Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Alex Jones

1. #76 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,262 Times in 7,145 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,197 Times in 1,112 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by AssHatZombie View Post
    he's talking about the many hormone interactive substances in plastic.

and they spray plastic on the inside of cans, just in case you were trying to avoid it.

it's all real, dumbfuck.

why are you so fucking dumb?
    Why is ALex Jones so fucking dumb dumbass?

You do know that alcohol is poisonous to human tissue don't you?

Perhaps Alex Jones should tell the whole truth instead of just picking on the soft drink industry.

Alcohol is a toxin that kills cells such as microorganisms, which is why we use it to preserve food and sterilise skin, needles etc. Alcohol kills humans too. A dose only four times as high as the amount that would make blood levels exceed drink-driving limits in the UK can kill. The toxicity of alcohol is worsened because in order for it to be cleared from the body it has to be metabolised to acetaldehyde, an even more toxic substance. Any food or drink contaminated with the amount of acetaldehyde that a unit of alcohol produces would be immediately banned as having an unacceptable health risk.

Although most people do not become addicted to alcohol on their first drink, a small proportion do.

The supposed cardiovascular benefits of a low level of alcohol intake in some middle-aged men cannot be taken as proof that alcohol is beneficial. To do that one would need a randomised trial where part of this group drink no alcohol, others drink in small amounts and others more heavily. Until this experiment has been done we don't have proof that alcohol has health benefits. A recent example of where an epidemiological association was found not to be true when tested properly was hormone replacement therapy. Population observations suggested that HRT was beneficial for post-menopausal women, but when controlled trials were conducted it was found to cause more harm than good.

For all other diseases associated with alcohol there is no evidence of any benefit of low alcohol intake – the risks of accidents, cancer, ulcers etc rise inexorably with intake.

Hopefully these observations will help bring some honesty to the debate about alcohol, which kills up to 40,000 people a year in the UK and over 2.25 million worldwide in the latest 2011 WHO report.

We must not allow apologists for this toxic industry to pull the wool over our eyes with their myth of a safe alcohol dose, however appealing it might be to all us so-called "safe" drinkers.

2. #77 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,320 Times in 9,828 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 510 Times in 483 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Geeko Sportivo View Post

Perhaps Alex Jones should tell the whole truth instead of just picking on the soft drink industry.

Alcohol is a toxin that kills cells such as microorganisms, which is why we use it to preserve food and sterilise skin, needles etc. Alcohol kills humans too. A dose only four times as high as the amount that would make blood levels exceed drink-driving limits in the UK can kill. The toxicity of alcohol is worsened because in order for it to be cleared from the body it has to be metabolised to acetaldehyde, an even more toxic substance. Any food or drink contaminated with the amount of acetaldehyde that a unit of alcohol produces would be immediately banned as having an unacceptable health risk.

Although most people do not become addicted to alcohol on their first drink, a small proportion do.

The supposed cardiovascular benefits of a low level of alcohol intake in some middle-aged men cannot be taken as proof that alcohol is beneficial. To do that one would need a randomised trial where part of this group drink no alcohol, others drink in small amounts and others more heavily. Until this experiment has been done we don't have proof that alcohol has health benefits. A recent example of where an epidemiological association was found not to be true when tested properly was hormone replacement therapy. Population observations suggested that HRT was beneficial for post-menopausal women, but when controlled trials were conducted it was found to cause more harm than good.

For all other diseases associated with alcohol there is no evidence of any benefit of low alcohol intake – the risks of accidents, cancer, ulcers etc rise inexorably with intake.

Hopefully these observations will help bring some honesty to the debate about alcohol, which kills up to 40,000 people a year in the UK and over 2.25 million worldwide in the latest 2011 WHO report.

We must not allow apologists for this toxic industry to pull the wool over our eyes with their myth of a safe alcohol dose, however appealing it might be to all us so-called "safe" drinkers.
    dufus,

you can be against alcoholism and rampant toxic plastic.

note to self...

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Blackwater Lunchbreak For This Post:

Geeko Sportivo (05-24-2022), Matt Dillon (05-24-2022)

4. #78 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

dufus,

you can be against alcoholism and rampant toxic plastic.

note to self...
    That is a great point!

I knew you were good for something! Thanks!

5. #79 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,460 Times in 7,746 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 510 Times in 503 Posts

You love that beer aimed at women drinkers huh?

Have you ever tried a manly beer?
    STFU Bitchboy! You drink Zima and Smirnoff Ice, you poofter!

I know you've tried men!

6. #80 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,610 Times in 10,571 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 578 Times in 535 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Phantasmal View Post
    IPA, taste like pine needles smell. IPAs are my least favorite beers. My sons love them.
    I like bitters and stouts more than IPAs. The worst beer I ever had literally had pine in it, believe me IPAs don't taste like that. It was terrible. Oh, and the one with jalapenos... Also not good. I had high hopes for that one.
    Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but rather we have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.
    - -- Aristotle

Believe nothing on the faith of traditions, even though they have been held in honor for many generations and in diverse places. Do not believe a thing because many people speak of it. Do not believe on the faith of the sages of the past. Do not believe what you yourself have imagined, persuading yourself that a God inspires you. Believe nothing on the sole authority of your masters and priests. After examination, believe what you yourself have tested and found to be reasonable, and conform your conduct thereto.
    - -- The Buddha

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    - -- Aristotle

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Damocles For This Post:

Phantasmal (05-24-2022)

8. #81 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Dillon View Post
    STFU Bitchboy! You drink Zima and Smirnoff Ice, you poofter!

