Thread: Ban on protests in front of homes signed by Gov. DeSantis

1. #136 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 83,429 Times in 53,293 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,661 Times in 4,380 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by zymurgy View Post
    seeing retards that barely understand incorporation claim what is constitutional is hilarious
    Then quit doing that and ppl will stop laughing at you. It's not that hard.
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals." -- Mark Twain

2. The Following User Says Thank You to ThatOwlWoman For This Post:

Doc Dutch (05-17-2022)

3. #137 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,556 Times in 2,630 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 217 Times in 212 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ThatOwlWoman View Post
    right tardo

states can no longer implement this because we wanted to end slavery

cuckoo cuckoo

4. #138 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 69,485 Times in 52,488 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,514 Times in 2,471 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
    Trivial objection in the form of an reductio ad absurdum.
    Bullshit. What constitutes a protest? If walked my dog passed the place twice, going and coming, would I be arrested or not?
    God bless America and those who defend our Constitution.

"Hatred is a failure of imagination" - Graham Greene, "The Power and the Glory"

5. #139 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I doubt he can help himself. It comes so naturally to him. At first I thought he was a Legion sock but he's to dumb even for the Gimp.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Doc Dutch For This Post:

ThatOwlWoman (05-18-2022)

7. #140 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,637 Times in 10,063 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,101 Times in 1,013 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by AProudLefty View Post
    People who protest in front of private residences in Florida can face jail time and fines under a bill signed by Republican Gov. Ron DeSantis

TALLAHASSEE, Fla. -- Anyone who protests in front of a private residence in Florida can face jail time and fines under a bill Republican Gov. Ron DeSantis signed Monday.

The legislation makes it a second-degree misdemeanor to protest in a manner that is aimed at intentionally harassing or disturbing someone in their home. Violators face 60 days in jail and fines of up to $500.

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/wire...antis-84762843

Wow he doesn't even pretend. He truly is a fascist. People being thrown in jail for exercising their First Amendment rights?

I predict many people will be protesting in front of his house to spite him. They won't be enough rooms in jail.
    Disturbing the peace and threatening people at their homes is not acceptable.

8. #141 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,785 Times in 17,104 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,344 Times in 2,263 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by volsrock View Post
    Disturbing the peace and threatening people at their homes is not acceptable.
    Who's threatening them?

9. #142 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,785 Times in 17,104 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,344 Times in 2,263 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
    Trivial objection in the form of an reductio ad absurdum.
    No it isn't. He has a valid point. What constitutes a protest? Signs? Shirts? Words? Chalk messages?

10. The Following User Says Thank You to AProudLefty For This Post:

ThatOwlWoman (05-18-2022)

11. #143 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch Uncle View Post
    I doubt he can help himself. It comes so naturally to him. At first I thought he was a Legion sock but he's to dumb even for the Gimp.
    One of Lesion's slavish fangrrl's said the other day that Lesion doesn't have socks; he has "alternate accounts." Kelly Anne, is that you?
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals." -- Mark Twain

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ThatOwlWoman For This Post:

AProudLefty (05-18-2022), Doc Dutch (05-18-2022)

13. #144 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 96 Times in 88 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AProudLefty View Post
    People who protest in front of private residences in Florida can face jail time and fines under a bill signed by Republican Gov. Ron DeSantis

TALLAHASSEE, Fla. -- Anyone who protests in front of a private residence in Florida can face jail time and fines under a bill Republican Gov. Ron DeSantis signed Monday.

The legislation makes it a second-degree misdemeanor to protest in a manner that is aimed at intentionally harassing or disturbing someone in their home. Violators face 60 days in jail and fines of up to $500.

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/wire...antis-84762843

Wow he doesn't even pretend. He truly is a fascist. People being thrown in jail for exercising their First Amendment rights?

I predict many people will be protesting in front of his house to spite him. They won't be enough rooms in jail.
    Man, I don't give a F what you do in Fla....if you black or brown and you piss off white ppl, the next damn day, the Nazi got a law against you. Thank the Cubans for this guy, they love him.

14. #145 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 62 Times in 55 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by goat View Post
    Stun grenades were being used on people walking to the capitol. You decided they were nazis and got what they deserved.
    I decided they were criminals -- which, as you know, is true. I'd certainly have preferred if they could have been convinced to leave without any rough means. Unfortunately, more than a few of them were after blood, and the police had hard choices to make. Fortunately, the way things turned out, most of the rioters ended up leaving completely unharmed, and the only ones who faced the roughest treatment were the ones literally breaking through the barriers at fall-back positions and putting our representatives' lives in danger. Thank goodness they were stopped.

