Members banned from this thread: moon, archives, guno and gemini104104


Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: The Ultimate Energy Wrecking Ball — Joe Biden

  1. #1 | Top
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    104,652
    Thanks
    57,052
    Thanked 33,379 Times in 25,324 Posts
    Groans
    45,548
    Groaned 4,508 Times in 4,295 Posts
    Blog Entries
    58

    Default The Ultimate Energy Wrecking Ball — Joe Biden

    .
    I can't really understand why this is in the least bit controversial, it's all on the record what Biden has done surely?

    Energy independence and security are basic requirements for a stable economy and national security in the modern world. Americans learned that lesson the hard way in the 1970s — even, presumably, President Joe Biden.

    Yet since Biden has been president, he has done everything in his power to wreck American energy independence and security. And more is coming. What gives?

    A brief overview of recent U.S. energy history is in order.

    Although former President Jimmy Carter was largely a failure as president, he did do at least one thing right. To cut U.S. dependence on foreign oil, Carter and Congress unleashed the U.S. coal industry through the National Energy Act of 1978. Coal replaced oil as a means of generating electricity. By the time of the Obama administration, the production of coal had doubled to generate more than 50% of our electricity.

    Then the Obama climate agenda struck.

    Although climate legislation failed in Congress during 2009 and 2010, former President Barack Obama weaponized his EPA against the coal industry, cutting the use of coal to generate electricity back to about the Carter administration level. What kept our country from energy disaster during the Obama years was the concurrent rise of fracking, which provided the natural gas to replace the lost coal generation.

    Although Obama was no fan of fracking, he was happy to allow it as a practical means of facilitating his war on coal. But fracking wasn’t going to be allowed forever as Hillary Clinton only viewed it as a “bridge fuel” to a fossil fuel-free future.

    The election of President Donald Trump paused the Democrat war on fossil fuels. Although Trump couldn’t do much for the coal industry except to stop the government assault on it, he removed the threat of government action against fracking, which resulted in a world-changing record amount of U.S. oil and gas production.

    Under Trump, the U.S .rather than OPEC dominated the global oil market — so much so that, in early 2020 at the beginning of the pandemic, a Russia-Saudi Arabia oil production war resulted in the price of oil briefly going negative. America’s energy independence was secure, gasoline was cheap and the economy was strong.

    .Enter Biden — and disaster.

    Since Biden has been president, he has done everything in his power to wreck American energy independence and security in the name of his climate agenda. On day one, he killed the Keystone XL pipeline and stopped new oil and gas drilling on federal lands. His Environmental Protection Agency went to war against fracking by revoking fracking-friendly Trump reforms. Oil and gas industry investment was chilled while energy demand picked up as the pandemic shutdowns eased. Gasoline prices began their steep climb.

    The Biden administration virtually cheered higher gas prices as a necessary condition for advancing its climate agenda. While Biden claimed he was doing everything possible to reduce gas prices, for example, by releasing oil from the Strategic Petroleum Reserve, the amounts released were in fact trivial and had no effect on gasoline prices. Biden then falsely accused the oil industry of price gouging and sitting on 9,000 unused oil leases on public lands.

    And as if all that was not bad enough, the Biden administration continues to do everything it can to block and discourage fossil fuel production and transportation.

    The Democrat dominated Federal Energy Regulatory Commission has issued rules to block new pipelines on the basis of climate. The Biden administration recently rolled back Trump reforms to the National Environmental Policy Act to make it easier for green groups to block fossil fuel projects on public lands. And the Biden EPA plans to step up the war against fossil fuels in the coming months with pointlessly stringent air quality rules that will give EPA power over every aspect of fossil fuel production, transportation and use.

    The goal of these Biden policies is to drive fossil fuel prices permanently higher, in hopes of forcing Americans to embrace even higher-priced wind, solar and electric vehicle technologies.

    This is a policy of chaos for our economy and national security. Unless Congress can muster the necessary votes to put an end to these Biden policies, we will be stuck with them until at least 2025.

    Steve Milloy publishes JunkScience.com and is the author of “Scare Pollution: Why and How to Fix the EPA.”

    https://junkscience.com/2022/04/the-...all-joe-biden/
    Last edited by Primavera; 05-22-2022 at 02:52 AM.
    As Gustave Le Bo lamented: “The masses have never thirsted after truth. They turn aside from evidence that is not to their taste, preferring to deify error, if error seduces them. Whoever can supply them with illusions is easily their master; whoever attempts to destroy their illusions is always their victim.”

