Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: How is lack of Baby formula Biden's fault?

1. #61 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,747 Times in 32,119 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,865 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jarod View Post
    He was a failure, lying to avoid panic failed.
    Operation warp speed, which he said would create a vaccine in a matter of weeks, failed.
    The vaccine was much less effective because he downplayed it and hid the fact that he took it.
    He advocated for silly get rich scheme remedies that his friends were invested in.
    He demanded opening up way before it was time.
    He tried to reduce testing, not increase it.

He FUCKED it up badly.
    I know......and all those babies without formula........
    Isaiah 6:5
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

2. #62 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,008 Times in 12,539 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,389 Times in 1,334 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PostmodernProphet View Post
    I know......and all those babies without formula........
    Betrayed by Washington.
    "Everywhere America goes it spreads war, misery, and destruction."
    The Han...every day....all around the world.

3. #63 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye10 View Post
    Betrayed by Washington.
    they should be used to it by the time they are born....
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

4. #64 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,512 Times in 2,601 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 216 Times in 211 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NiftyNiblick View Post
    Of course, there are baby formula shortages.

Too many idiots thought themselves worthy of breeding.

We're ass deep in unnecessary little ones, not that it's in any way their fault, and we don't know how to handle it.

Overturning Roe v. Wade will only make things worse in the shitkicker states.

I wish those fucking rubes would learn to throw a bag on it.
    brain dead moron blames breeding - but countries with much higher birth rates do not have this problem.

they also don't have a Dementia Joe problem.

5. #65 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Damocles View Post
    I have previously mentioned that I was among the testing group. I received the Pfizer vaccine before November when it was first added for emergency approval...
    my wife got her first shot on Valentine's Day and I got my first one two weeks later. No emergency authorizations were involved.......

6. #66 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,647 Times in 7,180 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,049 Times in 995 Posts

Betrayed by Washington.

What does "betrayed by Washington" mean?

Washington is just a location on a map.

If you have problems with a political representative, your grievance is with the people who elected him.

Define your actual enemy.
    Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel. Samuel Johnson, 1775
    Religion....is the opiate of the people. Karl Marx, 1848
    Freedom's just another word for nothin' left to lose. Kris Kristofferson, 1969

7. #67 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 38,007 Times in 25,616 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,614 Times in 2,498 Posts

His lack of foresight has caused this.

Here is a list of ways the government has caused this particular mess, and an explanation of what the Brandon Administration could have done or should do to fix it:

1. There are only 3 companies that have contracts with WIC for formula, this disincentivizes new companies from producing the vital necessity. Only once there already was a shortage did the Administration actually try to ease the restriction with WIC only paying for the formula from the 3 producers. This one is the fault of the Administration who knew the shortage would come after the recall but literally did nothing at all to fix the problem until there was a problem. What could they have done? Signed some contracts with some new producers or release the requirement of only purchasing formula from one of the 3 with the contract. What did they do? Wait for the problem to come to a head and then suddenly realize that this was one way they could relieve some of the problem.

2. The 17.5% tariff. Once again with supreme lack of foresight, even knowing there would be an issue, the Brandon Administration has done nothing to reduce the disincentive for foreign producers to export any formula to the US. The only person currently working on fixing this one is a republican Senator (Nancy Mace) who has introduced a bill to reduce this at least temporarily.

3. The Defense Production Act, this Act gives the President broad powers to increase productivity during emergencies. While both Trump and Brandon invoked this act to produce items to combat the pandemic, this particular issue (baby formula) happened only under the watch of Brandon who has failed to invoke and so far only has acted too little/too late in his patented anti-Midas touch. As far as I understand Brandon still doesn't think these children are important enough to invoke this provision which would allow him broad powers to aid in production of the vital necessity.

All of these issues will still exist after this particular lack has been restored and a redo of WIC is something we should put on the table. We need to stop limiting the production through these contracts.
    U.S. plants had a forced recall after bacteria were found in a Michigan plant. trump deregulated the food system before the pandemic and that included safely processing and delivering food to Americans.

