Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 91

Thread: Conservatives want to make the US more like Hungary. A terrifying thought

  1. #1 | Top
    Join Date
    Nov 2020
    Posts
    29,308
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 9,388 Times in 6,774 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 901 Times in 833 Posts

    Default Conservatives want to make the US more like Hungary. A terrifying thought

    Long a safe space where conservatives could say what they really thought, this year the Conservative Political Action Conference (Cpac) is hosting an event in Budapest, its first ever on the European continent.

    Attendees will be treated to panels about “western civilization under attack” and be addressed by American conservative luminaries including the former Trump chief of staff Mark Meadows and media figures like Tucker Carlson and Candace Owens. That Hungary has become an authoritarian state whose leader, Viktor Orbán, has deconstructed Hungarian democracy and become a close ally of Vladimir Putin doesn’t seem to faze anyone involved. In fact, it’s the whole point.

    https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...-hungary-orban

  2. The Following User Groans At BidenPresident For This Awful Post:

    Earl (05-26-2022)

  3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BidenPresident For This Post:

    AProudLefty (05-21-2022), guno (05-21-2022)

  4. #2 | Top
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Location
    margaritaville
    Posts
    20,601
    Thanks
    8,463
    Thanked 10,151 Times in 6,979 Posts
    Groans
    18
    Groaned 551 Times in 524 Posts

    Default





    The sheer HORROR of it all.

  5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Stone For This Post:

    Earl (05-26-2022), Grokmaster (05-21-2022), Matt Dillon (05-22-2022)

  6. #3 | Top
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Location
    margaritaville
    Posts
    20,601
    Thanks
    8,463
    Thanked 10,151 Times in 6,979 Posts
    Groans
    18
    Groaned 551 Times in 524 Posts

    Default


  7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stone For This Post:

    Earl (05-26-2022), Grokmaster (05-21-2022)

  8. #4 | Top
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    NC originally from NYC
    Posts
    25,808
    Thanks
    87,204
    Thanked 14,925 Times in 9,218 Posts
    Groans
    52
    Groaned 1,276 Times in 1,205 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Trump shares CPAC Hungary platform with notorious racist and antisemite

    Hungarian talkshow host who has called Jews ‘stinking excrement’ and Roma ‘animals’ addresses rightwing conference

    A notorious Hungarian racist who has called Jews “stinking excrement”, referred to Roma as “animals” and used racial epithets to describe Black people, was a featured speaker at a major gathering of US Republicans in Budapest.

    Zsolt Bayer took the stage at the second day of the Conservative Political Action Conference (CPAC) Hungary, a convention that also featured speeches from Donald Trump, Fox News host Tucker Carlson, and Trump’s former White House chief of staff, Mark Meadows.

    The last featured speaker of the conference was Jack Posobiec, a far-right US blogger who has used antisemitic symbols and promoted the fabricated “Pizzagate” conspiracy theory smearing prominent Democrats as pedophiles.

    https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...ist-antisemite
    Nationalism is an infantile disease. It is the measles of mankind. Albert Einstein

    America's future is bright, not white




    ברוך השם

  9. #5 | Top
    Join Date
    Dec 2021
    Posts
    2,571
    Thanks
    1,281
    Thanked 648 Times in 528 Posts
    Groans
    26
    Groaned 53 Times in 50 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BidenPresident View Post
    Long a safe space where conservatives could say what they really thought, this year the Conservative Political Action Conference (Cpac) is hosting an event in Budapest, its first ever on the European continent.

    Attendees will be treated to panels about “western civilization under attack” and be addressed by American conservative luminaries including the former Trump chief of staff Mark Meadows and media figures like Tucker Carlson and Candace Owens. That Hungary has become an authoritarian state whose leader, Viktor Orbán, has deconstructed Hungarian democracy and become a close ally of Vladimir Putin doesn’t seem to faze anyone involved. In fact, it’s the whole point.

    https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...-hungary-orban
    Why do you type things like 'Conservatives do this' or 'Conservatives want that'?
    When you know perfectly well - if you are sane - that most Republicans and most Democrats are decent people who just want a decent life?
    And not ALL Republicans are ANYTHING like you (and others) are saying.
    And many Reps do it too on here.

    It is a blatantly, inflammatory title.
    All you (and others) are doing is deliberately trying to stir up shit.
    Thus...trolling.

  10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to McRocket For This Post:

    Controlled Opposition (05-22-2022), Matt Dillon (05-22-2022)

  11. #6 | Top
    Join Date
    Nov 2020
    Posts
    29,308
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 9,388 Times in 6,774 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 901 Times in 833 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by McRocket View Post
    Why do you type things like 'Conservatives do this' or 'Conservatives want that'
    It is a text from the Guardian, why there is a link to the article.

    No one missed you, you stupid troll.
    Last edited by BidenPresident; 05-21-2022 at 11:57 AM.