  2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Primavera For This Post:

    Earl (05-22-2022), Matt Dillon (05-22-2022)

  3. #2 | Top
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Location
    Olympia, Wa
    Posts
    40,426
    Thanks
    2,086
    Thanked 9,694 Times in 7,937 Posts
    Groans
    1
    Groaned 533 Times in 511 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    The public believes the Biden Administration has failed America, with disastrous results due either to its incompetence, belligerence, or left-wing zealotry.

    But Biden and his delusional team seem delighted with what they have wrought.

    In sum, what Americans see as an abject catastrophe, they cheer on as a stunning and planned success.
    https://victorhanson.com/is-bidens-success-our-mess/
    "It matters that you are trying to stop this technocratic slavery that is taking over"<<<<<<<<<<<Maajid Nawaz

  4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hawkeye10 For This Post:

    Primavera (05-22-2022), Rune (05-22-2022)

  5. #3 | Top
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    38,977
    Thanks
    58,454
    Thanked 17,074 Times in 13,064 Posts
    Groans
    33,332
    Groaned 2,400 Times in 2,249 Posts
    Blog Entries
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Primavera View Post
    .
    I can't really understand why this is in the least bit controversial, it's all on the record what Biden has done surely?

    Energy independence and security are basic requirements for a stable economy and national security in the modern world. Americans learned that lesson the hard way in the 1970s — even, presumably, President Joe Biden.

    Yet since Biden has been president, he has done everything in his power to wreck American energy independence and security. And more is coming. What gives?

    A brief overview of recent U.S. energy history is in order.

    Although former President Jimmy Carter was largely a failure as president, he did do at least one thing right. To cut U.S. dependence on foreign oil, Carter and Congress unleashed the U.S. coal industry through the National Energy Act of 1978. Coal replaced oil as a means of generating electricity. By the time of the Obama administration, the production of coal had doubled to generate more than 50% of our electricity.

    Then the Obama climate agenda struck.

    Although climate legislation failed in Congress during 2009 and 2010, former President Barack Obama weaponized his EPA against the coal industry, cutting the use of coal to generate electricity back to about the Carter administration level. What kept our country from energy disaster during the Obama years was the concurrent rise of fracking, which provided the natural gas to replace the lost coal generation.

    Although Obama was no fan of fracking, he was happy to allow it as a practical means of facilitating his war on coal. But fracking wasn’t going to be allowed forever as Hillary Clinton only viewed it as a “bridge fuel” to a fossil fuel-free future.

    The election of President Donald Trump paused the Democrat war on fossil fuels. Although Trump couldn’t do much for the coal industry except to stop the government assault on it, he removed the threat of government action against fracking, which resulted in a world-changing record amount of U.S. oil and gas production.

    Under Trump, the U.S .rather than OPEC dominated the global oil market — so much so that, in early 2020 at the beginning of the pandemic, a Russia-Saudi Arabia oil production war resulted in the price of oil briefly going negative. America’s energy independence was secure, gasoline was cheap and the economy was strong.

    .Enter Biden — and disaster.

    Since Biden has been president, he has done everything in his power to wreck American energy independence and security in the name of his climate agenda. On day one, he killed the Keystone XL pipeline and stopped new oil and gas drilling on federal lands. His Environmental Protection Agency went to war against fracking by revoking fracking-friendly Trump reforms. Oil and gas industry investment was chilled while energy demand picked up as the pandemic shutdowns eased. Gasoline prices began their steep climb.

    The Biden administration virtually cheered higher gas prices as a necessary condition for advancing its climate agenda. While Biden claimed he was doing everything possible to reduce gas prices, for example, by releasing oil from the Strategic Petroleum Reserve, the amounts released were in fact trivial and had no effect on gasoline prices. Biden then falsely accused the oil industry of price gouging and sitting on 9,000 unused oil leases on public lands.

    And as if all that was not bad enough, the Biden administration continues to do everything it can to block and discourage fossil fuel production and transportation.