Formula was being stockpiled because of Covid so sales fell for awhile. Then there was an increase of births in early 2022 so demand grew again and supply couldn't keep up.

trump's new NAFTA discouraged buying from Canada yet you're blaming Biden about reducing disincentive. I recall how righties, probably you too, praised that agreement, because you never foresaw that it could cause a problem in the future. You gambled and lost on that one.
    Last edited by christiefan915; 05-20-2022 at 08:14 PM. Reason: before, not during the pandemic

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
    ― Charles Dickens

8. #68 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 38,007 Times in 25,616 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,614 Times in 2,498 Posts

Yet it was available to the public, and still was a lie. The reality is it was made available before he took office and much of the older folks already had taken it. He lied.
    I don't know where people were getting the vax *before* Biden took office but it sure as heck wasn't in PA.

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
    ― Charles Dickens

9. #69 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 68,258 Times in 51,660 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,506 Times in 2,463 Posts
    Blog Entries

That is changing I have been assured by my brother, who lived in San Antonio 1994-2021, increasingly not liking how the city was moving socially and politically.

He moved to Corpus.
    Ooooh..... So since you are shitting your pants about this what are your plans to cope with it? Bitch about n*****s on the Internet? Take Urban Warfare classes, either in American or Chinese? Buy stock in Depends and hope your fear-mongering works?
    God bless America and those who defend our Constitution.

"Hatred is a failure of imagination" - Graham Greene, "The Power and the Glory"

10. #70 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by christiefan915 View Post
    I don't know where people were getting the vax *before* Biden took office but it sure as heck wasn't in PA.
    It was only available under an Emergency Authorization. Damo volunteered for the experimental group. Hat's off to him for doing so. Biden's staff, either by accident or design, gave the impression that Biden was solely responsible for the vaccine in the market. That's not true.

OTOH, if we want talk about real facts, why did it take Trump almost six fucking months from finding out about the severity of COVID and activating Operation Warp Speed?

It's one thing for a politician to spin the truth to their advantage, but it's another to lie to the American public and hide the severity of a global pandemic with lies and conspiracy theories.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Doc Dutch For This Post:

christiefan915 (05-20-2022)

12. #71 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch Uncle View Post
    Ooooh..... So since you are shitting your pants about this what are your plans to cope with it? Bitch about n*****s on the Internet? Take Urban Warfare classes, either in American or Chinese? Buy stock in Depends and hope your fear-mongering works?
    I cant wait till we offload you pricks, you sure do add ugly to my life.

13. #72 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,028 Times in 6,749 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,813 Times in 1,679 Posts

Yeah, we had conversations about his claim, threads with images of him getting the vaccine while hearing the sound of him talking about how there was no vaccine... It was fun. IMHO, this is what began his rather fast drop to below 40% approval. He leapt off the starting line sucking at telling the simple truth.
    I don't remember him ever saying that, once. Like I said - the WH tweet last week was the 1st time I ever saw the claim.

14. #73 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

We should wonder how we decided to quietly tolerate so many mouthy shit people.

Performance never stopped mattering.

OOPS!

15. #74 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,805 Times in 13,108 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 825 Times in 784 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jarod View Post
    I stubbed my tow this morning, is that Biden's fault?

My favorite Restaurant lost its lease and closed down, is that Biden's fault?
    Possibly.

How is a lack of baby formula Biden's fault?[/QUOTE]

1. The FDA has failed to approve European brands of formula for use in the US. Joke has made no effort to force the FDA--he controls--to speed up that process.
    2. At the same time, the FDA has been quite fast about forcing mass product recalls on baby formula for isolated incidents of sickness or health issues related to these products.
    3. Some of this is a distribution issue, rather than a shortage. Joke's new regulations on trucking have resulted in a massive shortage of truckers and insufficient numbers of new ones entering that job field.

16. #75 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I cant wait till we offload you pricks, you sure do add ugly to my life.
    Offload? Where? In a Chinese work camp, comrade? You'll have to catch me first. LOL