Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Elon Musk slams Biden: 'The real president is whoever controls the teleprompter

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,959 Times in 6,246 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 483 Times in 453 Posts

Default Elon Musk slams Biden: 'The real president is whoever controls the teleprompter

Tesla CEO Elon Musk, whose purchase of Twitter remains ongoing, slammed President Biden in a podcast interview Monday and warned that if the government continues printing money, inflation will get worse and the U.S. might follow the path of Venezuela

Musk, who said he has voted "overwhelmingly for Democrats," slammed the Democratic Party and Biden in particular. He suggested that Biden is something of an empty suit.
    "The real president is whoever controls the teleprompter," the Tesla CEO said. "The path to power is the path to the teleprompter."

"I do feel like if somebody were to accidentally lean on the teleprompter, it's going to be like Anchorman," the CEO added, referencing the 2004 film in which Ron Burgundy reads whatever is written on the teleprompter, even if it would ruin his career.

"I mean, the obvious reason for inflation is that the government printed a zillion amount of more money than it had, obviously," Musk said, echoing Republican critics who claim that Biden's American Rescue Plan COVID-19 relief stimulus bill contributed to the near-40-year-high inflation the U.S. experienced in April.

"So it's like the government can't just, you know, issue checks far in excess of revenue without there being inflation, you know, velocity of money held constant," the Tesla CEO argued. "If the federal government writes checks, they never bounce. So that is effectively creation of more dollars. And if there are more dollars created, then the increase in the goods and services across the economy, then you have inflation, again, velocity of money held constant."

Musk insisted that "this is just very basic" and "not like, you know, super complicated."

"If the government could just issue massive amounts of money and deficits didn't matter, then, well, why don't we just make the deficit 100 times bigger? The answer is, you can't because it will basically turn the dollar into something that is worthless," he noted.
    "Various countries have tried this experiment multiple times," Musk noted. "Have you seen Venezuela? Like the poor, poor people of Venezuela are, you know, have been just run roughshod by their government."

Venezuela's inflation reached a staggering 65,374.08% in 2018 amid an economic spiral beginning with government price controls and plummeting oil prices. The government started printing money to cope, and prices skyrocketed, unemployment increased, and GDP collapsed.

"So obviously you can't simply create money," Musk said. He emphasized "the true economy," by which he meant "the output of goods and services," as opposed to mere money.
    U.S. inflation rose 8.3% in April, slightly below the 8.5% jump in March but still near the 40-year-high.

Musk addressed his purchase of Twitter, restating his belief in the need for an unbiased "public town square."

I think there's a need for a public town square, digital town square that where people can debate issues of all kinds, including the most substantive issues," he said. In order for that to work, the platform needs to be "as broadly inclusive as possible" and it needs to feel "balanced from a political standpoint," that is "not biased one way or the other."

"The reality is that Twitter, at this point, has a very far left bias," Musk said. "And I would trust myself as a moderate and neither Republican or Democrat."

Musk also lamented the decline of the state of California. He said the Golden State was once "the land of opportunity" but it has become the land of "taxes, overregulation, and litigation." He said, "There's got to be like a serious cleaning out of the pipes in California."

https://www.foxbusiness.com/politics...t-teleprompter

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Life is Golden For This Post:

anatta (05-17-2022), Earl (05-18-2022), ExpressLane (05-17-2022), Grokmaster (05-17-2022), Hawkeye10 (05-17-2022), Lionfish (05-17-2022), Stone (05-17-2022), TOP (05-17-2022)

3. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,051 Times in 26,519 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,742 Times in 4,521 Posts
    Blog Entries

He's obviously not a believer in Modern Majick Monetary Theory. Anybody with even a basic grounding in economics knows this but not the JPP loonies like Jarhead.
    Last edited by cancel2 2022; 05-17-2022 at 05:22 AM.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cancel2 2022 For This Post:

Earl (05-18-2022), ExpressLane (05-17-2022), Grokmaster (05-17-2022)

5. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,785 Times in 32,151 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,865 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

is Musk positioning himself to be the next Trump?......
    Isaiah 6:5
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

6. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,419 Times in 16,408 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,433 Times in 1,355 Posts
    Blog Entries

Kamala needs a new telepromputeer or note writer... for sure...

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TOP For This Post:

Earl (05-18-2022), Life is Golden (05-17-2022), Matt Dillon (05-18-2022)

8. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PostmodernProphet View Post
    is Musk positioning himself to be the next Trump?......
    He'd be a popular choice for President, I think.

9. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Primavera View Post
    Most definitely! A successful businessman, one of the richest people in the world, would do an outstanding job as President. Because they know how the world and economics, work.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Life is Golden For This Post:

Earl (05-18-2022)

11. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,785 Times in 32,151 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,865 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Life is Golden View Post
    Most definitely! A successful businessman, one of the richest people in the world, would do an outstanding job as President. Because they know how the world and economics, work.
    lol....and no one hates him, right?.......
    Isaiah 6:5
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

12. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,989 Times in 11,516 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,459 Times in 2,200 Posts

Who cares what Musk thinks about anything.

13. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BidenPresident View Post
    Who cares what Musk thinks about anything.
    A fuckton more than care about your bullshit.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cancel2 2022 For This Post:

anonymoose (05-18-2022), Earl (05-18-2022), Life is Golden (05-17-2022)

15. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Only problem is he wasn't born in the US!

16. The Following User Says Thank You to cancel2 2022 For This Post:

Life is Golden (05-17-2022)

17. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Only problem is he wasn't born in the US!
    Which makes me very sad. I would vote for him!

18. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,531 Times in 10,535 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 578 Times in 535 Posts
    Blog Entries

He isn't a natural born citizen, he can't run for that one.
    Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but rather we have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.
    - -- Aristotle

Believe nothing on the faith of traditions, even though they have been held in honor for many generations and in diverse places. Do not believe a thing because many people speak of it. Do not believe on the faith of the sages of the past. Do not believe what you yourself have imagined, persuading yourself that a God inspires you. Believe nothing on the sole authority of your masters and priests. After examination, believe what you yourself have tested and found to be reasonable, and conform your conduct thereto.
    - -- The Buddha

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    - -- Aristotle

19. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,579 Times in 15,814 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,951 Times in 1,862 Posts

"The real president is whoever controls the teleprompter," the Tesla CEO said. "The path to power is the path to the teleprompter."
    scathing retort!

"I do feel like if somebody were to accidentally lean on the teleprompter, it's going to be like Anchorman,"
    LMAO.. talk about an empty suit....

20. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Which makes me very sad. I would vote for him!
    Yes true enough, see post 10.

21. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 62 Times in 55 Posts

Tesla CEO Elon Musk, whose purchase of Twitter remains ongoing, slammed President Biden in a podcast interview Monday and warned that if the government continues printing money, inflation will get worse and the U.S. might follow the path of Venezuela

Musk, who said he has voted "overwhelmingly for Democrats," slammed the Democratic Party and Biden in particular. He suggested that Biden is something of an empty suit.

"I do feel like if somebody were to accidentally lean on the teleprompter, it's going to be like Anchorman," the CEO added, referencing the 2004 film in which Ron Burgundy reads whatever is written on the teleprompter, even if it would ruin his career.

"I mean, the obvious reason for inflation is that the government printed a zillion amount of more money than it had, obviously," Musk said, echoing Republican critics who claim that Biden's American Rescue Plan COVID-19 relief stimulus bill contributed to the near-40-year-high inflation the U.S. experienced in April.

"So it's like the government can't just, you know, issue checks far in excess of revenue without there being inflation, you know, velocity of money held constant," the Tesla CEO argued. "If the federal government writes checks, they never bounce. So that is effectively creation of more dollars. And if there are more dollars created, then the increase in the goods and services across the economy, then you have inflation, again, velocity of money held constant."

Musk insisted that "this is just very basic" and "not like, you know, super complicated."

"If the government could just issue massive amounts of money and deficits didn't matter, then, well, why don't we just make the deficit 100 times bigger? The answer is, you can't because it will basically turn the dollar into something that is worthless," he noted.
    "Various countries have tried this experiment multiple times," Musk noted. "Have you seen Venezuela? Like the poor, poor people of Venezuela are, you know, have been just run roughshod by their government."

Venezuela's inflation reached a staggering 65,374.08% in 2018 amid an economic spiral beginning with government price controls and plummeting oil prices. The government started printing money to cope, and prices skyrocketed, unemployment increased, and GDP collapsed.

"So obviously you can't simply create money," Musk said. He emphasized "the true economy," by which he meant "the output of goods and services," as opposed to mere money.
    U.S. inflation rose 8.3% in April, slightly below the 8.5% jump in March but still near the 40-year-high.

Musk addressed his purchase of Twitter, restating his belief in the need for an unbiased "public town square."

I think there's a need for a public town square, digital town square that where people can debate issues of all kinds, including the most substantive issues," he said. In order for that to work, the platform needs to be "as broadly inclusive as possible" and it needs to feel "balanced from a political standpoint," that is "not biased one way or the other."

"The reality is that Twitter, at this point, has a very far left bias," Musk said. "And I would trust myself as a moderate and neither Republican or Democrat."

Musk also lamented the decline of the state of California. He said the Golden State was once "the land of opportunity" but it has become the land of "taxes, overregulation, and litigation." He said, "There's got to be like a serious cleaning out of the pipes in California."

https://www.foxbusiness.com/politics...t-teleprompter
    Musk's in a tough spot. He made a big deal out of trying to buy Twitter, but didn't line up the financing first, and is now stuck with an agreement that will cost him a billion bucks if he backs out. He's trying to put conditions on his purchase, now, even though he didn't negotiate those conditions into the agreement he signed. That has left him desperate for a distraction. He knows that the kind of people who hang on his every word are Fox News drones, too, so he's feeding up some of the standard wing-nut criticisms of Biden, and hoping that'll secure him goodwill even as he looks for a way to slither out of the Twitter deal.

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mina For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (05-17-2022), ThatOwlWoman (05-17-2022)