Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920 LastLast

Thread: Multiple people shot at grocery store in upstate New York, police say one suspect tak

1. #256 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 69,430 Times in 52,454 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,513 Times in 2,470 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Althea View Post
    A Nazi doesn't need mental health help. He needs to stop watching Fox news.

If you can highlight anything in my post that suggests banning guns, that would be helpful.
    Do you support Clinton's, and later Obama's, gun control bills? Yes or no, please.

If yes, then you support gun bans.
    God bless America and those who defend our Constitution.

"Hatred is a failure of imagination" - Graham Greene, "The Power and the Glory"

2. #257 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,033 Times in 14,528 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,387 Times in 1,305 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch Uncle View Post
    Meh. All Authoritarians are assholes. Fuck them. Banning books, food, drugs, guns, etc as a "Path to Freedom" makes a much sense as Bombing for Peace and Fucking for Virginity.
    There is absolutely no reason for what people call 'assault type' weapons to be in public. Wanna play with them at the range? I'm sure that can be worked out.

I believe the language in the original assault weapon ban spoke to any rifle that isn't used for hunting.

I'm fascinated that people are getting murdered en masse. It's exactly the society we want. I'm not sure why everyone complains? What other use do these weapons have other than mass killing?
    Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

3. #258 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,033 Times in 14,528 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,387 Times in 1,305 Posts

Do you support Clinton's, and later Obama's, gun control bills? Yes or no, please.

If yes, then you support gun bans.
    Sorry. That nonsense works when you go after the assholes here for days on end.

You stated that my posts support a ban on guns.

We'll all wait while you scour the internet for one.
    Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

4. #259 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Althea View Post
    There is absolutely no reason for what people call 'assault type' weapons to be in public. Wanna play with them at the range? I'm sure that can be worked out.

I believe the language in the original assault weapon ban spoke to any rifle that isn't used for hunting.

I'm fascinated that people are getting murdered en masse. It's exactly the society we want. I'm not sure why everyone complains? What other use do these weapons have other than mass killing?
    Brandishing is against the law. Do you really want to set someone up who bought a rifle and is busted carrying it to their car?

I use my SKS and AK-47 for hunting. You can be sure the magazines are 2/3s full on the AK. LOL

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Doc Dutch For This Post:

Althea (05-18-2022)

6. #260 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,109 Times in 12,635 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,443 Times in 1,387 Posts
    Blog Entries

Brandishing is against the law. Do you really want to set someone up who bought a rifle and is busted carrying it to their car?

I use my SKS and AK-47 for hunting. You can be sure the magazines are 2/3s full on the AK. LOL
    Laws must be evenly applied to be just. If they are unjust then I am under no obligation to follow them.

Something the WOKE might have learned.

Never did.
    I choose my own words like the Americans of olden times........before this dystopia arrived.

DARK AGES SUCK!

7. #261 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye10 View Post
    Laws must be evenly applied to be just. If they are unjust then I am under no obligation to follow them.

Something the WOKE might have learned.

Never did.
    Are you going to attack a Taiwanese church to make your point?

8. #262 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,109 Times in 12,635 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,443 Times in 1,387 Posts
    Blog Entries

Are you going to attack a Taiwanese church to make your point?
    Pricks like you are approaching a reckoning.
    I choose my own words like the Americans of olden times........before this dystopia arrived.

DARK AGES SUCK!

9. #263 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye10 View Post
    Pricks like you are approaching a reckoning.
    Who will do the reckoning? Crazed PRC agents attacking innocent people?

10. #264 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,726 Times in 4,159 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,366 Times in 1,291 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by FreeSpeech1789 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by archives View Post
    Yep, just what we need is more guns out there, this is what happens when any dimwit or idiot with a beef has easy access to the gun of his choice

As I noted earlier, getting so that any interaction with anybody anywhere is dangerous given there is a good chance the other individual is packing

Guns don't kill people, Democrat run cities kill people.
    I can't believe you trotted out that incredibly stupid mantra from the LaPierre era NRA ... with a MAGA spin added.

Your boy lived out his Turner Diaries fantasy... he thinks he's a martyr to "the cause", live streaming his atrocity to show the way. All that is going to get him is life in prison. He chose a weapon that would be most efficient...a weapon that was previously banned on the 1994 AWB. He chose the weapon to efficiently kill people. Without that weapon, his body count wouldn't exist.

And newsflash for ya, genius. Murders, rape, pedophiles, gang killings, home to mass shooters, etc., happen in and originate in red states too. Get real and stop making excuses for a POS racist murderer.
    During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.

George Orwell

11. #265 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Capitalist View Post
    MAGA is doing cartwheels and high-fives in their MAGA meetings because of the massacre.
    1/3 are outright
    1/3 agree in secret
    1/3 are appalled, because they stupidly think that their screeds don't lead to this.
    During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.