    The Democrat dominated Federal Energy Regulatory Commission has issued rules to block new pipelines on the basis of climate. The Biden administration recently rolled back Trump reforms to the National Environmental Policy Act to make it easier for green groups to block fossil fuel projects on public lands. And the Biden EPA plans to step up the war against fossil fuels in the coming months with pointlessly stringent air quality rules that will give EPA power over every aspect of fossil fuel production, transportation and use.

    The goal of these Biden policies is to drive fossil fuel prices permanently higher, in hopes of forcing Americans to embrace even higher-priced wind, solar and electric vehicle technologies.

    This is a policy of chaos for our economy and national security. Unless Congress can muster the necessary votes to put an end to these Biden policies, we will be stuck with them until at least 2025.

    Steve Milloy publishes JunkScience.com and is the author of “Scare Pollution: Why and How to Fix the EPA.”

    https://junkscience.com/2022/04/the-...all-joe-biden/
    Indeed.

  6. #4 | Top
    Join Date
    Jan 2021
    Posts
    11,417
    Thanks
    1,984
    Thanked 5,373 Times in 3,715 Posts
    Groans
    8
    Groaned 241 Times in 229 Posts

    Default

    This ain't Brandon. He is a washed-up useless bag of shit. This is obama's revenge.
    Take a trip back TEN years and read what oblaba's energy secretary wanted and you might be on track as to who is pulling the strings.
    The article is a ten year old picture of what is going on right now.

    HEADLINES
    February 29, 2012

    Obama Wants $7-$9 Gas Prices and His Secretary of Energy Steven Chu Admitted it.[/SIZE][/B]
    [/URL]

  7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lionfish For This Post:

    Earl (05-22-2022), Matt Dillon (05-22-2022)

  8. #5 | Top
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    38,977
    Thanks
    58,454
    Thanked 17,074 Times in 13,064 Posts
    Groans
    33,332
    Groaned 2,400 Times in 2,249 Posts
    Blog Entries
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lionfish View Post
    This ain't Brandon. He is a washed-up useless bag of shit. This is obama's revenge.
    Take a trip back TEN years and read what oblaba's energy secretary wanted and you might be on track as to who is pulling the strings.
    The article is a ten year old picture of what is going on right now.

    HEADLINES
    February 29, 2012

    Obama Wants $7-$9 Gas Prices and His Secretary of Energy Steven Chu Admitted it.[/SIZE][/B]
    [/URL]
    Obama is behind Biden's destruction of America.

    No doubt about it.

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to Earl For This Post:

    Matt Dillon (05-22-2022)

  10. #6 | Top
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Posts
    26,778
    Thanks
    15,296
    Thanked 7,641 Times in 6,268 Posts
    Groans
    492
    Groaned 294 Times in 289 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lionfish View Post
    This ain't Brandon. He is a washed-up useless bag of shit. This is obama's revenge.
    Take a trip back TEN years and read what oblaba's energy secretary wanted and you might be on track as to who is pulling the strings.
    The article is a ten year old picture of what is going on right now.

    HEADLINES
    February 29, 2012

    Obama Wants $7-$9 Gas Prices and His Secretary of Energy Steven Chu Admitted it.[/SIZE][/B]
    [/URL]
    I agree, this is Obama's 3rd term and he's back to finish the job of doing America in.

  11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Matt Dillon For This Post:

    Earl (05-22-2022), Lionfish (05-22-2022)

  12. #7 | Top
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    38,977
    Thanks
    58,454
    Thanked 17,074 Times in 13,064 Posts
    Groans
    33,332
    Groaned 2,400 Times in 2,249 Posts
    Blog Entries
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Dillon View Post
    I agree, this is Obama's 3rd term and he's back to finish the job of doing America in.
    Biden causes America to become energy dependent after we were independent under President Trump.

    Biden promised to destroy carbon based energy.

    Biden is now trying to buy oil from Venezuela.

    It’s that simple.

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to Earl For This Post:

    Matt Dillon (05-22-2022)

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 15
    Last Post: 10-11-2021, 05:47 PM
  2. Replies: 43
    Last Post: 11-23-2020, 06:18 AM
  3. China Deserves Donald Trump a Human Wrecking Ball
    By dukkha in forum Current Events Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-23-2019, 09:22 AM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-11-2019, 10:11 AM
  5. The wrecking ball...Go Trump!
    By Rune in forum Current Events Forum
    Replies: 51
    Last Post: 12-13-2017, 09:39 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Rules

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •