Page 9 of 29 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Thread: Are you concerned about replacement?

1. #121 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,135 Times in 9,663 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 504 Times in 477 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch Uncle View Post
    Sorry but good luck getting a factual reply, with or without argumentum ad hominem. He doesn't know and he doesn't have the personality or education to best convey it even if he did.

As for the nation, that's much more complex. First, all nations are hurting because of the pandemic. Only Americans seem to think it's all about them.

Second, Trump was elected. He couldn't have been elected in 2000, 2004, 2008, or 2012 so why was 2016 different. People can blame the Russians all day long but that doesn't explain why Trump won the Republican nomination in the first place. Everyone knows the reason Hillary won her nomination was because she owned the DNC. Literally. LOL

BTW, anyone who argues "the fucking Russians" is admitting that Obama didn't do shit about it for eight fucking years.

It was a long road to get this screwed up as a nation, to become so divided. What is the best direction back to unity?
    the negative effects of trade with china have now become glaringly obvious.

that's why trump won.

That's why he will win again.

you dems could win if you stopped pushing globalist stupidity.

but you're corrupt and evil.

and you dutch uncle eat about a bag of fully adult dicks a day.

2. #122 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 62 Times in 55 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by AssHatZombie View Post
    no. not right.
    Yes, it is right -- I provided the exact poverty data. The Census publishes it, so you can confirm I'm right yourself, if you're skeptical:

https://www.census.gov/data/tables/t...ty-people.html

comparing two different 20 year periods of a countries history is not worthwhile because there are too many factors.
    There are plenty of factors. But the reality is the anti-free-trade propagandists made some predictions. They didn't say "well, after NAFTA and the WTO, things probably will be fine, because we'll be talking about two different periods and there are too many factors." Instead, they talked about a giant sucking sound. They predicted things would get a lot worse, even as the free-trade proponents predicted things would get better. The free-trade proponents wound up being right.

3. #123 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,496 Times in 9,086 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,427 Times in 1,256 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sailor View Post
    This all happened in one of the most progressive, liberal, blue states in the country. With some of the toughest gun laws. As usual you are barking up the wrong tree.
    DH, I'm not referring to just Buffalo, but the whole country where there are these minorities!, especially where you have bastions of white supremacy and MAGA filth?!!

4. #124 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mina View Post
    Yes, it is right -- I provided the exact poverty data. The Census publishes it, so you can confirm I'm right yourself, if you're skeptical:

https://www.census.gov/data/tables/t...ty-people.html

There are plenty of factors. But the reality is the anti-free-trade propagandists made some predictions. They didn't say "well, after NAFTA and the WTO, things probably will be fine, because we'll be talking about two different periods and there are too many factors." Instead, they talked about a giant sucking sound. They predicted things would get a lot worse, even as the free-trade proponents predicted things would get better. The free-trade proponents wound up being right.
    no. they're totally wrong.

the middle class has been and is being decimated.

but keep lying.

and keep losing.

be my guest.

5. #125 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,030 Times in 12,560 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,404 Times in 1,348 Posts
    Blog Entries

I am concerned that the people who run America have opened the borders and give those here illegally more privileges than they do citizens, especially white citizens, especially men.

This is the road to certain disaster.
    This illegal illegitimate regime that runs America is at fault...not me.... they do not represent me and I have long objected to their crimes against humanity.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hawkeye10 For This Post:

cancel2 2022 (05-16-2022), Hermes Thoth (05-16-2022)

7. #126 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Sorry but good luck getting a factual reply, with or without argumentum ad hominem. He doesn't know and he doesn't have the personality or education to best convey it even if he did.

As for the nation, that's much more complex. First, all nations are hurting because of the pandemic. Only Americans seem to think it's all about them.

Second, Trump was elected. He couldn't have been elected in 2000, 2004, 2008, or 2012 so why was 2016 different.
    Well, we don't really know if he could have been elected in those prior years. His problem, in the past, is that he was trying to build political momentum as a Democrat, and the Democrats have a tendency to neuter and marginalize their flakes. For example, consider another race-baiting media-whore New Yorker with stupid hair and a meager intellect, who first made a political name for himself by wading into the wrong side of a controversial violent crime case in the Big Apple back in the 1980's (that description applies equally well to Donald Trump and Al Sharpton). Sharpton tried to ride NY media notoriety to the Democratic nomination and was shown the door, as many clowns before him had been. Trump gave up on advancing as a Democrat and moved over to the clown-show side of the aisle, and only then succeeded.

Everyone knows the reason Hillary won her nomination was because she owned the DNC.
    I know nothing of the sort. I think she won because she ran a strong campaign that made her more popular with actual voters than her opponent. In fact, that's the seventh time she did that (counting her senate primaries and general elections, both her presidential primaries, and her one presidential election. Although she lost two of those races, thanks to delegates/electors, she got the popular vote every single time.

BTW, anyone who argues "the fucking Russians" is admitting that Obama didn't do shit about it for eight fucking years.
    What, exactly, was he supposed to do?

As for the best road back to unity, I'm not terribly hopeful for the foreseeable future. The Baby Boomers are smack dab in the middle of the years when people's IQ's drop, and so it's reasonable to expect them to get dumber and dumber, on average -- more easily confused by disinformation, and more easily panicked by fear-mongering demagogues. Until that generation has largely died of, isn't it reasonable to think things are likely to keep getting worse, in terms of our political culture?

8. #127 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,971 Times in 14,557 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 949 Times in 933 Posts
    Blog Entries

Replacement theory is a conspiracy theory that the left invented. I don't know anyone that is worried about it.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/10/29/o...rian-kemp.html
    IMPEACH 46 FOR TREASON
    Biden/Harris 2024
    IT'S A NO BRAINER!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to ExpressLane For This Post:

cancel2 2022 (05-16-2022)

10. #128 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Well, we don't really know if he could have been elected in those prior years. His problem, in the past, is that he was trying to build political momentum as a Democrat, and the Democrats have a tendency to neuter and marginalize their flakes. For example, consider another race-baiting New Yorker with stupid hair and a low IQ, who first made a political name for himself by wading into the wrong side of a controversial violent crime case in the Big Apple back in the 1980's (that description applies equally well to Donald Trump and Al Sharpton). Sharpton tried to ride NY media notoriety to the Democratic nomination and was shown the door, as many clowns before him had been. Trump gave up on advancing as a Democrat and moved over to the clown-show side of the aisle, and only then succeeded.

I know nothing of the sort. I think she won because she ran a strong campaign that made her more popular with actual voters than her opponent. In fact, that's the seventh time she did that (counting her senate primaries and general elections, both her presidential primaries, and her one presidential election. Although she lost two of those races, thanks to delegates/electors, she got the popular vote every single time.

As for the best road back to unity, I'm not terribly hopeful in the foreseeable future. The Baby Boomers are smack dab in the middle of the years when people's IQ's drop, and so it's reasonable to expect them to get dumber and dumber, on average -- more easily confused by disinformation, and more easily panicked by fear-mongering demagogues. Until that generation has largely died of, isn't it reasonable to think things are likely to keep getting worse, in terms of our political culture?
    totally wrong.

it's only recently that the real effects of globalization zealtory can be seen.

the financiers have been able to paper over the DECEPTIONS in their plan with fake money and bubble-crafting, but even fiat currency comes to an end of it's effectiveness.

all fiat currencies in history have failed.

dutch uncle cannot help your paltry globalist arguments.

11. #129 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 82,560 Times in 52,766 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,657 Times in 4,376 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SmarterthanYou View Post
    I fail to see how a newly created culture where everyone basically looks the same and believes the same 'sounds like utopia'.............where did all that diversity go?
    It's a Utopia if you aren't having to hear about or experience bigotry based on your appearance or religion or accent constantly, eh?
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals." -- Mark Twain

12. #130 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 68,648 Times in 51,929 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,506 Times in 2,463 Posts
    Blog Entries

Well, we don't really know if he could have been elected in those prior years. His problem, in the past, is that he was trying to build political momentum as a Democrat, and the Democrats have a tendency to neuter and marginalize their flakes. For example, consider another race-baiting media-whore New Yorker with stupid hair and a meager intellect, who first made a political name for himself by wading into the wrong side of a controversial violent crime case in the Big Apple back in the 1980's (that description applies equally well to Donald Trump and Al Sharpton). Sharpton tried to ride NY media notoriety to the Democratic nomination and was shown the door, as many clowns before him had been. Trump gave up on advancing as a Democrat and moved over to the clown-show side of the aisle, and only then succeeded.

As for the best road back to unity, I'm not terribly hopeful in the foreseeable future. The Baby Boomers are smack dab in the middle of the years when people's IQ's drop, and so it's reasonable to expect them to get dumber and dumber, on average -- more easily confused by disinformation, and more easily panicked by fear-mongering demagogues. Until that generation has largely died of, isn't it reasonable to think things are likely to keep getting worse, in terms of our political culture?
    Clearly you are a staunch Democrat so we'll have to agree to disagree on Ms. Clinton.

The President's job includes being Commander in Chief. Trump clearly fucked up his duties, if not actually commit treason. None of which has anything to do with President Obama's responsibilities to protect the US from Russian cyber attacks. As the link below proves, he was clearly aware of the problem.

