Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: State Farm just folded:

1. #91 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 2 Times in 2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ThatOwlWoman View Post
    It figures you haters would rejoice about this. Sad. John 11:35.
    Why do you want to provide explicit sexual content to children? Why do you want to discuss sexual content with prepubescent children who aren't yours to begin with?

2. #92 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 41,002 Times in 32,307 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,870 Times in 2,757 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Apisa View Post
    It say a shit-load more than that, Earl. Here is the full quote:

"If a man lies with a male as with a woman, both of them shall be
    put to death for their abominable deed; they have forfeited their
    lives."

Leviticus 20:13

That "law" from the same god who just a few verses later said:

"Slaves, male and female, you may indeed possess, provided you BUY them from among the neighboring nations. You may also BUY them from among the aliens who reside with you and from their children who are born and reared in your land. Such slaves YOU MAY OWN AS CHATTELS, and leave to your sons as their hereditary property, MAKING THEM PERPETUAL SLAVES. But you shall not lord it harshly over any of the Israelites, your kinsmen."

Leviticus 25:44ff

So the god is saying that if you are male and suck another male's cock...you should be put to death...but if you want to buy, sell, or trade in slaves...no problemo!

And you buy into that.
    all you need to keep in mind today is that he does not approve of it........he'll take care of the consequences......
    Isaiah 6:5
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

3. The Following User Says Thank You to PostmodernProphet For This Post:

Earl (05-24-2022)

4. #93 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 41,002 Times in 32,307 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,870 Times in 2,757 Posts
    Blog Entries

Depends how old they are and what the books are like. Fifth grade and up, that's fine.
    why do you want to pervert fifth graders.......
    Isaiah 6:5
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

5. The Following User Says Thank You to PostmodernProphet For This Post:

Earl (05-25-2022)

6. #94 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,621 Times in 10,578 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 578 Times in 535 Posts
    Blog Entries

I do not agree with the government telling schools that they cannot speak of certain topics.

Fifth-graders are approaching puberty and with that, increasing interest in sexuality. I'm in favor of giving them correct information geared to their age group and ability to understand.
    lol. Which is literally what the law says. I hear you, and I agree.
    Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but rather we have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.
    - -- Aristotle

Believe nothing on the faith of traditions, even though they have been held in honor for many generations and in diverse places. Do not believe a thing because many people speak of it. Do not believe on the faith of the sages of the past. Do not believe what you yourself have imagined, persuading yourself that a God inspires you. Believe nothing on the sole authority of your masters and priests. After examination, believe what you yourself have tested and found to be reasonable, and conform your conduct thereto.
    - -- The Buddha

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    - -- Aristotle

7. #95 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,509 Times in 7,590 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 274 Times in 257 Posts
    Blog Entries

Many non-binary ppl have stated over the years that by that age they've become aware that they are "different" than other kids. That's not to say that they need to be told about the variations of human sexuality. I think it is a good thing for both parents and teachers to be aware of this, and to treat such kids gently -- and most of all -- prevent bullying if that's going on.
    Bullying is part of growing up. Bullying experiences acts as fuel for success. How many stories of accomplished people in all walks of life have started by being subjected to bullying? Many comedians will tell you that one of the reasons they learned to make people laugh was because they didn’t want to get picked on. Many authors have taken the pain they felt from bullying and put that into creating great works of literature. The field of acting is filled with people who are constantly seeking validation from other people, especially from “the cool kids” who excluded them when they were younger.

Look into the biographies of some of the wealthiest and most successful professional athletes (especially professional fighters). You’ll see that part of the reason they started their sport was because they were bullied.

Former two-division UFC champion Georges St-Pierre has openly shared that being bullied at school is what started him in martial arts.
    Bullying can teach kids conflict resolution skills
    With zero-tolerance bullying policies, kids are told to immediately report any bullying to teachers and their parents. On the surface, this sounds good. Eventually, if things get bad, you will want an adult to intervene and stop the bullying behaviour.

Here’s my problem with it. If kids who are getting bullied decide to immediately go to an adult as directed, they won’t necessarily learn how to resolve the conflict with bullies on their own. Instead, they will learn that the first thing they need to do when there’s a conflict is to look for an authority figure to defend them.

So what happens when these kids grow up to be adults? What if they have an “intimidating” neighbour who’s playing music too loudly at night? Will they be more likely to call the landlord or the cops immediately to complain? Or will they talk to the neighbour first and nicely ask to turn the music down?

What if it’s just a co-worker being a bit rude or inappropriate in the office? An adult who as a kid learned to go to an authority figure will immediately go to their boss or to HR instead of figuring out a way to confront the office bully in a way that will help make the bullying stop while trying to keep the working relationship healthy.

Bullying can help kids learn social skills
    One factor (though not the only one) that causes kids to get bullied seems to be the fact that they’re not as socially adept as their peers. I’d hate to sound like a “victim-blamer”, but most of the time, the kids that get bullied are the ones who haven’t yet developed the social skills needed to make friends, making them easy targets for bullies.

This is where parental preparation can be helpful. Teaching kids to be friendly, interested, curious and unafraid of rejection will help them talk to other kids. That will help them start conversations, find common ground and make friends more easily. Building social skills early will prevent a kid from getting bullied.

On a large scale, a lot of the school programs have learned this is the case and have been slowly implementing social skill building workshops for kids. The great thing about this is that it won’t just prevent bullying but will also develop adults with better social skills in the future.

Final Thoughts
    Now, I’m not an advocate of bullying. It’s a terrible experience that I wouldn’t like any kid to feel. In fact, the online bullying of today makes it so much more of a difficult experience because it’s no longer confined to a specific time and place. It can now happen to anyone 24x7 with technology and social media. In many cases, extreme bullying has sadly led to suicides. In that sense bullying is toxic.

However, like with any poison, it’s all in the dosage. Bullying can provide the benefits mentioned above, but it has to be the right amount and the right intensity. My thought is that it should be like weight training. If you start with bullying that’s too much for the kid to handle, they will simply be crushed by the psychological and physical trauma. This is where online bullying can be a problem because the bullying doesn’t end when the kid leaves the school.

With just the right amount, paired with proper parental preparation and management of expectations, bullying can help a kid strengthen their minds, learn to deal with conflicts, with people in general, and maybe even motivate them to succeed in the future. The difficult part is finding the right balance that will build someone up instead of destroying them.
    Bullying can teach kids conflict resolution skills.
    If kids who are getting bullied decide to immediately go to an adult as directed, they won’t necessarily learn how to resolve the conflict with bullies on their own. Instead, they will learn that the first thing they need to do when there’s a conflict is to look for an authority figure to defend them.
    Bullying can help kids learn social skills
    One factor (though not the only one) that causes kids to get bullied seems to be the fact that they’re not as socially adept as their peers. I’d hate to sound like a “victim-blamer”, but most of the time, the kids that get bullied are the ones who haven’t yet developed the social skills needed to make friends, making them easy targets for bullies.
    With just the right amount, paired with proper parental preparation and management of expectations, bullying can help a kid strengthen their minds, learn to deal with conflicts, with people in general, and maybe even motivate them to succeed in the future.
    https://baacoa.medium.com/the-potent...d-1279a158cf1c

8. The Following User Says Thank You to anonymoose For This Post:

Earl (05-25-2022)

9. #96 | Top
    Living in rural America, "clinging to guns and religion"
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,624 Times in 17,062 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 522 Times in 502 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Damocles View Post
    M'eh, that's the year we had Sex Education in school. Seems like the right time for that stuff.
    You must be younger than me. It was called health class in high school for us. Not a word about sex before that in school.
    Common sense is not a gift, it's a punishment because you have to deal with everyone who doesn't have it.

10. #97 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,014 Times in 8,040 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,672 Times in 1,550 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Earl View Post
    LGBTQXYZ themed books do not belong in kindergarten classes.

Or any other classrooms.
    As big of a shithead as you are, I do agree with you on that.
    https://i.postimg.cc/PqVCnGks/gojoe1.jpg
    C'MON MAN!!!!

11. #98 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,248 Times in 2,338 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 162 Times in 151 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Phantasmal View Post
    I’m sure he knew his FALSE followers “sucked”, but the real reason was because he was saddened at all the human misery around him, and that people were so openly embracing sin, which in turn caused the misery.

And that baptist thing is a perfect example of sin causing misery, and 1 reason I don’t like organized religion.
    “The Communist party must control the guns.”
    ― Mao Tse-tung

“Those who vote decide nothing. Those who count the vote decide everything.”-Generally attributed to Uncle Joe Stalin

“Everything under heaven is in utter choas; the situation is excellent.”
    ― mao tse-tung

12. #99 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,342 Times in 9,844 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 513 Times in 486 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Apisa View Post
    You assholes are not a majority...and never will be. And you are far from "silent." You assholes shout out your ignorance and hatred about as loudly as possible.
    easy there, franklin.

what seems to be the problem?
    morality is a set of beliefs, attitudes, and behaviors that facilitate voluntary, cooperative and mutually beneficial relationships.

Trump Wins,
    by definition
    https://www.vocabulary.com/dictionary/trump

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Blackwater Lunchbreak For This Post:

cancel2 2022 (05-25-2022), Earl (05-25-2022)

14. #100 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Life is Golden View Post
    I see it more and more everyday. They forced their woke bullshit on people when they were vulnerable and caged like animals, during the pandemic. Now that things are getting back to normal, people are finally saying "fuck that."
    they turned on mama bear. getting the fbi on parents?

big mistake.

this is their own rule, btw.
    morality is a set of beliefs, attitudes, and behaviors that facilitate voluntary, cooperative and mutually beneficial relationships.

Trump Wins,
    by definition

15. #101 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 55,260 Times in 33,910 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,089 Times in 4,704 Posts
    Blog Entries

I see it more and more everyday. They forced their woke bullshit on people when they were vulnerable and caged like animals, during the pandemic. Now that things are getting back to normal, people are finally saying "fuck that."
    How were you forced? I’ve always been able to pick what I view on Netflix. I don’t see how they force you to watch something that doesn’t appeal to you? Just find another series or movie, scroll by the rest.

16. #102 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RB 60 View Post
    Yes, children of that age have some notion of their gender. Boys are boys and girls are girls. It's that simple a 5 year old can tell the difference.
    eli5....

it's a genre.

Trump Wins,
    by definition

17. #103 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,051 Times in 6,694 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 543 Times in 519 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Earl View Post
    LGBTQXYZ themed books do not belong in kindergarten classes.

Or any other classrooms.
    It's not that we want to just educate your children so they'll be ok with anyone's personal preference - it's that we won't rest until we indoctrinate YOU and make YOU transition to the opposite sex. It's for your own good!

LOL you homophobic fuck.

18. The Following User Groans At LurchAddams For This Awful Post:

cancel2 2022 (05-25-2022)

19. #104 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,959 Times in 6,246 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 483 Times in 453 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Phantasmal View Post
    How were you forced? I’ve always been able to pick what I view on Netflix. I don’t see how they force you to watch something that doesn’t appeal to you? Just find another series or movie, scroll by the rest.
    More companies besides Netflix have bowed down to the Woke mob during the pandemic.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Life is Golden For This Post:

Earl (05-25-2022)

21. #105 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 55,260 Times in 33,910 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,089 Times in 4,704 Posts
    Blog Entries

More companies besides Netflix have bowed down to the Woke mob during the pandemic.
    I think it was trending that way, anyway. I remember when they started featuring black couples and mix race couples into movies, TV shows and commercials, people were upset about that as well, but it’s not even thought about, anymore.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Phantasmal For This Post:

Life is Golden (05-24-2022)