Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 30

Thread: The GOP in 2022

  1. #1 | Top
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    34,307
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 16,815 Times in 10,650 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 2,725 Times in 2,539 Posts

    Default The GOP in 2022

    "Herschel Walker, the football legend and leading Republican Senate candidate in Georgia, often boasts of his work helping service members and veterans struggling with mental health. In interviews and campaign appearances, the former Dallas Cowboy and Heisman Trophy winner takes credit for founding, co-founding and sometimes operating a program called Patriot Support. The program, he says, has taken him to military bases all over the world."

    "But corporate documents, court records and Senate disclosures reviewed by The Associated Press tell a more complicated story. Together they present a portrait of a celebrity spokesman who overstated his role in a for-profit program that is alleged to have preyed upon veterans and service members while defrauding the government."

    "The revelation marks the latest example of a far more complex reality that lies beneath the carefully curated autobiography Walker has pitched to voters."

    "Even before entering the race, Walker drew attention for his past mental health struggles, as well as allegations that he threatened his ex-wife’s life. He’s dramatically inflated his record as a businessman, as the AP previously reported. And his claim that he graduated at the top of his class from the University of Georgia, where he led the Bulldogs to a 1980 championship, was also untrue. He didn’t graduate, as the Atlanta Journal-Constitution first reported."

    https://apnews.com/article/2022-midt...74cce1816efb65

    The not graduating cracks anyone up, one thing to boast about graduating, but elevating it to the top of the class is beautiful

    Seems like it is becoming a prerequisite to run as a Republican, you have to start a charity that frauds contributors, inflate, or even fabricate, your personal accomplishments, and lie your ass off, especially, lie your ass off

    Trump not only set a low bar but also established seemingly expected norms

  2. The Following User Groans At archives For This Awful Post:

    Earl (05-24-2022)

  3. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to archives For This Post:

    evince (05-24-2022), Frank Apisa (05-24-2022), Phantasmal (05-24-2022), PoliTalker (05-24-2022), ThatOwlWoman (05-24-2022)

  4. #2 | Top
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    40,010
    Thanks
    14,412
    Thanked 23,579 Times in 16,410 Posts
    Groans
    23
    Groaned 583 Times in 559 Posts
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    "The GOP in 2022".....Will control the house and Senate. Next.

  5. #3 | Top
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    7,830
    Thanks
    1,280
    Thanked 2,365 Times in 1,774 Posts
    Groans
    10
    Groaned 576 Times in 532 Posts

    Default

    The GQP/GOP of 2022 is like it was in 2016 that fuck that election up at whoring with foreign and domestic Repuke and tRump sewer enemies on the taxpayer dime.

  6. #4 | Top
    Join Date
    May 2022
    Posts
    277
    Thanks
    66
    Thanked 223 Times in 136 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 19 Times in 19 Posts

    Default

    The current GOP line up is an absolute shit show of corruption, scandals and hate fueled division and some of ya'all want them to run the country?

    Crazy.

  7. The Following User Groans At Coolred44 For This Awful Post:

    Earl (05-24-2022)

  8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Coolred44 For This Post:

    gemini104104 (05-24-2022), Phantasmal (05-24-2022), PoliTalker (05-24-2022), ThatOwlWoman (05-24-2022)

  9. #5 | Top
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    7,830
    Thanks
    1,280
    Thanked 2,365 Times in 1,774 Posts
    Groans
    10
    Groaned 576 Times in 532 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Coolred44 View Post
    The current GOP line up is an absolute shit show of corruption, scandals and hate fueled division and some of ya'all want them to run the country?

    Crazy.
    Absolutely and completely un-American, treasonous, seditious and morally bankrupt as the un-American tRump corrupted GOP and all else attached to the atrocity.

  10. #6 | Top
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Location
    Olympia, Wa
    Posts
    40,503
    Thanks
    2,086
    Thanked 9,706 Times in 7,949 Posts
    Groans
    1
    Groaned 536 Times in 514 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    The GOP in 2022, not fully criminalized yet, but it is coming if the Revolution get their way.
    "Performance never stopped mattering, real life is NOT WOKE FANTASYLAND!"<<<<<<<<<<<Hawkeye the Wise

  11. #7 | Top
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Ravenhenge in the Northwoods
    Posts
    66,738
    Thanks
    108,421
    Thanked 57,806 Times in 37,426 Posts
    Groans
    1
    Groaned 4,301 Times in 4,035 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by archives View Post
    "Herschel Walker, the football legend and leading Republican Senate candidate in Georgia, often boasts of his work helping service members and veterans struggling with mental health. In interviews and campaign appearances, the former Dallas Cowboy and Heisman Trophy winner takes credit for founding, co-founding and sometimes operating a program called Patriot Support. The program, he says, has taken him to military bases all over the world."

    "But corporate documents, court records and Senate disclosures reviewed by The Associated Press tell a more complicated story. Together they present a portrait of a celebrity spokesman who overstated his role in a for-profit program that is alleged to have preyed upon veterans and service members while defrauding the government."

    "The revelation marks the latest example of a far more complex reality that lies beneath the carefully curated autobiography Walker has pitched to voters."

    "Even before entering the race, Walker drew attention for his past mental health struggles, as well as allegations that he threatened his ex-wife’s life. He’s dramatically inflated his record as a businessman, as the AP previously reported. And his claim that he graduated at the top of his class from the University of Georgia, where he led the Bulldogs to a 1980 championship, was also untrue. He didn’t graduate, as the Atlanta Journal-Constitution first reported."

    https://apnews.com/article/2022-midt...74cce1816efb65

    The not graduating cracks anyone up, one thing to boast about graduating, but elevating it to the top of the class is beautiful

    Seems like it is becoming a prerequisite to run as a Republican, you have to start a charity that frauds contributors, inflate, or even fabricate, your personal accomplishments, and lie your ass off, especially, lie your ass off

    Trump not only set a low bar but also established seemingly expected norms
    These people really believe that their potential voters are just that stupid, that they won't look behind the curtain. But then, since it's the QOP, they could very well be right -- their voters really *are* that fucking stupid.

    The problem I think that Mr. Walker is going to face is that he is not going to appeal to the racists among the white voters despite his claims. The black voters might like that he is black too, but they don't like the (R) behind his name. Maybe he will appeal to the low-info suburban voters.
    "The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." -- JFK (5/17/61)

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to ThatOwlWoman For This Post:

    Henry (05-24-2022)

  13. #8 | Top
    Join Date
    May 2022
    Posts
    277
    Thanks
    66
    Thanked 223 Times in 136 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 19 Times in 19 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ThatOwlWoman View Post
    These people really believe that their potential voters are just that stupid, that they won't look behind the curtain. But then, since it's the QOP, they could very well be right -- their voters really *are* that fucking stupid.

    The problem I think that Mr. Walker is going to face is that he is not going to appeal to the racists among the white voters despite his claims. The black voters might like that he is black too, but they don't like the (R) behind his name. Maybe he will appeal to the low-info suburban voters.
    How many sports fans does he have in that area cause that might be the majority of his voting base. Nostalgia vote.

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to Coolred44 For This Post:

    PoliTalker (05-24-2022)

  15. #9 | Top
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    77,245
    Thanks
    6,882
    Thanked 25,062 Times in 16,127 Posts
    Groans
    265
    Groaned 4,263 Times in 3,874 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sailor View Post
    "The GOP in 2022".....Will control the house and Senate. Next.
    Very likely true, does might mean right?
    Do the ends always justify the means?
    4,487


    Posters dumb enough to believe Trump won: (So we can ignore them due to their stupidity):

    STONE
    PostModernProphet
    Earl
    "Truth Detector"
    Celticguy
    Dachasund
    Into the Night
    Life is Golden
    Stretch
    AssHatZombie
    gfm7175
    Legion

  16. #10 | Top
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    117,469
    Thanks
    10,293
    Thanked 34,513 Times in 27,276 Posts
    Groans
    3,208
    Groaned 2,483 Times in 2,372 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by archives View Post
    "Herschel Walker, the football legend and leading Republican Senate candidate in Georgia, often boasts of his work helping service members and veterans struggling with mental health. In interviews and campaign appearances, the former Dallas Cowboy and Heisman Trophy winner takes credit for founding, co-founding and sometimes operating a program called Patriot Support. The program, he says, has taken him to military bases all over the world."

