Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,811 Times in 14,165 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,453 Times in 1,372 Posts
    Blog Entries

Default Onward Christian Nationalists, marching off to war

Pa. Republicans just nominated an unapologetic theocrat as their candidate for governor.

Doug Mastriano is one of these theocrats. He’s a happy, holy warrior for Mr. Trump, not because he’s under any illusion that the former president is a “believer,” but because he’s convinced that God is using Mr. Trump to usher in an era of “Christian” control of government — fascism with a faith-based face.

The most accessible term for this kind of totalitarian delusion is Christian nationalism. This sounds like something an unsophisticated patriot can grab onto and not feel self-conscious about. Being a Christian is good, right? Being a patriot is even better — so the two should go together like peanut butter and chocolate.

“In keeping with the cultural mandate, Christian reconstructionists advocate theonomy and the restoration of certain biblical laws said to have continuing applicability. These include the death penalty not only for murder, but also for propagators of all forms of idolatry, open homosexuals, adulterers, practitioners of witchcraft and blasphemers.”

https://www.post-gazette.com/opinion...s/202205190115
    “If we have to have a choice between being dead and pitied, and being alive with a bad image, we’d rather be alive and have the bad image.”

— Golda Meir

Zionism is the movement for the self-determination and statehood for the Jewish people in their ancestral homeland, the land of Israel.

“If Hamas put down their weapons, there would be no more violence. If the Jews put down their weapons, there would be no Israel."

ברוך השם

2. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,989 Times in 11,516 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,459 Times in 2,200 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by guno View Post
    Pa. Republicans just nominated an unapologetic theocrat as their candidate for governor.

Doug Mastriano is one of these theocrats. He’s a happy, holy warrior for Mr. Trump, not because he’s under any illusion that the former president is a “believer,” but because he’s convinced that God is using Mr. Trump to usher in an era of “Christian” control of government — fascism with a faith-based face.

The most accessible term for this kind of totalitarian delusion is Christian nationalism. This sounds like something an unsophisticated patriot can grab onto and not feel self-conscious about. Being a Christian is good, right? Being a patriot is even better — so the two should go together like peanut butter and chocolate.

“In keeping with the cultural mandate, Christian reconstructionists advocate theonomy and the restoration of certain biblical laws said to have continuing applicability. These include the death penalty not only for murder, but also for propagators of all forms of idolatry, open homosexuals, adulterers, practitioners of witchcraft and blasphemers.”

Originally, the KKK considered themselves to be Christians.

3. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,967 Times in 32,282 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,869 Times in 2,756 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BidenPresident View Post
    Originally, the KKK considered themselves to be Christians.
    do you still?.....
    Isaiah 6:5
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

4. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by PostmodernProphet View Post
    do you still?.....
    tired of you too. ignore

5. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

tired of you too. ignore
    you worthless fuck racists are all hot air and no talk.....
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

6. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,811 Times in 14,165 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,453 Times in 1,372 Posts
    Blog Entries

Republican panic grows after Mastriano wins

In the run-up to Tuesday night, Republicans openly used words and phrases such as “suicide mission,” “disaster,” and “voyage of the Titanic” to convey just what a catastrophe they believed his candidacy will be for their party.

An adviser to several Republican governors, speaking on the condition of anonymity, said there was wide displeasure with the outcome, calling him unelectable.

Mastriano has appeared at events linked to QAnon, the amorphous conspiracy theory that alleges there is a secret cabal of elite pedophiles running the federal government and other major US institutions. He also has made statements that veer into Islamophobia.

He is likely to be an especially weak candidate in the crowded suburbs around Philadelphia, the state’s most important political battleground. On the other side of the state, the editorial page of The Pittsburgh Post-Gazette has already all but officially endorsed Shapiro as “the only statewide candidate who did everything the Pennsylvania way.”

https://www.bostonglobe.com/2022/05/...astriano-wins/
    “If we have to have a choice between being dead and pitied, and being alive with a bad image, we’d rather be alive and have the bad image.”

— Golda Meir

Zionism is the movement for the self-determination and statehood for the Jewish people in their ancestral homeland, the land of Israel.

“If Hamas put down their weapons, there would be no more violence. If the Jews put down their weapons, there would be no Israel."

ברוך השם

7. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,316 Times in 9,824 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 510 Times in 483 Posts
    Blog Entries

Republican panic grows after Mastriano wins

In the run-up to Tuesday night, Republicans openly used words and phrases such as “suicide mission,” “disaster,” and “voyage of the Titanic” to convey just what a catastrophe they believed his candidacy will be for their party.

An adviser to several Republican governors, speaking on the condition of anonymity, said there was wide displeasure with the outcome, calling him unelectable.

Mastriano has appeared at events linked to QAnon, the amorphous conspiracy theory that alleges there is a secret cabal of elite pedophiles running the federal government and other major US institutions. He also has made statements that veer into Islamophobia.

He is likely to be an especially weak candidate in the crowded suburbs around Philadelphia, the state’s most important political battleground. On the other side of the state, the editorial page of The Pittsburgh Post-Gazette has already all but officially endorsed Shapiro as “the only statewide candidate who did everything the Pennsylvania way.”

https://www.bostonglobe.com/2022/05/...astriano-wins/
    it's fine.

all these rinos are fucking idiots. stop listening to them. sky is not falling.

8. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

niftyniblick the atheist is the only one advocating violence recently.

9. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by AssHatZombie View Post
    niftyniblick the atheist is the only one advocating violence recently.
    What public office does he hold or is running for?

10. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

What public office does he hold or is running for?
    your mama's official butt welder?

11. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by AssHatZombie View Post
    your mama's official butt welder?
    ignore

12. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

ignore
    the ccp welded your mama's butt shut to keep the disease in.

13. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

demmycunts are stupid enough to believe anything......

14. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,108 Times in 13,083 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Religion should confine itself to attempting to answer the unanswered questions such as: Is there life after death.

Religion does not belong in government. Period.

If religion is allowed in government, there goes freedom, out the door.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

15. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Religion should confine itself to attempting to answer the unanswered questions such as: Is there life after death.

Religion does not belong in government. Period.

If religion is allowed in government, there goes freedom, out the door.
    religion and spiritually also cover the topics of morality and behavior too.

you atheist humanist totalitarians seek to degrade human morality so you can do your mass murder and horrific horrible tyrannies. thats why you hate religion and spirituality.

you seek to destroy all humanity.

like satan you're jealous of god's love.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Blackwater Lunchbreak For This Post:

Matt Dillon (05-21-2022), RB 60 (05-21-2022)