[The capitol is public property]

That doesn't mean anyone is allowed anywhere, obviously. Every US military base is also public property. So are the evidence lockers at police facilities, and the inside of super-max prisons, and national nuclear research labs, the vault at Fort Knox, every US Navy ship, and so on. The fact we collectively own those places does not mean that We the People have decided that any individual person is allowed to wander around there any time he wants. We have set up rules. If, say, you decide you want to waltz into the hangers at Homey Airport (Area 51), without authorization, expect to be stopped, even if you're just on a peaceful photo-taking outing. And if you show up with thousands of your buddies and force your way through security barriers, expect to face increasingly harsh measures to disperse the crowd.

15. #146 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 62 Times in 55 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by zymurgy View Post
    my link deals with court cases that overturned limits to private business property.

Wouldn't it be better to post cases that were on point? Your lack of focus really derails any hope of having a meaningful discussion here.

You tried. You pretended that the Sons of Liberty would of rejected states power to ban this - they would of understood that states could ban this
    First, a pet peeve: it's "would have." "Would of" just sounds silly.

Anyway, I didn't say a word about whether the Sons of Liberty would have rejected state power to ban this. Reread.

you are a liar - they respected their states - they feared the federal government having too much power.
    What lie do you think I told? Be specific, please.

Again - courts will allow this.
    We'll see.

We did not fight a war to prevent states from legislating accordingly
    Right now, the movement is in the opposite direction -- for example, the five arch-conservatives on the high court, in 2010, for the first time, decided that the second amendment applies against the states (something that had been true with regard to the first amendment for many generations, but had never been considered true with regard to the second until then). I can't rule out the Supreme Court effectively reversing course and overturning generations of precedent by saying the first amendment no longer applies to the states. With this pack of clowns, anything is possible. But it's hard to picture what nonsense they would pen to try to justify that reversal.

16. #147 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mina View Post
    I decided they were criminals -- which, as you know, is true. I'd certainly have preferred if they could have been convinced to leave without any rough means. Unfortunately, more than a few of them were after blood, and the police had hard choices to make. Fortunately, the way things turned out, most of the rioters ended up leaving completely unharmed, and the only ones who faced the roughest treatment were the ones literally breaking through the barriers at fall-back positions and putting our representatives' lives in danger. Thank goodness they were stopped.

[The capitol is public property]

That doesn't mean anyone is allowed anywhere, obviously. Every US military base is also public property. So are the evidence lockers at police facilities, and the inside of super-max prisons, and national nuclear research labs, the vault at Fort Knox, every US Navy ship, and so on. The fact we collectively own those places does not mean that We the People have decided that any individual person is allowed to wander around there any time he wants. We have set up rules. If, say, you decide you want to waltz into the hangers at Homey Airport (Area 51), without authorization, expect to be stopped, even if you're just on a peaceful photo-taking outing. And if you show up with thousands of your buddies and force your way through security barriers, expect to face increasingly harsh measures to disperse the crowd.
    The RWers would be perfectly happy with that as long as the crowd was composed of people they don't like. I.e., BLM, anti-war protesters, libtards, etc.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to ThatOwlWoman For This Post:

Mina (05-18-2022)

18. #148 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

One of Lesion's slavish fangrrl's said the other day that Lesion doesn't have socks; he has "alternate accounts." Kelly Anne, is that you?
    LOL Was liquor involved or just lust?

19. #149 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by tigerred59 View Post
    Man, I don't give a F what you do in Fla....if you black or brown and you piss off white ppl, the next damn day, the Nazi got a law against you. Thank the Cubans for this guy, they love him.
    ROFLMAO. I love it when an elderly Euro-American male tries to speak Ebonics.

20. #150 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,556 Times in 2,630 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 217 Times in 212 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mina View Post
    Wouldn't it be better to post cases that were on point? Your lack of focus really derails any hope of having a meaningful discussion here.
    on point - like upholding the right to harrass me outside of my place of residence?

you find such a case - good luck

Anyway, I didn't say a word about whether the Sons of Liberty would have rejected state power to ban this. Reread.
    you reread shit head. you claimed this is exactly what they feared. They did not fear the state doing this - they agreed with it.

What lie do you think I told? Be specific, please.
    I was specific retard. they did not fear their state - you claimed this is exactly what they feared - a state having the power to do this - is a huge lie. you are a huge liar.

also a retard for making me explain something so obvious over and over