Thread: Alex Jones

1. #31 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 82,519 Times in 52,737 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,657 Times in 4,376 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye10 View Post
    The Revolution fully intends to silence all dissident voices, and they will go all the way, these revolutions always are willing, we know exactly where we are going.

The educated.
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals." -- Mark Twain

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ThatOwlWoman For This Post:

LurchAddams (06-12-2022), Walt (05-20-2022)

3. #32 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,023 Times in 8,280 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,673 Times in 2,479 Posts

The Revolution fully intends to silence all dissident voices, and they will go all the way
    We have heard this will happen "soon" for decades. When will it start happening? Nugent kept saying he was about to be arrested, and still he is walking free.

The pedophile Nugent probably should have been arrested, but he has not been.
    Daniel Patrick Moynihan said it best, "You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
    Paul Begala, "Politics is show business for ugly people."
    Stephen Colbert, "Reality has a well known liberal bias."

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Walt For This Post:

christiefan915 (05-22-2022), LurchAddams (06-12-2022), Phantasmal (05-21-2022), ThatOwlWoman (05-21-2022)

5. #33 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,029 Times in 12,559 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,401 Times in 1,345 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Walt View Post
    We have heard this will happen "soon" for decades. When will it start happening? Nugent kept saying he was about to be arrested, and still he is walking free.

The pedophile Nugent probably should have been arrested, but he has not been.
    You are a lying son of a bitch.

Please get lost, your kind are not wanted.
    This illegal illegitimate regime that runs America is at fault...not me.... they do not represent me and I have long objected to their crimes against humanity.

6. The Following User Groans At Hawkeye10 For This Awful Post:

LurchAddams (06-12-2022)

7. #34 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,023 Times in 8,280 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,673 Times in 2,479 Posts

You are a lying son of a bitch.

Please get lost, your kind are not wanted.
    There is a lot of persecution in this world, and you are complaining about your future persecution, so I have to ask, when will this future persecution happen?

If Barack Obama becomes the president in November, again, I will be either be dead or in jail by this time next year.
    Ted Nugent ten years ago
    https://www.wsj.com/articles/BL-SEB-69764

Obama was reelected, and absolutely nothing happened to Nugent.
    Daniel Patrick Moynihan said it best, "You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
    Paul Begala, "Politics is show business for ugly people."
    Stephen Colbert, "Reality has a well known liberal bias."

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Walt For This Post:

LurchAddams (06-12-2022), ThatOwlWoman (05-21-2022)

9. #35 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,632 Times in 4,084 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,357 Times in 1,282 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Phantasmal View Post
    His latest conspiracy is that they are lining soft drink cans with a substance that is shrinking men’s penises and sperm count!

https://www.indy100.com/amp/alex-jon...acy-2657361305
    He's projecting again.
    During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.

George Orwell

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Taichiliberal For This Post:

LurchAddams (06-12-2022), Phantasmal (05-21-2022)

11. #36 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

The Revolution fully intends to silence all dissident voices, and they will go all the way, these revolutions always are willing, we know exactly where we are going.

The educated.
    You sound a lot like Smarter Than You. And we all saw what he's about. Sad you're of like mind.
    During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.

George Orwell

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Taichiliberal For This Post:

LurchAddams (06-12-2022)

13. #37 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I suggest taking in what Alex Jones has to say, and they look at it 2-3 years later.

Did he generally get things right?
    This illegal illegitimate regime that runs America is at fault...not me.... they do not represent me and I have long objected to their crimes against humanity.

14. #38 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Walt View Post
    There is a lot of persecution in this world, and you are complaining about your future persecution, so I have to ask, when will this future persecution happen?

Ted Nugent ten years ago
    https://www.wsj.com/articles/BL-SEB-69764

Obama was reelected, and absolutely nothing happened to Nugent.
    And as we all know, Limbaugh did not, in fact, move to Costa Rica as promised.
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals." -- Mark Twain

15. The Following User Says Thank You to ThatOwlWoman For This Post:

Walt (05-21-2022)

16. #39 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I suggest taking in what Alex Jones has to say, and they look at it 2-3 years later.

Nope. Suggestion: Read this when you've finally sobered up.

Alex Jones’ Infowars files for bankruptcy following Sandy Hook lawsuits
    Jones was found liable for damages in a trio of lawsuits last year that were filed after he falsely claimed that the 2012 Sandy Hook school massacre was a hoax.

17. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ThatOwlWoman For This Post:

Doc Dutch (05-21-2022), LurchAddams (06-12-2022), Phantasmal (05-21-2022), Taichiliberal (05-22-2022)

18. #40 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 54,767 Times in 33,631 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,065 Times in 4,683 Posts
    Blog Entries

Make Me.

I feel pretty certain that you and I have completely different concepts of fun.

I did not chose to live in a dying civilization, that I have been forced to does not mean that I am not fun.
    Make me, are you six?

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Phantasmal For This Post:

LurchAddams (06-12-2022)

20. #41 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,447 Times in 7,737 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 509 Times in 502 Posts

The educated.
    This thread is NOT about that.

You ain't dead yet; Live a little!

21. #42 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,131 Times in 9,660 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 504 Times in 477 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Phantasmal View Post
    His latest conspiracy is that they are lining soft drink cans with a substance that is shrinking men’s penises and sperm count!

https://www.indy100.com/amp/alex-jon...acy-2657361305
    yes.

