Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: The working class is getting royally screwed.

1. #16 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,619 Times in 21,482 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,632 Times in 5,140 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PostmodernProphet View Post
    wouldn't the lower middle class be in the bottom 50% of tax payers?.......the ones who pay no federal income taxes?.......
    Citation?

18 U.S. Code § 2071 - Concealment, removal, or mutilation generally
    44 U.S.C. 2202 - The United States shall reserve and retain complete ownership, possession, and control of Presidential records; and such records shall be administered in accordance with the provisions of this chapter.

LOCK HIM UP!

2. #17 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,029 Times in 12,559 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,401 Times in 1,345 Posts
    Blog Entries

The Revolution is hammering the Middle Class even more than the Working Class, as Revolutions tend to do, because it is the only for them to maintain power.
    This illegal illegitimate regime that runs America is at fault...not me.... they do not represent me and I have long objected to their crimes against humanity.

3. #18 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,785 Times in 32,151 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,865 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jarod View Post
    Citation?
    ????....math?......obviously the break even point of 50% should be the middle middle class, not the lower middle class........
    Isaiah 6:5
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

4. #19 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

????....math?......obviously the break even point of 50% should be the middle middle class, not the lower middle class........
    You seem to make a lot assumptions about who pays taxes

44 U.S.C. 2202 - The United States shall reserve and retain complete ownership, possession, and control of Presidential records; and such records shall be administered in accordance with the provisions of this chapter.

LOCK HIM UP!

5. #20 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,041 Times in 13,848 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,042 Times in 2,838 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by AssHatZombie View Post
    and globalization.....
    That's another useless term employed usually to deflect off of the issue under discussion

6. The Following User Says Thank You to archives For This Post:

Jarod (05-23-2022)

7. #21 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,041 Times in 13,848 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,042 Times in 2,838 Posts

"pp" is one of those individuals who thinks the poor schmuck making thirty grand a year with four kids is getting over cause he doesn't pay the same percentage of tax that a Bill Gates pays

8. #22 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,275 Times in 1,938 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 165 Times in 155 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mina View Post
    Yes, and where the working class had been sliding over the course of the 20 years before that, it gained after that. Were you aware of that? Were you aware that over the course of the two decades before NAFTA, the poverty rate rose, unemployment rates rose, and median real incomes hardly budged at all? Were you aware that after NAFTA became law, the poverty rate plummeted, unemployment rates feel, and median real incomes soared?

Were you aware that the poverty rate for children rose 7.9 points in the two decades before Clinton took office, but then plummeted 6.1 points on his watch?

Were you aware that Glass-Steagall never actually got repealed, and instead all that happened is that certain provisions of it were repealed-- the major one being the rule against common ownership of retail and investment banks? Were you aware that the Treasury made a profit on its bailouts of the banks?

Were you aware that before Obama took office, military spending was a much larger share of GDP than it was by the end of his presidency, and that before he took office we were suffering much higher rates of KIA's in foreign military engagements?

He is? Do you have a link to him currently doing that?

What makes you think that?

You need to own up to the measurable facts. When Democrats have led, on average, the real median income growth has been strong, unemployment rates have fallen, and poverty rates have plummeted... none of which is true for Republican have led. Don't the facts have a place in this discussion?
    Are you aware that our grandkids lack the opportunities we had because our generation fell for the political theater of red vs blue? We can change the president but we can't change the neolib race to the bottom policies. Zoomers are left to clean up the clusterfuck created by boomers codependency on all them good paying military contractor jobs. Biden spent his entire political career screwing the working class yet you voted for him anyway. Dems are the party of WW3.

9. #23 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,679 Times in 16,485 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 585 Times in 561 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by American Man View Post
    It's no secret that CEOs are wealthier now than at any time in history. What is less known, however, is that the working class is poorer than it has been in generations.

Consider:

In 1974, my grandfather was a 20-something mechanic earning $6.25 per hour. It may not sound like a whole lot of money, but when you account for inflation, $6.25/hr in 1974 is equal to $36.65/hr in 2022.

His highest education is a high school diploma and by his 20s he was earning the equivalent of $36/hr.

This is why America is falling apart. It's not because of the left or the right, but the left and the right -- the wealthy elites stealing and hoarding our hard-earned wealth, bit by bit over the decades, and we're left with empty pockets and a struggle to survive.
    Plenty of jobs that pay that out there. With the same educational requirements. And cannot be filled. Trades for example. The problem is not many want to do actual physical work for that money. They want to either collect or sit behind a screen.

10. #24 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by archives View Post
    "pp" is one of those individuals who thinks the poor schmuck making thirty grand a year with four kids is getting over cause he doesn't pay the same percentage of tax that a Bill Gates pays
    He dumb.

LOCK HIM UP!

11. #25 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,931 Times in 5,908 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 444 Times in 424 Posts
    Blog Entries

Yup, they are getting screwed by those who inherited millions of dollars, its the American way... I call it economic slavery.

We need desperately to shift the tax burden from the lower middle class back to the wealthy, but it aint going to happen any time soon.
    the lower middle class doesnt pay income tax now. cant lower nothing.
    "Those who vote decide nothing. Those who count the vote decide everything." Joseph Stalin
    The USA has lost WWIV to China with no other weapons but China Virus and some cash to buy democrats.

12. #26 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,657 Times in 4,437 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 184 Times in 180 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mina View Post
    I think it's inaccurate to treat this as a "both sides" thing. While you can complain that the left hasn't done more, there's a SPECTACULAR difference between what has happened under Democratic leadership and Republican leadership.

Take the poverty rate as an example, since that's really the test when it comes to the working class: are things getting better, such that more of them are climbing out of poverty and into the middle class? Or are things getting worse, such that more of them are sliding into poverty?

The data is here:

https://www2.census.gov/programs-sur...e/hstpov2.xlsx

What it says is really striking. We know what the change in the poverty rate is for every year from 1960 to 2000. During years with a Democratic president, the cumulative change in the poverty rate is negative 12.2. In other words, 12.2% of all Americans aren't in poverty but would be if not for those Democrat-led improvements. Meanwhile, in years with Republican presidents, the poverty rate ROSE cumulatively, 1.2 points.
    Reducing poverty is great, but the percentage of Americans actually living in poverty is also important. For example, using that same census data on the poverty rate from 1959-2020 (I began with 1961 as the start of a presidential term). If you take the average poverty rate for each year for percent of all people below the poverty level we find:

The poverty level for each year under a Democratic or Republican presidency and average all of those annual rates we find:

Average annual poverty rate under Democrats: 14.6%
    Average annual poverty rate under Republicans: 12.7%

I am not arguing about whether anything was better or worse under either party, I am just challenging the research and data used to try to prove partisan points. In another post I showed teen birth rate was lower under Republican than Democratic presidents.

Some idiot always tries to claim I am left-wing or right-wing just because I challenge their partisan arguments.

13. #27 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

its been well documented that 50% of Americans pay no federal income taxes.........I make no assumptions about you.....I simply ask....do you pay federal income taxes?......
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

14. #28 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by archives View Post
    see?.....it's things like this that make us realize demmycrats lie constantly........your statement about me is not true......primarily because unlike you I realize a guy making $30k a year with four kids isn't paying any federal income taxes and is cashing his EIC check annually.......

15. #29 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

He dumb.
    intrinsically ironic.......

16. #30 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 28 Times in 28 Posts

wouldn't the lower middle class be in the bottom 50% of tax payers?.......the ones who pay no federal income taxes?.......
    If you make so little money that you don't pay taxes, you're not "middle class." You're the working poor.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to American Man For This Post:

PoliTalker (05-24-2022)