Thread: Elon Musk Says Three Things Are Ruining California

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,051 Times in 26,519 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,742 Times in 4,521 Posts
    Blog Entries

Default Elon Musk Says Three Things Are Ruining California

Tesla CEO calls California a ‘one-party’ state that's hostile to business and innovation.

Elon Musk may have founded most of his companies in California, but he’s become increasingly critical of the state as a place to do business.

The Tesla (TSLA) - Get Tesla Inc Report CEO made that much clear in recent comments during a virtual appearance at the recent All-In Conference held in Miami.

“California used to be the land of opportunity,” Musk told the audience. However it’s turned into “the land of taxes, overregulation and litigation and this is not a good situation.”

Musk became increasingly critical of the state as Tesla ramped up its production facilities. He famously built the first so-called gigafactory in neighboring Nevada, after winning generous tax concessions from that state. He went on to build facilities in Shanghai and near Berlin. But when the time came for a new U.S. factory, Musk opted for Texas.

He boasted that the recently opened Gigafactory near Austin – a building three times the size of the Pentagon – was completed in just 18 months.

“If you had a gun to [California Governor Gavin Newsom’s] head and said ‘we need to start building this factory right now,’ he couldn’t do it,” Musk said. “There are so many regulatory agencies and so many litigators in California that want to stop you from doing anything that even if you’re the governor of the state, you cannot get it done,” he added.

Musk laid the blame for California’s challenges on its political environment.

“It’s a one-party state,” Musk complained, noting that Democrats hold a super-majority in the state legislature and all of the statewide elected offices. The state’s elected officials “will never be responsive except to the people that funded them,” he added.

“Ultimately the people of California have to get fed up and demand change,” Musk added. “There’s got to be an above 0% chance of the Republicans winning in California.”

https://www.thestreet.com/technology...ing-california

2. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,242 Times in 13,389 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 840 Times in 799 Posts

If you want one government body that is 100% obstructionist and impossible to work with, it's the California Coastal Commission. If you live or do anything in their jurisdiction you are absolutely fucked. Recently, in the middle of one of the worst droughts and water shortages in California, they nixed a water desalination plant that the developers went out of their way to make environmentally friendly.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/...roads-84662737

https://www.reuters.com/world/us/cal...nt-2022-05-13/

If you want to do virtually anything with property within their jurisdiction it can take months to years to get a permit for the simplest things.

3. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,784 Times in 17,103 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,343 Times in 2,262 Posts
    Blog Entries

Why do people care about the states they don't live in?

4. The Following User Says Thank You to AProudLefty For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (05-18-2022)

5. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by AProudLefty View Post
    Why do people care about the states they don't live in?
    I live next door, and have friends that live in Cali. Most of them want the hell out but can't move for economic and job related reasons.

6. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,095 Times in 12,622 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,439 Times in 1,383 Posts
    Blog Entries

California is Gone.
    I choose my own words like the Americans of olden times........before this dystopia arrived.

DARK AGES SUCK!

7. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
    I live next door, and have friends that live in Cali. Most of them want the hell out but can't move for economic and job related reasons.
    As the self inflicted misery level goes up people will do it anyways.
    I choose my own words like the Americans of olden times........before this dystopia arrived.

DARK AGES SUCK!

8. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,597 Times in 1,937 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 661 Times in 608 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Primavera View Post

Tesla CEO calls California a ‘one-party’ state that's hostile to business and innovation.

Elon Musk may have founded most of his companies in California, but he’s become increasingly critical of the state as a place to do business.

The Tesla (TSLA) - Get Tesla Inc Report CEO made that much clear in recent comments during a virtual appearance at the recent All-In Conference held in Miami.

“California used to be the land of opportunity,” Musk told the audience. However it’s turned into “the land of taxes, overregulation and litigation and this is not a good situation.”

Musk became increasingly critical of the state as Tesla ramped up its production facilities. He famously built the first so-called gigafactory in neighboring Nevada, after winning generous tax concessions from that state. He went on to build facilities in Shanghai and near Berlin. But when the time came for a new U.S. factory, Musk opted for Texas.

He boasted that the recently opened Gigafactory near Austin – a building three times the size of the Pentagon – was completed in just 18 months.

“If you had a gun to [California Governor Gavin Newsom’s] head and said ‘we need to start building this factory right now,’ he couldn’t do it,” Musk said. “There are so many regulatory agencies and so many litigators in California that want to stop you from doing anything that even if you’re the governor of the state, you cannot get it done,” he added.

Musk laid the blame for California’s challenges on its political environment.

“It’s a one-party state,” Musk complained, noting that Democrats hold a super-majority in the state legislature and all of the statewide elected offices. The state’s elected officials “will never be responsive except to the people that funded them,” he added.

“Ultimately the people of California have to get fed up and demand change,” Musk added. “There’s got to be an above 0% chance of the Republicans winning in California.”

https://www.thestreet.com/technology...ing-california
    I would hardly consider this person Musk as a ethical advisor toward the common decency of society and the well being of society too when it comes to the best interest of America versus corruption among them who are born with a silver spoon stuck up their snooty and egotistical and corrupt hides. Let Musk work about 30 years on the J.O.B. from 8:30 am to 5 pm sweating bullets every day in the office at skating on thin ice with a dragon of a boss and scandalous office politics with the back stabbing and setting one up for failure instigators but to emerge from that corporate dungeon as a winner through it all, and to get the coffee right or else. Additionally, as a real accomplishment on someone's law abiding work ethics and endurance as a working class legacy of America.
    Last edited by gemini104104; 05-18-2022 at 12:58 AM.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to gemini104104 For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (05-18-2022)

10. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

"They even outlaw gas generators, they hate us that much".

DARK AGES SUCK!

11. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

If Musk can document that half of Bidens followers are fake then watch the fuck out.

DARK AGES SUCK!

12. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

My brother says "If Musk does something good then I will cheer, but I am not particularly expecting him to."

I think he already has done good.

Brotherly Disagreement.

DARK AGES SUCK!

13. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by gemini104104 View Post
    I would hardly consider this person Musk as a ethical advisor toward the common decency of society and the well being of society too when it comes to the best interest of America versus corruption among them who are born with a silver spoon stuck up their snooty and egotistical and corrupt hides. Let Musk work about 30 years on the J.O.B. from 8:30 am to 5 pm sweating bullets every day in the office at skating on thin ice with a dragon of a boss and scandalous office politics with the back stabbing and setting one up for failure instigators but to emerge from that corporate dungeon as a winner through it all. Additionally, as a real accomplishment on someone's law abiding, worth ethics and endurance and working class legacy of America.
    What are the "best interests of America?" They certainly aren't anything the Joke administration is doing. So, I ask, what are the best interests of America?

14. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,597 Times in 1,937 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 661 Times in 608 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
    What are the "best interests of America?" They certainly aren't anything the Joke administration is doing. So, I ask, what are the best interests of America?
    Aside from your trolling interests at being in a un-American shit hole as follows: Actually, it appears the influence of Musk in the sewer with the tRump crowd of degenerates has disrupted the integrity of Twitter that is weighing heavy on its shareholders in a negative way. There is no legitimate integrity when there are them who choose by their own free will to go down the corrupt pathway with the devil versus the decency of having and abiding by lawful and ethical standards of the USofA.

15. The Following User Groans At gemini104104 For This Awful Post:

cancel2 2022 (05-18-2022)

16. The Following User Says Thank You to gemini104104 For This Post:

AProudLefty (05-18-2022)

17. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by gemini104104 View Post
    Aside from your trolling interests at being in a un-American shit hole as follows: Actually, it appears the influence of Musk in the sewer with the tRump crowd of degenerates has disrupted the integrity of Twitter that is weighing heavy on its shareholders in a negative way. There is no legitimate integrity when there are them who choose by their own free will to go down the corrupt pathway with the devil versus the decency of having and abiding by lawful and ethical standards of the USofA.
    Are the oceans filled with 1000 island dressing as well?

I mean how far do you take this fantasy life of yours?

DARK AGES SUCK!

18. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,051 Times in 26,519 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,742 Times in 4,521 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye10 View Post
    Are the oceans filled with 1000 island dressing as well?

I mean how far do you take this fantasy life of yours?
    A true weirdo, I wonder if he's related to Desh?

19. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,426 Times in 5,873 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 6,484 Times in 6,228 Posts
    Blog Entries

Musk ? Is that the asshole that's polluting the skies ?
    " First they came for the journalists...
    We don't know what happened after that . "

Maria Ressa.