Thread: Bill Maher strikes again!

1. #16 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,041 Times in 6,685 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 543 Times in 519 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Taichiliberal View Post
    Ever since the debut of "Politically Incorrect", comedian/actor/social commentator Bill Maher has pretty much garnered praise and condemnation for every side of the political/social/religious/economic fence in America. As such, there have been many times when I've strongly disagreed with him, but there have also been times when I've said, " Good on ya for publicly saying that, Bill!". This clip falls into the latter category:

Bill Maher’s Takedown of the LGBTQ Trend Among America’s Youth

https://www.wibc.com/kendall-and-cas...mericas-youth/
    Bill is still traumatized by his old show being cancelled. It was his own fault, but he'll never get over it. Fuck the poor narcissist.

2. #17 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,733 Times in 4,165 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,366 Times in 1,291 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LurchAddams View Post
    Bill is still traumatized by his old show being cancelled. It was his own fault, but he'll never get over it. Fuck the poor narcissist.
    Perhaps, but that doesn't make the contents of the OP any less true as I see it.
    During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.

George Orwell

3. #18 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Perhaps, but that doesn't make the contents of the OP any less true as I see it.
    It matters to me because Bill's attacking Democrats with his "woke" bullshit. He might be right. Some Democrats might be too, "woke", but they're the only party defending our democracy.

4. #19 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,234 Times in 10,704 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 579 Times in 563 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BidenPresident View Post
    wow, he is on tv so his opinions must be important
    Wow, you are on a public forum so your opinion must be important. Not.
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Dutch View Post
    Agreed. Shooting angry Trumpers should be a national pastime.
    Only conclusion. Going to a Christian school causes you to be a mass murderer.

5. #20 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Originally Posted by Taichiliberal View Post

It matters to me because Bill's attacking Democrats with his "woke" bullshit. He might be right. Some Democrats might be too, "woke", but they're the only party defending our democracy.
    See, there's the problem....the nano-second someone criticizes the other political party, they're demonized. Forget the content of the critique, whether it be accurate, true or not. Just go after them, and if you can't totally discredit the content, damn them with feint praise.

And I'm REALLY fucking tired of everyone using the "woke" excuse for their diatribes. I dismissed the origin as just another cutesy phrase used by some wanna-be activist or author to gain attention ... who knew that the rabid right wing would co-opt it as a "boogey man" phrase for everything they're against.

Oh well, stupid is as stupid does. Just don't get caught up in the hype.
    During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.

George Orwell

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Taichiliberal For This Post:

Frank Apisa (05-28-2022)

7. #21 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

See, there's the problem....the nano-second someone criticizes the other political party, they're demonized. Forget the content of the critique, whether it be accurate, true or not. Just go after them, and if you can't totally discredit the content, damn them with feint praise.

And I'm REALLY fucking tired of everyone using the "woke" excuse for their diatribes. I dismissed the origin as just another cutesy phrase used by some wanna-be activist or author to gain attention ... who knew that the rabid right wing would co-opt it as a "boogey man" phrase for everything they're against.

You're putting up a strawman, misrepresenting my intent, friend. I'm not "demonizing" anyone. I'm saying it's important, when elections are coming up to be on the same page. The Republicans never have any problem spewing false and misleading talking points... all the dems have to do is not be a circular firing sqaud.

Understand now?

8. #22 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

You're putting up a strawman, misrepresenting my intent, friend. I'm not "demonizing" anyone. I'm saying it's important, when elections are coming up to be on the same page. The Republicans never have any problem spewing false and misleading talking points... all the dems have to do is not be a circular firing sqaud.

Understand now?
    No strawman, but easily recognizable fact. You used words and terminology that have been co-opted by the MAGA minions for negative and disparaging connotations. That is why I cautioned you not to "get caught up in the hype".

Your clarification is a satisfactory, if not slightly detouring from your original assertion. Capice'?

George Orwell

9. #23 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

No strawman, but easily recognizable fact. You used words and terminology that have been co-opted by the MAGA minions for negative and disparaging connotations. That is why I cautioned you not to "get caught up in the hype".

Your clarification is a satisfactory, if not slightly detouring from your original assertion. Capice'?
    No, no "caprice". You're a Republican angry at me for giving the Dems sound advice. Figured you out, Mr. MAGA. Sorry your moron lost in 2020, but you might be successful in overturning our democracy in 24.. so there is that.

10. #24 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

No, no "caprice". You're a Republican angry at me for giving the Dems sound advice. Figured you out, Mr. MAGA. Sorry your moron lost in 2020, but you might be successful in overturning our democracy in 24.. so there is that.

Okay, now you've gone off the deep end. Anyone who has read my posts/threads over the years knows that I'm anything BUT a conservative/Republcan/necocon/teabagger/fibbertarian/maga minion. Hell, some have accused me of being left of progressives! Seems that when taken to task for what YOU write, you come unhinged. Sorry toodles, but if you can't take a little criticism, you're in the wrong forum.

I don't waste time of fools. Adios.

George Orwell

11. #25 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,989 Times in 11,516 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,459 Times in 2,200 Posts

Okay, now you've gone off the deep end. Anyone who has read my posts/threads over the years knows that I'm anything BUT a conservative/Republcan/necocon/teabagger/fibbertarian/maga minion. Hell, some have accused me of being left of progressives! Seems that when taken to task for what YOU write, you come unhinged. Sorry toodles, but if you can't take a little criticism, you're in the wrong forum.

I always thought you were a right winger.

12. #26 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Anyway. The Dems need to get on the same page. I felt if you disagreed, you were a Republican. Turns out your political instincts just suck.

Sorry for the misunderstanding, champ. I've only been here a few weeks, and not contiguously.. so I need to learn the personalities here.

13. #27 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I always thought you were a right winger.
    Are you serious? Just go to the categories and search for my post & threads. That should clear things up.

George Orwell

14. #28 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,989 Times in 11,516 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,459 Times in 2,200 Posts

Are you serious? Just go to the categories and search for my post & threads. That should clear things up.
    The only people on this forum citing Maher are right wingers.

15. #29 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I think he's just confused.

16. #30 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Well, since I don't a LOT of time going through every blessed poster and topic (and I have a fair amount of the fringe right wingers on ignore), I have no way to verify what you say.

Be that as it may, if you had read the OP carefully, you would have noted that I don't lock step agree with Maher on a lot of subjects. And again, anyone familiar with my posts & threads no that I anything but a right winger. If you chose to believe otherwise because of the OP, that's your problem.

This is why I'm a registered Independent voter....I can't stand the "lemmings to the cliff" attitude that you now display.

George Orwell