  12. #7 | Top
    Join Date
    Nov 2020
    Posts
    29,308
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 9,388 Times in 6,774 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 901 Times in 833 Posts

    Default

    It’s no exaggeration to say that Orbánism, with its rejection of democracy and its willingness to use coercion to enforce a narrow cultural and religious agenda, defines the danger posed by modern American conservatism. The danger is greatest when the two elements come together. Unable to win the approval of the people on whom they wish to force their values, conservatives will be tempted to proceed further and further down an undemocratic path. That path has already taken them all the way to Budapest. The fear now is that they will ultimately bring Budapest back to America.

    https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...-hungary-orban

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to BidenPresident For This Post:

    guno (05-21-2022)

  14. #8 | Top
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Location
    margaritaville
    Posts
    20,601
    Thanks
    8,463
    Thanked 10,151 Times in 6,979 Posts
    Groans
    18
    Groaned 551 Times in 524 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BidenPresident View Post
    It’s no exaggeration to say that Orbánism, with its rejection of democracy and its willingness to use coercion to enforce a narrow cultural and religious agenda, defines the danger posed by modern American conservatism. The danger is greatest when the two elements come together. Unable to win the approval of the people on whom they wish to force their values, conservatives will be tempted to proceed further and further down an undemocratic path. That path has already taken them all the way to Budapest. The fear now is that they will ultimately bring Budapest back to America.

    https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...-hungary-orban

  15. #9 | Top
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    NC originally from NYC
    Posts
    25,808
    Thanks
    87,204
    Thanked 14,925 Times in 9,218 Posts
    Groans
    52
    Groaned 1,276 Times in 1,205 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stone View Post
    Yea its a great joke for you asswipe

    Trump shares CPAC Hungary platform with notorious racist and antisemite

    Hungarian talkshow host who has called Jews ‘stinking excrement’ and Roma ‘animals’ addresses rightwing conference

    A notorious Hungarian racist who has called Jews “stinking excrement”, referred to Roma as “animals” and used racial epithets to describe Black people, was a featured speaker at a major gathering of US Republicans in Budapest.

    Zsolt Bayer took the stage at the second day of the Conservative Political Action Conference (CPAC) Hungary, a convention that also featured speeches from Donald Trump, Fox News host Tucker Carlson, and Trump’s former White House chief of staff, Mark Meadows.
    Nationalism is an infantile disease. It is the measles of mankind. Albert Einstein

    America's future is bright, not white




    ברוך השם

  16. #10 | Top
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    42,859
    Thanks
    12,345
    Thanked 23,470 Times in 16,361 Posts
    Groans
    247
    Groaned 1,617 Times in 1,527 Posts

    Default

    It’s no exaggeration to say that Orbánism, with its rejection of democracy and its willingness to use coercion to enforce a narrow cultural and religious agenda, defines the danger posed by modern American conservatism.
    Orbán has been elected 4 times. He defends Hungarian culture and won't let migrants settle there.
    His people love him

  17. The Following User Says Thank You to dukkha For This Post:

    Matt Dillon (05-22-2022)

  18. #11 | Top
    Join Date
    Nov 2020
    Posts
    29,308
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 9,388 Times in 6,774 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 901 Times in 833 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dukkha View Post
    Orbán has been elected 4 times. He defends Hungarian culture and won't let migrants settle there.
    His people love him
    And.....?

  19. #12 | Top
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    42,859
    Thanks
    12,345
    Thanked 23,470 Times in 16,361 Posts
    Groans
    247
    Groaned 1,617 Times in 1,527 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BidenPresident View Post
    And.....?
    and what?

  20. #13 | Top
    Join Date
    Nov 2020
    Posts
    29,308
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 9,388 Times in 6,774 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 901 Times in 833 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dukkha View Post
    and what?
    And you missed the point of the thread.

  21. #14 | Top
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Location
    margaritaville
    Posts
    20,601
    Thanks
    8,463
    Thanked 10,151 Times in 6,979 Posts
    Groans
    18
    Groaned 551 Times in 524 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by guno View Post
    Yea its a great joke for you asswipe

    Trump shares CPAC Hungary platform with notorious racist and antisemite

    Hungarian talkshow host who has called Jews ‘stinking excrement’ and Roma ‘animals’ addresses rightwing conference

    A notorious Hungarian racist who has called Jews “stinking excrement”, referred to Roma as “animals” and used racial epithets to describe Black people, was a featured speaker at a major gathering of US Republicans in Budapest.

    Zsolt Bayer took the stage at the second day of the Conservative Political Action Conference (CPAC) Hungary, a convention that also featured speeches from Donald Trump, Fox News host Tucker Carlson, and Trump’s former White House chief of staff, Mark Meadows.
    Said the guy who openly hopes every day the White race will drop off the map. Well sucker,....its not Whites that are falling, its blacks. Blacks are down to only 12.8 % of US population,....meanwhile Hispanics are almost at 20%. Flipping to R now at an astounding rate btw. YOU have been had and PLAYED for a fool. BTW,...thanks again for all the new R voters.


  22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stone For This Post:

    Matt Dillon (05-22-2022), RB 60 (05-21-2022)

  23. #15 | Top
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Location
    margaritaville
    Posts
    20,601
    Thanks
    8,463
    Thanked 10,151 Times in 6,979 Posts
    Groans
    18
    Groaned 551 Times in 524 Posts

    Default



    Guno got played. BIGLY.

  24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stone For This Post:

    Matt Dillon (05-22-2022), RB 60 (05-21-2022)

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 34
    Last Post: 01-21-2022, 05:27 PM
  2. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-21-2022, 10:12 AM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-06-2020, 12:31 PM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-29-2013, 12:18 PM
  5. I thought Conservatives just LOVED the Constitution?
    By ZappasGuitar in forum Current Events Forum
    Replies: 339
    Last Post: 02-20-2011, 02:52 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Rules

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •