Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: State Farm just folded:

1. #31 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 62 Times in 55 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Earl View Post
    LGBTQXYZ themed books do not belong in kindergarten classes.

Or any other classrooms.
    Why not?

2. #32 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,756 Times in 16,563 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,622 Times in 1,532 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mina View Post
    Why not?
    OMG
    what notion of sexuality- much less trans or gender ID- do 5 year olds have? NONE
    They might understand the birds and the bees - not human sexual identities

why cant the LW loons leave kids alone?

3. The Following User Says Thank You to dukkha For This Post:

Earl (05-24-2022)

4. #33 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 54,771 Times in 33,632 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,065 Times in 4,683 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Life is Golden View Post
    They should.
    Bowing down to the woke mob doesn't pay dividends. Go woke, go broke. Just ask Netflix.
    Roku, Disney, Paramont, Warner Brothers and Discovery also lost viewers, it seems more to do with summer and economies opening up, again. People aren’t staying home and watching TV.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Phantasmal For This Post:

AProudLefty (05-24-2022)

6. #34 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 6 Times in 4 Posts

Please do not read the other posts that I have seen so far about this story. These were not LGBTQ-themed books. They were books that included characters that represented the reality that exists in our children's world today. To include a book in a library is not forcing information on anybody, and they were not textbooks to be included in the curriculum.

7. The Following 2 Users Groan At Henry For This Awful Post:

Earl (05-24-2022), Rune (05-25-2022)

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Henry For This Post:

AProudLefty (05-24-2022), Guno צְבִי (05-28-2022), Phantasmal (05-24-2022)

9. #35 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,422 Times in 16,410 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,433 Times in 1,355 Posts
    Blog Entries

"In the book Non-Binary, one of the three-book bundle offered in the GenderCool Collection, a character named Gia is introduced to young readers as a transgender girl who uses she/her pronouns. “When you’re born, a doctor looks at you and says, ‘It’s a boy!’ or ‘It’s a girl!’ based on your body. But gender isn’t that simple. You see, when I was born, the doctor said, ‘It’s a boy!’ But . . . this wasn’t true,” Gia narrates."
    Caroline Downey
    May 23, 2022, 10:25 PM·2 min read

State Farm, the household-name insurance company, has abandoned its program to distribute LGBTQ-themed books to teachers, community centers, and libraries, explicitly targeting children as young as kindergartners, after a media exposé based on a whistleblower email caught the company by surprise on Monday.

In an email to all State Farm agents and staff members sent just hours after multiple news outlets revealed the book initiative, Victor Terry, chief diversity officer and vice president of public affairs, announced the cancellation of its collaboration with GenderCool, an organization that promotes LGBTQ teaching via speaking events, mentorship programs, DEI/HR consulting, and advising for parents of transgender children.

“State Farm’s support of a philanthropic program, GenderCool, has been the subject of news and customer inquiries. This program that included books about gender identity was intended to promote inclusivity,” the email, obtained by Libs of TikTok, read. “We will no longer support that program.

“Conversations about gender and identity should happen at home with parents. We don’t support required curriculum in schools on this topic. We support organizations providing resources for parents to have these conversations,” Terry wrote."
    https://news.yahoo.com/state-farm-ab...022539546.html
    Last edited by TOP; 05-24-2022 at 11:46 AM.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TOP For This Post:

Earl (05-24-2022), Life is Golden (05-24-2022), RB 60 (05-24-2022)

11. #36 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 62 Times in 55 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dukkha View Post
    OMG
    what notion of sexuality- much less trans or gender ID- do 5 year olds have? NONE
    They might understand the birds and the bees - not human sexual identities

why cant the LW loons leave kids alone?
    I think 5-year-olds have some notion of gender. By that age, kids think of themselves as boys or girls and are starting to get a sense for what social expectations are for each, and to sort into same-sex play groups in Kindergarten, etc. But I was responding more to the "or any other classrooms" part.

It seems to me that keeping anything with LGBTQ themes out of all classrooms would result in some real blind spots in people's educations. Heck, even a fair amount of Shakespeare would be off limits if we ruled out LGBTQ themes. He's got a bunch of love sonnets written to a man, and at at least seven plays with cross-dressing. Classical lit also has plenty of cross-dressing and homosexuality. Achilles, in addition to being the greatest warrior of his age, was also a cross-dresser in love with Patroclus.

12. The Following User Groans At Mina For This Awful Post:

Earl (05-24-2022)

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Mina For This Post:

AProudLefty (05-24-2022)

14. #37 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,568 Times in 17,849 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,238 Times in 3,042 Posts
    Blog Entries

The Bible speaks to perversion.

Teaching perversion to five and six year olds is an abomination.

Ask the parents in Virginia.

15. #38 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TOP View Post
    "In the book Non-Binary, one of the three-book bundle offered in the GenderCool Collection, a character named Gia is introduced to young readers as a transgender girl who uses she/her pronouns. “When you’re born, a doctor looks at you and says, ‘It’s a boy!’ or ‘It’s a girl!’ based on your body. But gender isn’t that simple. You see, when I was born, the doctor said, ‘It’s a boy!’ But . . . this wasn’t true,” Gia narrates."
    Caroline Downey
    May 23, 2022, 10:25 PM·2 min read

State Farm, the household-name insurance company, has abandoned its program to distribute LGBTQ-themed books to teachers, community centers, and libraries, explicitly targeting children as young as kindergartners, after a media exposé based on a whistleblower email caught the company by surprise on Monday.