Also, Obama and the Democrats mocked Romney in 2012 for stating that Russia was a threat. Remember when Obama quipped “And the 1980s are now calling to ask for their foreign policy back”? Wow, eh? LOL

May 29, 2009
    https://obamawhitehouse.archives.gov...infrastructure
    Remarks by the President on Securing Our Nation's Cyber Infrastructure
    THE PRESIDENT: Everybody, please be seated. We meet today at a transformational moment -- a moment in history when our interconnected world presents us, at once, with great promise but also great peril.
    Now, over the past four months my administration has taken decisive steps to seize the promise and confront these perils. We're working to recover from a global recession while laying a new foundation for lasting prosperity. We're strengthening our armed forces as they fight two wars, at the same time we're renewing American leadership to confront unconventional challenges, from nuclear proliferation to terrorism, from climate change to pandemic disease. And we're bringing to government -- and to this White House -- unprecedented transparency and accountability and new ways for Americans to participate in their democracy.

https://www.boston.com/news/politics...-didnt-forget/
    In 2012, Mitt Romney was mocked for seeing Russia as a threat.
    Nearly 10 years ago, soon after former Gov. Mitt Romney settled into his third debate against then-President Barack Obama, he was quickly painted by his presidential opponent as being out of touch — especially with foreign policy.

“A few months ago, when you were asked what’s the biggest geopolitical threat facing America, you said Russia. Not al Qaeda. You said Russia,” Obama told him.

“And the 1980s are now calling to ask for their foreign policy back,” he quipped.

https://www.cnn.com/videos/world/202...h-sotu-vpx.cnn
    Romney has been warning about Putin for 10 years. Here's what he says now
    God bless America and those who defend our Constitution.

"Hatred is a failure of imagination" - Graham Greene, "The Power and the Glory"

13. #131 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,674 Times in 14,047 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,136 Times in 1,080 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jarod View Post
    According to polling data about a third of Republicans are concerned about the possibility that due to immigration and birth rates traditionally American European culture will be replaced by other growing currently minority cultures in the United States.

Are you actively concerned about this? If so, why? And what would you have be done about it?
    Not really. Latinos tend to be far more religious than contemporary white Americans.

14. #132 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

it's only recently that the real effects of globalization zealtory can be seen.
    Why would that be? Remember, the big changes to the law happened in 1993. And that is reflected in big changes in trade in the era immediately following that. According to the WTO, global merchandise exports rose from 3,794,694 million $US in 1993 to 18,959,331 million $US in 2013.... an annualized expansion of 8.4%. By comparison, as of 2021, the same figure is 22,283,819 million $US, which means more recently the expansion has been at an annualized pace of just 2.0%.

So, to recap, as one would fully expect, the period directly after those big trade liberalization policies was a period of extremely rapid growth of global trade -- in fact, a period when it was happening over four times as rapidly as it has been more recently.

https://stats.wto.org/

So, again, what makes you think the "real effects" can only be seen recently? Why would it be that things improved for years and years during a period of extraordinary global trade growth, but then almost three decades later, we started to see the "real effects"?

15. #133 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 68,648 Times in 51,929 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,506 Times in 2,463 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gin Saké View Post
    Not really. Latinos tend to be far more religious than contemporary white Americans.
    After losing the 2012 election the Republicans commissioned the Growth & Opportunity Project. It identified that the best and largest group of people to easily recruit for the Republican Party were religious, family oriented and very traditional...they were also Hispanic. The Republicans blew off the results spurred by the Evangelistas and White Supremacists. It was then that I realized the GOP was dead and the Republican Party I knew no longer existed.

They did it to themselves.
    God bless America and those who defend our Constitution.

"Hatred is a failure of imagination" - Graham Greene, "The Power and the Glory"

16. #134 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,674 Times in 14,047 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,136 Times in 1,080 Posts

After losing the 2012 election the Republicans commissioned the Growth & Opportunity Project. It identified that the best and largest group of people to easily recruit for the Republican Party were religious, family oriented and very traditional...they were also Hispanic. The Republicans blew off the results spurred by the Evangelistas and White Supremacists. It was then that I realized the GOP was dead and the Republican Party I knew no longer existed.

They did it to themselves.
    Well, the numbers from 2016-2020 confirmed the data.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Minister of Truth For This Post:

cancel2 2022 (05-16-2022)

18. #135 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

the middle class has been and is being decimated.
    What makes you think that? GThe data I shared was for poverty, which impacts those of the lower-middle-class who were falling below that threshold and into poverty before the era of WTO and NAFTA. The middle-class was shrinking back then, as the ranks of the poor grew. Since NAFTA and WTO came along, the middle class has grown, as more people have managed to climb out of poverty.

But maybe you're thinking about the true middle class, rather than those teetering near poverty. Well, we have data on that, too:

https://fred.stlouisfed.org/series/MEFAINUSA672N

In the 20 years before NAFTA and WTO, real median family income went from $62,929 to $65,377. That's an increase of 3.9% in 20 years... barely anything at all. By 2013, it was $72,869. That's up 11.5% over 20 years.

So, now that you know that the middle class was advancing about three times as faster after those trade deals as before, does it cause you to reexamine your assumptions?