Thread: Can there be a proof of God?

1. #181 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,785 Times in 32,151 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,865 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Geeko Sportivo View Post
    We are smart enough to know you and your kind are fucking hateful idiots!
    you aren't smart enough to tie your own Birkenstock sandals......
    Isaiah 6:5
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

2. #182 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,175 Times in 7,089 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,196 Times in 1,111 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PostmodernProphet View Post
    you aren't smart enough to tie your own Birkenstock sandals......
    Now you are smart guy!

About as smart as a box of pubic hair!

3. #183 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,785 Times in 32,151 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,865 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Geeko Sportivo View Post
    Now you are smart guy!

About as smart as a box of pubic hair!
    your momma has a box of pubic hair.....she saves it as it falls out......
    Isaiah 6:5
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

4. #184 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,884 Times in 3,024 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 105 Times in 98 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PostmodernProphet View Post
    your momma has a box of pubic hair.....she saves it as it falls out......
    Video?
    What day is Michaelmas on?
    When is the Mass on Michael?
    AM I ,I AM's,AM I
    I AM,I AM's, AM I

5. #185 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,601 Times in 9,273 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,405 Times in 1,371 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Apisa View Post
    "Belief"...whether it is a "belief" that at least one god exists or "belief" that no gods exist...

...is nothing more than a blind guess about something that may well be unknowable.

"Faith"...is simply insisting that the blind guess IS correct...and demanding that people give it respect because it is your blind guess.
    No! That's Blind Faith
    AM I, I AM's,AM I.

6. #186 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,989 Times in 11,516 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,459 Times in 2,200 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Mason View Post
    No! That's Blind Faith
    Why is any kind of faith necessary?

7. #187 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,601 Times in 9,273 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,405 Times in 1,371 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BidenPresident View Post
    Why is any kind of faith necessary?
    Good question for God.
    AM I, I AM's,AM I.

8. #188 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Mason View Post
    Good question for God.
    you're weird

9. #189 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,632 Times in 4,084 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,357 Times in 1,282 Posts
    Blog Entries

Originally Posted by Taichiliberal View Post
    There is the "faith" of religion that there is a God (or Gods) that create and control all things in the universe. Then there's the "faith" in the scientific method that will eventually figure out how all creation on Earth and the Universe actually works.

Never the twain shall meet, but maybe occasionally they should call each other on the telephone and have a nice chat.

Couldn't hurt.

Or one could not wait for authorities in religion and science to tell them what to believe.
    Yep....one of my brothers is constantly fuming about how people don't use their common sense to come to conclusions, and do as you pointed out here.

I say there's plenty of room for both our suggestions.
    During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.

George Orwell

10. #190 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Taichiliberal View Post
    Yep....one of my brothers is constantly fuming about how people don't use their common sense to come to conclusions, and do as you pointed out here.

I say there's plenty of room for both our suggestions.
    Science is about physicality so it has nothing to do with God. Religion is authoritarian, you're either in or out.

11. #191 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Science is about physicality so it has nothing to do with God. Religion is authoritarian, you're either in or out.
    FYI, since I've been on this Earth I've read articles, essays, listened to speeches, watched debates and documentaries where you have people saying this no scientific proof of "God" as described in religious texts and tomes. Various medical scientists/doctors have always made an effort to debunk or put into question cases of "miracles" or being healed by faith.

And don't kid yourself into thinking that science isn't rift with authoritarianism. Any type of man organized systems is subject to such. Case in point, acupuncture and the complete medical practice that comes with it was and is successfully practiced in Asian countries for over a millennium. It's basis is a belief & understanding of the spiritual cosmos and how humans are interconnected. Western medical science REFUSED TO ACKNOWLEDGE this reality until the early 1970's, and even now doctors from these countries are hamstrung in using all of their techniques due to the prejudicial and authoritarian medical hierarchy. In fact, I watched a Nova-style program where host related the mindset that acupuncture "tricks" the body into healing itself. I'm sure every acupuncturist in America must have laughed their butts off at that.

So like it or not, there is a connection when it comes to the debate about the existence of God (or Gods, divine living cosmos, whatever).
    During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.

George Orwell

12. #192 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

FYI, since I've been on this Earth I've read articles, essays, listened to speeches, watched debates and documentaries where you have people saying this no scientific proof of "God" as described in religious texts and tomes. Various medical scientists/doctors have always made an effort to debunk or put into question cases of "miracles" or being healed by faith.

And don't kid yourself into thinking that science isn't rift with authoritarianism. Any type of man organized systems is subject to such. Case in point, acupuncture and the complete medical practice that comes with it was and is successfully practiced in Asian countries for over a millennium. It's basis is a belief & understanding of the spiritual cosmos and how humans are interconnected. Western medical science REFUSED TO ACKNOWLEDGE this reality until the early 1970's, and even now doctors from these countries are hamstrung in using all of their techniques due to the prejudicial and authoritarian medical hierarchy. In fact, I watched a Nova-style program where host related the mindset that acupuncture "tricks" the body into healing itself. I'm sure every acupuncturist in America must have laughed their butts off at that.

So like it or not, there is a connection when it comes to the debate about the existence of God (or Gods, divine living cosmos, whatever).
    You missed my point. Science cannot have anything to say about God.

13. #193 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Originally Posted by Taichiliberal View Post

You missed my point. Science cannot have anything to say about God.
    Actually, it's your stubborn refusal to acknowledge simple facts of history and life of which I previously related. Your OPINION is irrelevant when you have documented evidence to the contrary. YOU may disagree, but that doesn't mean it isn't a fact. If someone says, "I'm healed and it's a miracle by faith in God", a medical doctor can and will examine that person's case history to determine if a scientific/medical explanation is out of the question. This is why currently the Catholic Church has priests trained in psychology and medical science to investigate reported cases of miracles and such.

What in my examples do you claim isn't about science regarding acupuncture?

George Orwell

14. #194 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Actually, it's your stubborn refusal to acknowledge simple facts
    fuck off

15. #195 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

If someone says, "I'm healed and it's a miracle by faith in God", a medical doctor can and will examine that person's case history to determine if a scientific/medical explanation is out of the question.
    Ok, what does that prove?