In an email to all State Farm agents and staff members sent just hours after multiple news outlets revealed the book initiative, Victor Terry, chief diversity officer and vice president of public affairs, announced the cancellation of its collaboration with GenderCool, an organization that promotes LGBTQ teaching via speaking events, mentorship programs, DEI/HR consulting, and advising for parents of transgender children.

“State Farm’s support of a philanthropic program, GenderCool, has been the subject of news and customer inquiries. This program that included books about gender identity was intended to promote inclusivity,” the email, obtained by Libs of TikTok, read. “We will no longer support that program.

“Conversations about gender and identity should happen at home with parents. We don’t support required curriculum in schools on this topic. We support organizations providing resources for parents to have these conversations,” Terry wrote."
    Indeed, thanks, TOP.

State Farm folded. They should never have been funding sexual perversion to five and six year olds.

Keep your filthy hands off the children or you will be Virginia-ed.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Earl For This Post:

Life is Golden (05-24-2022)

17. #39 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,240 Times in 2,333 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 161 Times in 150 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Earl View Post
    State Farm just folded:

State Farm Rescinds ‘Support’ For Program to Distribute LGBTQ Books to Kindergartners After Backlash

State Farm Abandons LGBTQ Children's-Book Program after ...
    https://www.yahoo.com › now › state-farm-abandons-l...
    12 hours ago — State Farm, the household-name insurance company, has abandoned its program to distribute LGBTQ-themed books to teachers, community centers, ...
    Wow! I knew nothing about this! I have been with State Farm for almost 50 years. My dad always said they were the most efficient and they only took the best drivers (my record is perfect, 1 car accident and 1 motorcycle accident, neither one my fault). The premiums ARE a few dollars more, but not enough difference to switch all the time like I see many people do. If I knew they were pulling that kind of crap, I would have switched to Geico on the spot. These companies MUST stop dragging children into these adult cesspools.
    “The Communist party must control the guns.”
    ― Mao Tse-tung

“Those who vote decide nothing. Those who count the vote decide everything.”-Generally attributed to Uncle Joe Stalin

“Everything under heaven is in utter choas; the situation is excellent.”
    ― mao tse-tung

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Callinectes For This Post:

Earl (05-24-2022)

19. #40 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Callinectes View Post
    Wow! I knew nothing about this! I have been with State Farm for almost 50 years. My dad always said they were the most efficient and they only took the best drivers (my record is perfect, 1 car accident and 1 motorcycle accident, neither one my fault). The premiums ARE a few dollars more, but not enough difference to switch all the time like I see many people do. If I knew they were pulling that kind of crap, I would have switched to Geico on the spot. These companies MUST stop dragging children into these adult cesspools.
    I canceled my State Farm home owner’s policy years ago.

If I had their policy today, I would cancel it.

They folded but should never have been funding perversion to 5 and 6 year olds or any age.

Keep these filthy hands off the children.

20. #41 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,419 Times in 7,538 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 270 Times in 253 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Life is Golden View Post
    It is incredibly SICK.
    I really believe the super WOKE such as MadWitch are mentally ill. Seriously. She usually responds to me fairly quickly when she feels like she might have a semblance of an argument. Perhaps in this case I may have cracked a slit of light into her brain. That is if she's not a sociopath or psychopath which are incurable.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to anonymoose For This Post:

Earl (05-24-2022)

22. #42 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,679 Times in 16,485 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 585 Times in 561 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ThatOwlWoman View Post
    It figures you haters would rejoice about this. Sad. John 11:35.
    What is truly sad about this is any business that is going political. Do whatever you do in business best and just keep politics out of it. Kind of simple.

23. #43 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by anonymoose View Post
    I really believe the super WOKE such as MadWitch are mentally ill. Seriously. She usually responds to me fairly quickly when she feels like she might have a semblance of an argument. Perhaps in this case I may have cracked a slit of light into her brain. That is if she's not a sociopath or psychopath which are incurable.
    She won't even admit that a baby dies during an abortion.

Brain dead and no moral compass. A psychopath with no thought of the baby that is killed.

24. #44 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 82,529 Times in 52,746 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,657 Times in 4,376 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by anonymoose View Post
    Would you really want your grandkids to be reading LGBTQ books rather than just "see John run" or Susie playing with pets?
    You can't just let kids be kids? Now it's WOKE indoctrination as early as possible? Really?
    I sure wouldn't want my grandkids reading Nazi, White Nationalist or even MAGA stuff or anything political that even sniffs of indoctrination. Not even normal sex much less LGBTQXYZ sex. THEY'RE KIDS FOR CHRISSAKES !
    Depends how old they are and what the books are like. Fifth grade and up, that's fine.

It's telling that you seem to be equating books featuring LGBTQ ppl with Nazi literature.
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals." -- Mark Twain

25. #45 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 82,529 Times in 52,746 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,657 Times in 4,376 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sailor View Post
    What is truly sad about this is any business that is going political. Do whatever you do in business best and just keep politics out of it. Kind of simple.
    I would agree if that was what State Farm was doing, but I'd bet you anything that it's not. BTW, it's the Reichwing that has turned it political, as they seem to do with everything from vaccines to NFL games these days. The OP posted an invalid, nonworking link so that we can't read the story.
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals." -- Mark Twain