Thanks
    Thanked 11,605 Times in 9,276 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,405 Times in 1,371 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cypress View Post
    The Vatican, for one

https://www.vatican.va/archive/bible...enesis_en.html

On the flipside, I actually think the Militant Atheists who revel and rejoice in mocking the Bible are attacking it from a position of weakness. Because almost 100 percent of their mockery is directed at just ten percent of the Bible - the Book of Genesis.

Almost never mentioned or mocked are the histories, wisdom literature, prophetic literature, or gospels. Because they tend to be chock full of perfectly reasonable and sound ethical lessons and moral truths.
    The Vatican is all about out dated rituals.
    AM I, I AM's,AM I.
    What day is Michaelmas on?

2. #422 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I don't think I have ever mocked people who want to believe it is.

To me, there was obviously something which deeply inspired humans to record and maintain for thousands of years a written tradition like the Gospels, the Torah, the Analects, the Baghavad Gita.
    Maybe God was involved?
    AM I, I AM's,AM I.

3. #423 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 41 Times in 39 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Mason View Post
    Thanks for the American acknowledgement as could be partially due to my Great Britain & Scottish ancestors that chose to be American over centuries old religious BS in England which obviously hasn't stopped escalating in the USA with those Knights of Columbus "one nation under God" interpretation of "serve the Pope or die" diatribe trying to be American; but for their Christiananality pedophilia reasoning with malice aforethought force obviously not within the parameters of their beyond the pleasure principle in suicidal super egos sociopsychopathilogical homicidal human farming for a way too dang lily brilliant white Christian Nation according to SCOTUS fabricated Islam & immaculate drug conceptions as proof of "man is God".

4. #424 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,884 Times in 3,024 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 105 Times in 98 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by saltydancin View Post
    Thanks for the American acknowledgement as could be partially due to my Great Britain & Scottish ancestors that chose to be American over centuries old religious BS in England which obviously hasn't stopped escalating in the USA with those Knights of Columbus "one nation under God" interpretation of "serve the Pope or die" diatribe trying to be American; but for their Christiananality pedophilia reasoning with malice aforethought force obviously not within the parameters of their beyond the pleasure principle in suicidal super egos sociopsychopathilogical homicidal human farming for a way too dang lily brilliant white Christian Nation according to SCOTUS fabricated Islam & immaculate drug conceptions as proof of "man is God".
    Alrighty!
    When is the Mass on Michael?
    AM I ,I AM's,AM I
    I AM,I AM's, AM I

5. #425 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Defender of Honor View Post
    Alrighty!
    Since the Czar of Russia renaming Jewish ancestors in that coffee, tea or sugar tautology while SCOTUS still maintains their continuing Christiananality pedophilia mentality of being more American in still protecting & serving Russia along with thieving arsonists over Washington, D.C. born USA citizens & National Archives purchased US Constitutions, Eisenhower presented old glories to Holocaust survivors for business excellence & Israel hand scribed old testaments as proof it's Christian Nation business economics of "man is God" no problems in American politics.

6. #426 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,287 Times in 27,095 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,975 Times in 2,692 Posts

Is this going to be one of those times you ask me a question, and then will not acknowledge that I gave you a comprehensive, complete, and unimpeachable answer?

That is a Vatican webpage with the text from Genesis.

There are two different creation stories which don't match up with each other.

In Genesis 1-11 to 1-27 God's order of creation is vegetation>animals>man.

In the second creation story, Genesis 2-7 to 2-19, the order of creation is the exact opposite: man>vegetation>animals.

I personally don't think it's a big deal because the literary style of late Bronze Age scribes was the classical epic style, and they weren't as worried about logic as post Greek civilization was.

It's just an interesting literary observation that there are two creation accounts in Genesis which don't match up.

7. #427 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Is this going to be one of those times you ask me a question, and then will not acknowledge that I gave you a comprehensive, complete, and unimpeachable answer?

That is a Vatican webpage with the text from Genesis.

There are two different creation stories which don't match up with each other.

In Genesis 1-11 to 1-27 God's order of creation is vegetation>animals>man.

In the second creation story, Genesis 2-7 to 2-19, the order of creation is the exact opposite: man>vegetation>animals.

I personally don't think it's a big deal because the literary style of late Bronze Age scribes was the classical epic style, and they weren't as worried about logic as post Greek civilization was.

It's just an interesting literary observation that there are two creation accounts in Genesis which don't match up.
    You either believe YHWH had his prophets write the Bible,or you don't.
    AM I ,I AM's,AM I
    I AM,I AM's, AM I

8. #428 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,335 Times in 22,664 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,239 Times in 2,979 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AProudLefty View Post
    Address the topic, not other posters.
    Fuck off and die you brain dead thread trolling halfwit.

half-wit
    noun
    \ ˈhaf-ˌwit , ˈhäf- \
    : a foolish or stupid person
    "When government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."

A lie doesn't become the truth, wrong doesn't become right, and evil doesn't become good just because it is accepted by a majority.
    Author: Booker T. Washington

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    Unless you just can't stand the idea of "ni**ers" teaching white kids.

Quote Originally Posted by AProudLefty View Post
    Address the topic, not other posters.

