Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 61213141516

Thread: The working class is getting royally screwed.

1. #226 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,762 Times in 4,511 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 185 Times in 181 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Hello Flash,

And so they end up voting for the party of no gun restrictions at all, which ends up with a mass shooting of school children, not in their best interest.
    There are already hundreds of federal and state gun restrictions which most Americans support. For most Americans gun control is not a major issue when we vote (except in the few months after a school shooting). After the Florida shooting the legislature passed some gun restriction laws.

2. #227 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 6 Times in 6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Flash View Post
    Many Americans, especially those in rural areas, tend to oppose gun control. Even if the NRA did not exist legislators would be in trouble with their constituents if they voted for strict regulations or even advocated it.

Most Americans do not even know their legislators and certainly have no clue on how they voted on any issue. Yet, they are convinced they are taking bribes to vote a certain way. But, nobody ever claims they voted based on who got the most campaign contributions.

Does high-tech and labor unions own the Democratic Party? It has the same level of validity as saying the NRA owns the Republicans. Voters are free to defeat any legislators who do not represent their interest regardless of how much money they spent.

Any blame should be placed on American voters--not any interest group or campaign contributions. The AARP is probably the most powerful interest group in the country and gives no contributions.
    Flash. I entirely agree with this, your latest post to this discussion thread.

USA's voters elected Donald Trump, and then chose not to re-elect him. Al Gore accepted rather than challenging the court's decision to halt the recount in Florida. Donald Trump rejected even recounted vote tallies and urged both election officials and Republican voters to illegally perform acts of insurrection against our United States government.
    Respectfully, Supposn

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Supposn For This Post:

Flash (05-30-2022)

4. #228 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Supposn View Post
    Flash. I entirely agree with this, your latest post to this discussion thread.

USA's voters elected Donald Trump, and then chose not to re-elect him. Al Gore accepted rather than challenging the court's decision to halt the recount in Florida. Donald Trump rejected even recounted vote tallies and urged both election officials and Republican voters to illegally perform acts of insurrection against our United States government.
    Respectfully, Supposn
    You would assume if the NRA was so powerful they could have reelected the president most opposed to gun control. Money must not win elections, after all.

Oh, wait. I just checked the numbers. In 2020 Democrats spent $8.4 billion and Republicans spent $5.3 billion. I guess anything the Democrats accomplish will be due to legal bribery if what the other posters tell us is true.

5. #229 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,307 Times in 13,426 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 843 Times in 802 Posts

Thought experiment:

Your pay goes from $10 an hour to $20 an hour because your boss gives you a big raise. The boss's pay rises from say, $30 an hour to $90 an hour. Why should you give a shit? Your pay doubled and you are much better off. The boss's pay doesn't affect that in the slightest.

The only people who give a shit about the fact the boss got a bigger raise are people who think Karl Marx was correct, and we know they don't know their ass from their elbow...

6. #230 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,108 Times in 13,083 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello Flash,

Quote Originally Posted by Flash View Post
    There are already hundreds of federal and state gun restrictions which most Americans support. For most Americans gun control is not a major issue when we vote (except in the few months after a school shooting). After the Florida shooting the legislature passed some gun restriction laws.
    We need to keep changing the laws until the mass shootings subside.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

7. #231 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Hello Flash,

What changes would you like?

8. #232 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,307 Times in 13,426 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 843 Times in 802 Posts

Hello Flash,

SSDD...