George Orwell

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Taichiliberal For This Post:

Joe Capitalist (05-18-2022)

13. #266 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Originally Posted by Taichiliberal View Post
    You're putting words in my mouth, especially since I ALSO advocated national gun registry across the board. Just because I didn't say, "let's put more $$ and improvement in our mental health institutions" means that I'm against it or dismiss it.

Remember when the guy who shot up the Virginia Tech school? He already was on the docket for previous mental health issues, yet the lag time from the hospital or doctor's office to the background check done by the gun seller fell through the cracks. And of course, you know how the gunners and the gunner lobby just hate a universal background check linked to a mental health data base (privacy issues - like they give a damn when it comes to abortion - but I digress).

I say all three suggestions are the best way to curtail this tragic syndrome in our nation. I don't think you'll disagree on that.

Disagreed; you were quoting the standard Democrat mantra on gun-control and I was reiterating the standard result of the Democratic agenda.

All of the mass shooters of note were known to be wackadoodles: Jared Loughner, James Holmes, Adam Lanzo, Nikolas Cruz and James Hodgkinson to name a few. Now add Payton Gendron to that list.

IIRC, a "mass shooting" is three or more people shot with a BB gun or larger so gang-bangers are included in the numbers, but it's shootings like this that cause a public outcry and which the Democrats use to push their gun control agenda. Why is banning guns their FIRST plan and not better mental health care?

Why are nutjobs like those listed above allowed to have firearms? Why were they not treated before they committed mass murder and ruined their own lives?
    No I did not...you're obviously trying to pick a fight where there is none.

There have been about 128 mass shootings in America since 1982. Here's the breakdown https://www.motherjones.com/politics...nes-full-data/

There has been advocacy for gun control regarding "gang violence" forever ... the most notable faces were Community activists, Al Sharpton, Jesse Jackson. But it took Brady getting caught in crossfire to get any real Capitol Hill action going. Do the research if you don't believe me. Sad, isn't it?

Like it or not, the proof is in the pudding. Since the sunset of the 1994 AWB, you've had weapons that were on that list purchased and used in multiple mass shootings. Yes, other weapons could and can and have been used in murders and such...but you can't deny the reality.
    Last edited by Taichiliberal; 05-17-2022 at 08:13 PM.

George Orwell

14. #267 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Taichiliberal View Post
    No I did not...you're obviously trying to pick a fight where there is none.

There have been about 128 mass shootings in America since 1982. Here's the breakdown https://www.motherjones.com/politics...nes-full-data/

There has been advocacy for gun control regarding "gang violence" forever ... the most notable faces were Community activists, Al Sharpton, Jesse Jackson. But it took Brady getting caught in crossfire to get any real Capitol Hill action going. Do the research if you don't believe me. Sad, isn't it?

Like it or not, the proof is in the pudding. Since the sunset of the 1994 AWB, you've had weapons that were on that list purchased and used in multiple mass shootings. Yes, other weapons could and can and have been used in murders and such...but you can't deny the reality.
    Banning guns instead of focusing on the mental health aspects is the standard Democratic answer.

15. #268 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Earl View Post
    You don’t get to decide whether we need more or less guns out there, Anchovies.

The Second Amendment has already decided that issue and “DC vs, Heller” codified it.

The far left Democrats own violence in America with their riots, looting, burning, assaults and murders.

Poor Anchovies.
    Man, you gunners are just a broken record. The reality is that DC vs. Heller did NOT prevent the US Congress from passing laws that prevent specific weapons from circulating in the public forum. That's why you don't have full automatic weapons, military issue weapons, or a WW2 .50 caliber mounted on top of your garage.

Your last sentence is pure MAGA BS. Gendron used a weapon that was previously on the banned....he chose that weapon for it's effectiveness..just like a lot of recent mass shooters chose the AR-15 .... because these weapons do exactly what they are designed to do, which is giving an amateur high accuracy and easy trigger pull/low recoil when assaulting a group. Deal with it.

George Orwell

16. #269 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Republicans, indeed, are part of the problem but the Democrats are part of the problem too because of their focus as you pointed out. The Demoratic solution to gang-bangers and nujobs are gun banning.

IMO, that's as stupid as solving the illegal immigration problem with a fucking wall.
    Gun control is NOT just about banning guns.

For years I've stated that if guns were treated like cars in this country, you would have a great reduction in gun related murders. Gunners, the NRA and the manufacturers are seriously against universal background checks, registration and data bases. Go figure.

George Orwell

17. #270 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Taichiliberal View Post
    Gun control is NOT just about banning guns.

For years I've stated that if guns were treated like cars in this country, you would have a great reduction in gun related murders. Gunners, the NRA and the manufacturers are seriously against universal background checks, registration and data bases. Go figure.
    Thanks for admitting it includes banning guns.

The Democrats don't give a shit about Robin Williams, Kate Spade and Anthony Bourdain because they didn't kill themselves with a gun.