I know you've tried men!
    I am a homebrewer idiot! But I do not brew ladies brews- I brew beer real men enjoy like Stouts, Brown Ales, and Barley Wines!

Light beer- WHAT KIND OF A SISSY BOY ARE YOU?

What a pussy!

9. #82 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,460 Times in 7,746 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 510 Times in 503 Posts

I am a homebrewer idiot! But I do not brew ladies brews- I brew beer real men enjoy like Stouts, Brown Ales, and Barley Wines!

What a pussy!
    The kind that needs to cut down on calories and carbs.

....................../´¯/)
    ....................,/¯../
    .................../..../
    ............./´¯/'...'/´¯¯`·¸
    ........../'/.../..../......./¨¯\
    ........('(...´...´.... ¯~/'...')
    .........\.................'...../
    ..........''...\.......... _.·´
    ............\..............(
    ..............\.............\...

10. #83 | Top
    Living in rural America, "clinging to guns and religion"
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,614 Times in 17,054 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 522 Times in 502 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by American Man View Post
    Carbonated beverages are a billion-dollar industry. One day, the soft drink industry will hire PR people to attack scientists as "leftist liars," same as Big Oil does to attack climate science and the tobacco industry did to attack medical science. And then anyone who calls Pepsi unhealthy will be labelled a "leftist communist."
    Pepsi sucks.
    Common sense is not a gift, it's a punishment because you have to deal with everyone who doesn't have it.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to RB 60 For This Post:

Blackwater Lunchbreak (05-24-2022)

12. #84 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

What a pussy!
    Yep, you brew your own beer. You have brain damage
    Common sense is not a gift, it's a punishment because you have to deal with everyone who doesn't have it.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to RB 60 For This Post:

Geeko Sportivo (05-24-2022)

14. #85 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Dillon View Post
    The kind that needs to cut down on calories and carbs.

....................../´¯/)
    ....................,/¯../
    .................../..../
    ............./´¯/'...'/´¯¯`·¸
    ........../'/.../..../......./¨¯\
    ........('(...´...´.... ¯~/'...')
    .........\.................'...../
    ..........''...\.......... _.·´
    ............\..............(
    ..............\.............\...
    There are many ways to cut back on calories without having to limit yourself to light beer my friend.

I normally limit myself to only a couple of beers or 3 at the most for any drinking event.

And I limit myself to drinking events by not making everything I do - a drinking event! Those are the ways I cut back on calories.

Some people drink way too much and do this every fucking day!

15. #86 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

There are many ways to cut back on calories without having to limit yourself to light beer my friend.

I normally limit myself to only a couple of beers or 3 at the most for any drinking event.

And I limit myself to drinking events by not making everything I do - a drinking event! Those are the ways I cut back on calories.

Some people drink way too much and do this every fucking day!
    ahhh, drinking too much every day. those were the days.

sensible people wise up in their fifties.....(or earlier i've heard).

16. #87 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

ahhh, drinking too much every day. those were the days.

sensible people wise up in their fifties.....(or earlier i've heard).
    Thanks! Yes! I'm sure we could all slam a few shots back in our day, but now get the hangover if we do.

I just feel sorry for people who live their entire adult lives as alcoholics.

I admire people who are sensible drinkers, regardless if they learned it the hard way or not!

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Geeko Sportivo For This Post:

evince (05-24-2022)

18. #88 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Thanks! Yes! I'm sure we could all slam a few shots back in our day, but now get the hangover if we do.

I just feel sorry for people who live their entire adult lives as alcoholics.

I admire people who are sensible drinkers, regardless if they learned it the hard way or not!
    sensible drinking is surely.....the middle way.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Blackwater Lunchbreak For This Post:

Geeko Sportivo (05-24-2022)

20. #89 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by RB 60 View Post
    Yep, you brew your own beer. You have brain damage
    I am stealing your joke!

When I first started Homebrewing 25 years ago, I did drink more than I do now.

But, yes, a couple of Homebrews of a darker nature are heavy on the taste AND ALCOHOL, so a couple will get er done for most!

But, If you do like lighter ales- nothing wrong with that- I was just punking someone because they punked me first!

But, I will guarantee you this, if you make some light beer at home- IT IS GOING TO BE A LOT MORE TASTY AND SATISFYING THAN ANY LIGHT BEER YOU CAN BUY!

Hit me up for some recipes!

21. #90 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I am stealing your joke!

When I first started Homebrewing 25 years ago, I did drink more than I do now.

But, yes, a couple of Homebrews of a darker nature are heavy on the taste AND ALCOHOL, so a couple will get er done for most!

But, If you do like lighter ales- nothing wrong with that- I was just punking someone because they punked me first!

But, I will guarantee you this, if you make some light beer at home- IT IS GOING TO BE A LOT MORE TASTY AND SATISFYING THAN ANY LIGHT BEER YOU CAN BUY!

Hit me up for some recipes!
    I don't drink light beer. I never drank light beer.. I don't drink at all. No brain damage here.