    "But corporate documents, court records and Senate disclosures reviewed by The Associated Press tell a more complicated story. Together they present a portrait of a celebrity spokesman who overstated his role in a for-profit program that is alleged to have preyed upon veterans and service members while defrauding the government."

    "The revelation marks the latest example of a far more complex reality that lies beneath the carefully curated autobiography Walker has pitched to voters."

    "Even before entering the race, Walker drew attention for his past mental health struggles, as well as allegations that he threatened his ex-wife’s life. He’s dramatically inflated his record as a businessman, as the AP previously reported. And his claim that he graduated at the top of his class from the University of Georgia, where he led the Bulldogs to a 1980 championship, was also untrue. He didn’t graduate, as the Atlanta Journal-Constitution first reported."

    https://apnews.com/article/2022-midt...74cce1816efb65

    The not graduating cracks anyone up, one thing to boast about graduating, but elevating it to the top of the class is beautiful

    Seems like it is becoming a prerequisite to run as a Republican, you have to start a charity that frauds contributors, inflate, or even fabricate, your personal accomplishments, and lie your ass off, especially, lie your ass off

    Trump not only set a low bar but also established seemingly expected norms
    so you are saying things have been alleged about a Republican running for office?......gosh, that's new.......
    Isaiah 6:5
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

  17. The Following User Says Thank You to PostmodernProphet For This Post:

    Earl (05-24-2022)

  18. #11 | Top
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    117,469
    Thanks
    10,293
    Thanked 34,513 Times in 27,276 Posts
    Groans
    3,208
    Groaned 2,483 Times in 2,372 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jarod View Post
    Very likely true, does might mean right?
    Do the ends always justify the means?
    apparently the demmycrats thought so in 2020......
    Isaiah 6:5
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

  19. The Following User Says Thank You to PostmodernProphet For This Post:

    Earl (05-24-2022)

  20. #12 | Top
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    39,054
    Thanks
    58,553
    Thanked 17,126 Times in 13,109 Posts
    Groans
    33,357
    Groaned 2,401 Times in 2,250 Posts
    Blog Entries
    6

    Default

    "alleged"...lol

  21. #13 | Top
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    77,245
    Thanks
    6,882
    Thanked 25,062 Times in 16,127 Posts
    Groans
    265
    Groaned 4,263 Times in 3,874 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PostmodernProphet View Post
    apparently the demmycrats thought so in 2020......
    I never did.
    4,487


    Posters dumb enough to believe Trump won: (So we can ignore them due to their stupidity):

    STONE
    PostModernProphet
    Earl
    "Truth Detector"
    Celticguy
    Dachasund
    Into the Night
    Life is Golden
    Stretch
    AssHatZombie
    gfm7175
    Legion

  22. #14 | Top
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Ravenhenge in the Northwoods
    Posts
    66,738
    Thanks
    108,421
    Thanked 57,806 Times in 37,426 Posts
    Groans
    1
    Groaned 4,301 Times in 4,035 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Coolred44 View Post
    How many sports fans does he have in that area cause that might be the majority of his voting base. Nostalgia vote.
    Good point!
    "The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." -- JFK (5/17/61)

  23. #15 | Top
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    117,469
    Thanks
    10,293
    Thanked 34,513 Times in 27,276 Posts
    Groans
    3,208
    Groaned 2,483 Times in 2,372 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jarod View Post
    I never did.
    yet you still deny the elections in WI and PA were unconstitutional.......
    Isaiah 6:5
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

Similar Threads

  1. Democrats can win in 2022 — here’s how.
    By gemini104104 in forum Current Events Forum
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 04-03-2022, 08:57 AM
  2. The best poll question of 2022
    By Niche Political Commentor in forum Off Topic Forum
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 02-10-2022, 01:23 AM
  3. The right wing in 2022
    By jbander in forum General Politics Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-02-2022, 03:24 PM
  4. How Far Will the GOP Go To Steal the 2022 Election?
    By signalmankenneth in forum Current Events Forum
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 06-21-2021, 09:07 PM
  5. NASDAQ 3700 (2022)
    By MachHe in forum Current Events Forum
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-03-2019, 10:13 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Rules

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •