Page 19 of 28 FirstFirst ... 9151617181920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: Photo of TX government press conference today

1. #271 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,034 Times in 14,529 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,387 Times in 1,305 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LurchAddams View Post
    Cruz, Abbott, and Cornyn, with their cavalier attitude and still bragging about TX being a "2nd amendment sanctuary state" after little children were mascaraed by a military weapon. I seriously hope they're run out of TX on a rail. Those guys are done.

The reason Beto lost to a diaper stain like Cruz is because Beto was too, "anti-gun" for TX. After Tuesday, I think that the timing is good for an anti-gun governor in a Blue state. Now, they're going to try to do the same thing VA did and the Republican legislature will try to disempower Beto as much as possible before he's inaugurated.. but it's the first step.
    If you read the comments on this board from the 2nd amendment/FREEDOM group, Texas will not oust this moron from office.

They cannot even agree that a background check is a good first step. They see it as a slippery slope.

Texas has the society that it wants.

Remember...less abortions means more targets.

It's a perfect combination. Children do not have the same right to life once they are breathing air.
    Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Althea For This Post:

LurchAddams (05-27-2022)

3. #272 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Well, the reason I have more hope is because gun nut's favorite argument is, "good guy with a gun". Well, there were 19 "good guys with guns", standing outside that classroom, listening to kids and teachers being gunned down and screaming, and doing nothing. The mental health contingent you just brought up - moot here - the scum had no medical or mental health history, according to the reports, even if there were mandated background checks, the little bastard would have passed.

We need to get those military guns off the street. In order to do that we have to vote in Dems. And to your one point, every time the Republicans have tried to block Dems from voting in only strengthens their reserve. I think we got a good chance of turning TX blue. Hopefully before I move there.
    The NRA will pour 1/2 billion dollars into this election in Texas.

It will come down to abortion, and FREEDOM.

The Latino community in Texas is split right down the middle. They will vote for abortion denial before they vote for background checks.
    Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Althea For This Post:

LurchAddams (05-27-2022)

5. #273 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,042 Times in 6,686 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 543 Times in 519 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Althea View Post
    If you read the comments on this board from the 2nd amendment/FREEDOM group, Texas will not oust this moron from office.

They cannot even agree that a background check is a good first step. They see it as a slippery slope.

Texas has the society that it wants.

Remember...less abortions means more targets.

It's a perfect combination. Children do not have the same right to life once they are breathing air.
    I made this comment in another thread: I wonder how many of those 19 cops standing outside the room while the kids were living the last moments in terror were, "pro-life"?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to LurchAddams For This Post:

Althea (05-27-2022)

7. #274 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,108 Times in 13,083 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello Lurch,

I spoke with a local guy I used to do business there with this morning in San Antonio - also I heard the same thing from a reporter - no one was really surprised the 19 cops pussed out. The community is mostly Latino, and the cops - at least the ones in charge were white. This is going to be a shit-show, like Kenosha.
    That sounds pretty bad.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

LurchAddams (05-27-2022)

9. #275 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I made this comment in another thread: I wonder how many of those 19 cops standing outside the room while the kids were living the last moments in terror were, "pro-life"?
    When asked, evidently one said 'I didn't want to get shot'.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Althea For This Post:

LurchAddams (05-27-2022)

11. #276 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

The NRA will pour 1/2 billion dollars into this election in Texas.

It will come down to abortion, and FREEDOM.

The Latino community in Texas is split right down the middle. They will vote for abortion denial before they vote for background checks.
    Well, no matter now much the NRA pours in - people from all over the country are going to be pouring in money for the Dems - that's how we took the Senate in GA.

We have the NRA outgunned! <---- did you see what I did there?

12. The Following User Says Thank You to LurchAddams For This Post:

Althea (05-27-2022)

13. #277 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Althea,

Meh. This will be ignored in two months
    I know, but I wanna cling to the 'maybe this time is different' fantasy.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

Althea (05-27-2022)

15. #278 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Hello Althea,

I know, but I wanna cling to the 'maybe this time is different' fantasy.
    Sadly, the 'good news' is that there will be at least two more similar events by November.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Althea For This Post:

PoliTalker (05-27-2022)

17. #279 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

When asked, evidently one said 'I didn't want to get shot'.
    Yeah, I heard the same thing. I wonder how we'd have done in WWII if our soldiers all felt that way?

18. The Following User Says Thank You to LurchAddams For This Post:

Althea (05-27-2022)

19. #280 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Althea,

Sadly, the 'good news' is that there will be at least two more similar events by November.
    Well we certainly hope not, but if one were to happen about 2-3 weeks before election day that would be the only way voters might be affected. Otherwise, it's forgotten, not an issue.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

LurchAddams (05-28-2022)

21. #281 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Hello Althea,

Well we certainly hope not, but if one were to happen about 2-3 weeks before election day that would be the only way voters might be affected. Otherwise, it's forgotten, not an issue.
    Agree. The youth vote will be important, and they will be more interested in something else by then.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Althea For This Post:

PoliTalker (05-28-2022)

23. #282 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,617 Times in 2,816 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,328 Times in 1,225 Posts

No. Only one party attacked this democracy on 1/6 and it wasn't the Democrats. And before you do the typical trump pivot to Chicago and BLM,

Fuck off!
    let me know when your partisan tunnel vision bullshit takes a break...........then you can go back to the year 2004................until then, just fucking ignore me
    A sad commentary on we, as a people, and our viewpoint of our freedom can be summed up like this. We have liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans, yet those very people look at Constitutionalists as radical and extreme.................so those liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans must believe that the constitution is radical and extreme.

24. #283 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SmarterthanYou View Post
    let me know when your partisan tunnel vision bullshit takes a break...........then you can go back to the year 2004................until then, just fucking ignore me
    I'm so sorry.. did you not hear the "fuck off'?

Fuck off!

25. #284 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

LOL your sexual fantasies are amazing. The only people who blow things up in this country are your fellow white supremacists. Timmy McVeighs waitin' on you in hell bud. Don't keep him waiting too long.
    this is what you look like to the rest of the board. congratulations on joining evince as the two dumbest fucking racists on the board
    A sad commentary on we, as a people, and our viewpoint of our freedom can be summed up like this. We have liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans, yet those very people look at Constitutionalists as radical and extreme.................so those liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans must believe that the constitution is radical and extreme.

26. #285 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Geeko Sportivo View Post
    Hey Genius, BETO DIDN'T SAY ONE FUCKING THING ABOUT HIS CAMPAIGN!

And Beto does care about kids and families and had the Balls and LEADERSHIP to stand up and PROVE IT!

And no one cares whether you realize it or not!
    you're really kind of stupid, aren't you?