Thread: New York Taxpayers to Sensibly Support Medical Care for Illegal Immigrants

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,395 Times in 3,338 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,121 Times in 1,030 Posts

Default New York Taxpayers to Sensibly Support Medical Care for Illegal Immigrants

Another thread on the board paints the opposite point of view but I'm among those banned from exposing it so:

Illegal immigrants are anything but an economic scab on the nation. Illegals make vital contributions to the economy. What prompts a thread like the other is simply ethic bigotry.

https://www.cbpp.org/research/povert...dministrations

Many similar links are instantly available for anyone who cares to knows what he's talking about before he talks.
    Last edited by martin; 05-21-2022 at 10:23 AM.
    "Give pearls away and rubies but keep your fancy free."

2. The Following User Groans At martin For This Awful Post:

Earl (05-21-2022)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to martin For This Post:

PoliTalker (05-21-2022)

4. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,568 Times in 17,849 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,238 Times in 3,042 Posts
    Blog Entries

Arrest and deport all illegals (non-citizens).

It IS the law.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Earl For This Post:

Grokmaster (05-21-2022)

6. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,614 Times in 10,679 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 617 Times in 606 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by martin View Post
    Another thread on the board paints the opposite point of view but I'm among those banned from exposing it so:

Illegal immigrants are anything but an economic scab on the nation. Illegals make vital contributions to the economy. What prompts a thread like the other is simply ethic bigotry.

Many similar links are instantly available for anyone who cares to knows what he's talking about before he talks.
    HORSE SHIT.

THE LEFT'S OPEN BORDERS ARE A CATSTROPHE FOR AMERICANS, AND YOU AND YOURS WLL BE BITCH SLAPPED FOR IT (AND THE MYRIAD OF OTHER FUCKUPS THE DUNCE-O-CRTAS HAVE UNLEASHED ON AMERICANS) in NOVEMBER...BIGTIME.
    TRUMP WILL TAKE FORTY STATES...UNLESS THE SAME IDIOTS WHO BROUGHT US THE 2020 DUNCE-O-CRAT IOWA CLUSTERFUCK CONTINUE THEIR SEDITIOUS ACTIVITIES...THEN HE WILL WIN EVEN MORE ..UNLESS THE RED CHINESE AND DNC COLLUDE, USE A PANDEMIC, AND THEN THE DEMOCRATS VIOLATE ARTICLE II OF THE CONSTITUTION, TO FACILLITATE MILLIONS OF ILLEGAL, UNVETTED, MAIL IN BALLOTS IN THE DARK OF NIGHT..

De Oppresso Liber

7. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,395 Times in 3,338 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,121 Times in 1,030 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Earl View Post
    Arrest and deport all illegals (non-citizens).

It IS the law.
    It's not the law. You might know that if you spent two minutes checking the facts before venting your feelings. Immigrants are subject to deportation, not required to be deported and their non-legal status is not criminal. They are "illegal", in other words, only in the sense that they have not acquired legal status; it is not a violation of law for them to be here.
    "Give pearls away and rubies but keep your fancy free."

8. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,095 Times in 13,072 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello Martin,

Quote Originally Posted by martin View Post

Something haters do not want to admit:

"In fact, immigrants contribute to the U.S. economy in many ways. They work at high rates and make up more than a third of the workforce in some industries. Their geographic mobility helps local economies respond to worker shortages, smoothing out bumps that could otherwise weaken the economy. Immigrant workers help support the aging native-born population, increasing the number of workers as compared to retirees and bolstering the Social Security and Medicare trust funds. And children born to immigrant families are upwardly mobile, promising future benefits not only to their families, but to the U.S. economy overall." (OP link)
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

martin (05-21-2022)

10. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Very interesting.

Check out the numbers. A significant portion of our economy:

"TABLE 1
    Immigrants Without a Four-Year College Degree as a Share of All Workers in Selected Occupations and Industries: March 2018
    Farming, fishing, and forestry occupations 36%
    Building and grounds cleaning and maintenance occupations 36%
    Textile and apparel manufacturing industry 29%
    Food manufacturing industry 27%
    Accommodation (e.g., hotel) industry 27%
    Construction industry 24%"

It would be a devastating hit if those numbers of workers were lost.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

martin (05-21-2022)

12. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Second generation immigrants contribute more to the economy, and they do better at completing education:

"Studies have long found that the children of immigrants tend to attain more education, have higher earnings, and work in higher-paying occupations than their parents. Economist David Card observed in 2005 that “even children of the least-educated immigrant origin groups have closed most of the education gap with the children of natives.”[16] The 2015 NAS immigration study similarly concluded that second-generation members of most contemporary immigrant groups (that is, children of foreign-born parents) meet or exceed the schooling level of the general population of later generations of native-born Americans.[17]

Even for immigrants without a high school education, the overwhelming majority of their children graduate from high school. According to the National Academy of Sciences 2017 report, 36 percent of new immigrants lacked a high school education in 1994-1996; two decades later, only 8 percent of second-generation children lacked a high-school education.[18] College completion rates also are higher among the children of immigrants. As of March 2018, 42 percent of native-born young adult children of immigrants, that is, children now in their 30s, had a four-year college degree. That’s well above the 32 percent among immigrants in, roughly speaking, their parents’ generation (immigrants in their 50s), Census data show." (OP link)