9. #429 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,761 Times in 17,091 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,342 Times in 2,261 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    Fuck off and die you brain dead thread trolling halfwit.
    Address the topic and do not have an explosive diarrhea over other posters.

10. #430 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

You either believe YHWH had his prophets write the Bible,or you don't.

As Russia's Orthodox Church Putin preyers relentless assaults on Ukraine based on fabricated Nazi misnomers certainly mirrors those Catholic Church "serve the Pope or die" Knights of Columbus "one nation under God" interpretation & assassination of JFK; which supposedly not my problem as I was in a hospital & got out for a quick lunch & stop by the National Archives & SCOTUS before having to return for more medical care the day they assassinated JFK. Christiananality pedophilia in that WW II Mengele "Angel of Death" baptize thine eyes by urinations avoidance in waiting for that proverbial Islam medical human reproduction fabricated virgin Mary misnomer son of Allah immaculate Jesus the Christ forgiveness conception acceptance in no equal justice under law business economics Peter Principle pyramid scheme of survival of the fittest fascists.

11. #431 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

As Russia's Orthodox Church Putin preyers relentless assaults on Ukraine based on fabricated Nazi misnomers certainly mirrors those Catholic Church "serve the Pope or die" Knights of Columbus "one nation under God" interpretation & assassination of JFK; which supposedly not my problem as I was in a hospital & got out for a quick lunch & stop by the National Archives & SCOTUS before having to return for more medical care the day they assassinated JFK. Christiananality pedophilia in that WW II Mengele "Angel of Death" baptize thine eyes by urinations avoidance in waiting for that proverbial Islam medical human reproduction fabricated virgin Mary misnomer son of Allah immaculate Jesus the Christ forgiveness conception acceptance in no equal justice under law business economics Peter Principle pyramid scheme of survival of the fittest fascists.
    OIP (1).jpeg
    AM I, I AM's,AM I.

12. #432 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 10 Times in 10 Posts
    Blog Entries

Just to add something my kinetic evolving brain thought about seeing this thread topic again..

The concept of proving there is or isn't God is all done to remove the idea biology works eternally separating results occupying space now in plain sight so vernacular tribalism can work within the species fooling itself until extinction event occurs. Does maintain that 1% governing the other 99% by power of suggesting life cannot be limited to biologically reproduced occupying space here now.

When every reality is based upon that negative for over 300 generations, what person in their "right mind" wants to honestly use their own unique brain.
    Every brain born has a lifetime conflict with ancestral displacement and intellectual social position within the population present. Why, life is a compounding connection between inception, conception, death, extinction life doesn't exceed what exists now.

13. #433 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Those Islamidiotocracy Christiananality pedophilia tradition of suicidal super egos from Islam fabricated medical human reproduction pseudoscience virgin Mary misnomer immaculate son of Allah Jesus the Christ conception certainly had Czar of Russia military recruitment in renaming Jews as coffee, tea, sugar or put to death in that "serve the Pope or die" business economics master plan where fabricated misnomers of being the Rosenberg child for Knights of Columbus "one nation under God" interpretation or communist certainly escalated with their assassination of JFK & yet again from relentless Federal Lynching KKK churchstate of hate thieving US Constitution - old glory - old testament arsonists enforcement with SCOTUS fabricated Islam misnomers plus those burning Bush's 9/11 Arab "death to the infidels" health care plan Federal Lynching KKK churchstate of hate fiefdom "serve the Pope or die" as rootin' tootin' Putin's Russian Orthodox Church implements for perpetuality of survival of the fittest fascists master race pyramid scheme to make space the place for the human race; fried & freeze dried all over the place as a proof of "man is God".

14. #434 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Those Islamidiotocracy Christiananality pedophilia tradition of suicidal super egos from Islam fabricated medical human reproduction pseudoscience virgin Mary misnomer immaculate son of Allah Jesus the Christ conception certainly had Czar of Russia military recruitment in renaming Jews as coffee, tea, sugar or put to death in that "serve the Pope or die" business economics master plan where fabricated misnomers of being the Rosenberg child for Knights of Columbus "one nation under God" interpretation or communist certainly escalated with their assassination of JFK & yet again from relentless Federal Lynching KKK churchstate of hate thieving US Constitution - old glory - old testament arsonists enforcement with SCOTUS fabricated Islam misnomers plus those burning Bush's 9/11 Arab "death to the infidels" health care plan Federal Lynching KKK churchstate of hate fiefdom "serve the Pope or die" as rootin' tootin' Putin's Russian Orthodox Church implements for perpetuality of survival of the fittest fascists master race pyramid scheme to make space the place for the human race; fried & freeze dried all over the place as a proof of "man is God".
    Jesus is Lord
    AM I ,I AM's,AM I
    I AM,I AM's, AM I

15. #435 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Jesus is Lord
    Those twin brothers of Russia's rootin' tootin' Putin & his Russian Orthodox Church; from different mothers being Islamidiotocracy medical pseudoscience human reproduction fabricated virgin Mary misnomer "death to the infidels" son of Allah immaculate Jesus the Christ conception & bungling GI Joe Biden "serve the Pope or die" suicidal super egos forgiving themselves in business economics of sociopsychpathilogical homicidal human farming granted "man is God" standing by "one nation under God with equal justice under law".....