialized medicine is the standard for the entire civilized world. It's absence here is what precludes us from becoming civilized.
    The US is an embarrassment.
    Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel. Samuel Johnson, 1775
    Religion....is the opiate of the people. Karl Marx, 1848
    Freedom's just another word for nothin' left to lose. Kris Kristofferson, 1969

8. #292 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,242 Times in 10,706 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 579 Times in 563 Posts
    Blog Entries

There were police in the school. Your argument has failed. What's that like, by the way? I have no idea.
    Were there? As of this morning, we have not gotten any solid information.

9. The Following User Groans At Lionfish For This Awful Post:

LurchAddams (05-27-2022)

10. #293 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Lionfish View Post
    Were there? As of this morning, we have not gotten any solid information.
    Fuck off troll.

11. #294 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,977 Times in 32,292 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,869 Times in 2,756 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jarod View Post
    Bullshit, we do not have that. and that is not what "privacy" is, I can get all the medical records and information I need and I am just a PI attorney.
    don't lie, Jarot......demmycrats would go ballistic you could access this kids juvenile record.......or his mental health records......
    Isaiah 6:5
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

12. The Following User Groans At PostmodernProphet For This Awful Post:

LurchAddams (05-27-2022)

13. #295 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,242 Times in 10,706 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 579 Times in 563 Posts
    Blog Entries

Fuck off troll.
    In other words you know I am correct. Get back to us when you have facts.

14. #296 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by martin View Post
    It’s the scapegoat problem. In any society even remotely as large as ours there will be disturbed people who, given easy access to weapons, will act out their misery with them. We’ve had repeated incidents of exactly this. People across the world ask what is wrong with America?

Easy access to guns.
    Absolutely. The governor ran away from his press conference refusing to answer questions. He's done.

15. #297 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,977 Times in 32,292 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,869 Times in 2,756 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jarod View Post
    No, just stop selling them, its a start, these kids are not very sophisticated, if the are not newly in their homes, they might have a harder time getting em.
    oh for fucks sake......you people are all bellowing about how easy it is to steal guns.......don't tell me you plan on leaving 350 million of them lying around to be stolen........
    Isaiah 6:5
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

16. #298 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NiftyNiblick View Post
    Socialized medicine is the standard for the entire civilized world. It's absence here is what precludes us from becoming civilized.
    The US is an embarrassment.
    It's moot. The little bastard had no mental health history. Besides that Abbott defunded mental health in TX and they are now last. Abbott and most Republican politicians are such evil fucks.

17. #299 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Lionfish View Post
    In other words you know I am correct. Get back to us when you have facts.
    Bitch.