Study: Most Plastics Leach Hormone-Like Chemicals
    March 2, 20114:07 PM ET
    Heard on All Things Considered
    Jon Hamilton 2010
    JON HAMILTON

3-Minute Listen
    Download
    Transcript

Makers of water bottles, including Camelback, now sell products that don't contain BPA, a chemical that can mimic the sex hormone estrogen. But a new study says that even if they don't contain BPA, most plastic products release estrogenic chemicals.
    David McNew/Getty Images
    Most plastic products, from sippy cups to food wraps, can release chemicals that act like the sex hormone estrogen, according to a study in Environmental Health Perspectives.

The study found these chemicals even in products that didn't contain BPA, a compound in certain plastics that's been widely criticized because it mimics estrogen.

PlastiPure manufactures water bottles that it says have no estrogenic chemicals.
    PlastiPure
    Many plastic products are now marketed as BPA-free, and manufacturers have begun substituting other chemicals whose effects aren't as well known.

But it's still unclear whether people are being harmed by BPA or any other so-called estrogenic chemicals in plastics. Most studies of health effects have been done in mice and rats.

The new study doesn't look at health risks. It simply asks whether common plastic products release estrogen-like chemicals other than BPA.

The researchers bought more than 450 plastic items from stores including Walmart and Whole Foods. They chose products designed to come in contact with food — things like baby bottles, deli packaging and flexible bags, says George Bittner, one of the study's authors and a professor of biology at the University of Texas, Austin.

Sponsor Message

Then CertiChem, a testing company founded by Bittner, chopped up pieces of each product and soaked them in either saltwater or alcohol to see what came out.

The testing showed that more than 70 percent of the products released chemicals that acted like estrogen. And that was before they exposed the stuff to real-world conditions: simulated sunlight, dishwashing and microwaving, Bittner says.

To Fear Or Not To Fear Plastics?
    Exactly how BPA affects humans, and how serious its effects are, are still very much up for debate. The U.S. government generally advocates caution and more research, but agencies have issued a range of hesitant warnings. The National Toxicology Program, a division of the National Institutes of Health, says it has "some concern" about potential BPA exposures to the brains and prostate glands of fetuses, infants and children. Other agencies say they have lingering, unresolved "questions" about the chemical.

Those questions largely circle around how prolonged exposure to the chemical in childhood or adulthood could affect reproduction and growth; how low-dose exposure at sensitive developmental stages could affect children and babies later in life; and how parental exposure could affect the next generation. Studies have shown links between BPA and cancer, diabetes, heart disease, and a host of other illnesses.

One major sticking point for scientists is the challenge of drawing conclusions from hundreds of studies, each using different animals (mice and rats among them), doses, and routes of exposure. As the Environmental Protection Agency has noted, "there is controversy about whether effects seen at lower doses in animals are meaningful and relevant to humans." And scientists have also wondered whether rodents are more sensitive to the chemical than us because they metabolize it differently.

Last year, the NIH launched a new round of studies, all with the same methodology, designed to answer the some of the niggling questions and help the government provide clearer guidance than it's been able to so far.

— Eliza Barclay

"Then, you greatly increase the probability that you're going to get chemicals having estrogenic activity released," he says, adding that more than 95 percent of the products tested positive after undergoing this sort of stress.

But what about all those products marketed as BPA-free? That's a claim being made for everything from dog bowls to bento boxes these days.

The team concentrated on BPA-free baby bottles and water bottles, Bittner says, "and all of them released chemicals having estrogenic activity." Sometimes the BPA-free products had even more activity than products known to contain BPA.

The testing didn't show which chemicals are to blame, which is likely to be frustrating to manufacturers.

But Bittner says consumers should be encouraged that at least some plastic products had no estrogen-like activity. He says that shows it is possible to make these products.

Early reaction to the study was mixed. Some scientists wondered about the test's reliability. Others noted that wine and many vegetables also can act like estrogen. And a few observed that Bittner has a financial interest in the testing lab and in a company involved in making plastic products that don't release estrogenic chemicals.

On the other hand, groups that have warned about the potential dangers of BPA in the past seemed to welcome the new research.

"This is really helpful because they took a look at very common products," says Sonya Lunder, a senior analyst at the Environmental Working Group.

But the results suggest that concerns about plastics can't be solved by worried consumers at the checkout counter, Lunder says. It's a problem for government, she says.

"Regulatory agencies need to study the effect of chemicals leaching out of plastic," Lunder says, adding that an EPA program formed more than a decade ago to do this sort of research still hasn't produced many results.

Related NPR Stories
    BPA Safer Than Contraceptives In Rat Study Oct. 30, 2009
    As BPA Levels Rise, Sperm Quality Falls Oct. 28, 2010
    SPECIAL SERIES: Plastic Peril?
    Until scientists come up with more definitive answers, Lunder says, worried consumers can follow the old advice to avoid putting those baby bottles and other plastic products in dishwashers or microwaves.

"We've long cautioned consumers to avoid extreme heat and cooling for plastics, to discard scratched and worn plastics and we feel like this [study] validates one of our many concerns," she says.

https://www.npr.org/2011/03/02/13419...like-chemicals

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Hermes Thoth For This Post:

Matt Dillon (05-21-2022)

23. #43 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,131 Times in 9,660 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 504 Times in 477 Posts
    Blog Entries

so why is this in conspiracy theory section?

selection perfection in every spec's section.

24. #44 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Nope! His summations were and are always wrong.

George Orwell

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Taichiliberal For This Post:

LurchAddams (06-12-2022)

26. #45 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Taichiliberal View Post
    Nope! His summations were and are always wrong.
    I have never paid any attention to Alex Jones, But people I listen to routinely say that he is right about a lot, and certainly should be allowed to speak. I feel for instance both Bret and his brother Eric have said so. I know for certain that they have both said so about Tucker.

Nobody is always wrong, you saying so proves that you are a liar.