1. #181 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,110 Times in 12,635 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,444 Times in 1,388 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ExpressLane View Post
    My house is a comfortable 72Degrees
    I am convinced the ERCOT managers did a shit job during the last crisis.....do you have the sense that they have brought in more competent people?
    I choose my own words like the Americans of olden times........before this dystopia arrived.

DARK AGES SUCK!

2. #182 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,041 Times in 6,685 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 543 Times in 519 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Walt View Post
    But if the Jewish space lasers put out fires, would Majorie give them their due credit?
    No, you've got it wrong. According to our brain trust, MTG, the Jews used their space lasers to start those CA wildfires, don't you know?

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LurchAddams For This Post:

evince (05-15-2022), Into the Night (05-16-2022)

4. #183 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

You Libratard believe that kind of stuff.
    MTG is a libtard? You'd better tell her! And also QAnon, you know that website you're on all day. You should know that's where that "Jewish Space Laser" bullshit came from.

I'm happy to keep you informed my friend. Please come to me if you require any further assistance.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to LurchAddams For This Post:

evince (05-15-2022)

6. #184 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,180 Times in 14,715 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 952 Times in 936 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye10 View Post
    I am convinced the ERCOT managers did a shit job during the last crisis.....do you have the sense that they have brought in more competent people?
    Yes and I think they are being over cautious . I'm not really worried because I have a 8,000 watt Generac that I have setup to run the house. I did it because we have tornado that can knock down lines and transmission station and interrupt power. My brother had his power out for 3 weeks because of a hurricane/tornado it took out the transmission station near him. I loaned my brother my Generac and he liked it so well he bought himself one. My Generac can run my master bedroom and my regenerators and freezer. I converted it to run on natural gas so I don't have to find gasoline for it. I like Generac because they make their own motors here in America.
    Last edited by ExpressLane; 05-15-2022 at 04:38 PM.
    IMPEACH 46 FOR TREASON
    Biden/Harris 2024
    IT'S A NO BRAINER!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to ExpressLane For This Post:

Into the Night (05-16-2022)

8. #185 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LurchAddams View Post
    MTG is a libtard? You'd better tell her! And also QAnon, you know that website you're on all day. You should know that's where that "Jewish Space Laser" bullshit came from.

I'm happy to keep you informed my friend. Please come to me if you require any further assistance.
    But you libratards made it up. It was a plant!
    Last edited by ExpressLane; 05-15-2022 at 04:36 PM.
    IMPEACH 46 FOR TREASON
    Biden/Harris 2024
    IT'S A NO BRAINER!

9. The Following User Groans At ExpressLane For This Awful Post:

LurchAddams (05-15-2022)

10. #186 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Yes and I think they are being over cautious . I'm not really worried because I have a 8,000 watt Generac that I have setup to run the house. I did it because we have tornado that can knock down lines and transmission station and interrupt power. My brother his his power out for 3 weeks because of a hurricane it took out the transmission station near him. I loaned my brother my Generac and he liked it so well he bought himself one. My Generac can run my master bedroom and my regenerators and freezer. I converted it to run on natural gas so I don't have to find gasoline for it. I like Generac because they make their own motors here in America.
    My brother says that a tied in natural gas system to run the entire house in Corpus would set him back $13-15K.....what do you figure your solution would cost him? How hard is that conversion?
    I choose my own words like the Americans of olden times........before this dystopia arrived.

DARK AGES SUCK!

11. #187 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

But you libratards made it up.
    Dude, I didn't think recreational weed was legal yet in TX! What have you been smoking and- more importantly - are you willing to share?

12. #188 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

My brother says that a tied in natural gas system to run the entire house in Corpus would set him back $13-15K.....what do you figure your solution would cost him? How hard is that conversion?
    The conversion was simple took about an hour. You need a flexible gas hose mine in a pretty large hose . My generator was about 1,200 then a plug receptacle and box about 125 Then about 300 for an electrician to hook it up to the house circuit. And then 250 for a plumber to put a quick connect receptacle and valve on the gas meter area. it was about two grand. So in all two grand . It will not do all my house but it gets the critical areas and prevents a freezer meltdown. The same Generac will power my brother's entire house except he can't run his electric oven and electric hot water heater at the same time.
    IMPEACH 46 FOR TREASON
    Biden/Harris 2024
    IT'S A NO BRAINER!

13. #189 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

The conversion was simple took about an hour. You need a flexible gas hose mine in a pretty large hose . My generator was about 1,200 then a plug receptacle and box about 125 Then about 300 for an electrician to hook it up to the house circuit. And then 250 for a plumber to put a quick connect receptacle and valve on the gas meter area. it was about two grand. So in all two grand . It will not do all my house but it gets the critical areas and prevents a freezer meltdown. The same Generac will power my brother's entire house except he can't run his electric oven and electric hot water heater at the same time.
    Is it safe to run with no one home? The plan to evacuate to San Antonio in the event of a hurricane, his wife's sister lives there. By the time they could get back down and start it up the food would already be bad. But he has zero faith in the people who run the grid, he might want to do it anyways.

I am thinking of suggesting your idea, he wants to do something but he is taking huge loses on his investments, his wife is dying, he retired to take care of her, and likely will live another 25-30 years, he is trying to conserve money...cant justify $15k.

EDIT: I should mention that he lives directly on Oso Bay.

DARK AGES SUCK!

14. #190 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,340 Times in 8,498 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,701 Times in 2,506 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LurchAddams View Post
    No, you've got it wrong. According to our brain trust, MTG, the Jews used their space lasers to start those CA wildfires, don't you know?
    I was making a joke. I know Jewish space lasers do not start or put out forrest fires, the Jewish space lasers are too busy stealing money from the international bankers, but if the Jewish space lasers did put out fires, MTG would never give them credit for that.

The real question is why am I repeatedly making jokes that are not funny, and no one, but me, finds funny. I think I will be making these jokes all the way till MTG puts me in the gas chamber.
    Daniel Patrick Moynihan said it best, "You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
    Paul Begala, "Politics is show business for ugly people."
    Stephen Colbert, "Reality has a well known liberal bias."
    trump is a child rapist. We all know it.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Walt For This Post:

LurchAddams (05-15-2022)

16. #191 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Is it safe to run with no one home? The plan to evacuate to San Antonio in the event of a hurricane, his wife's sister lives there. By the time they could get back down and start it up the food would already be bad. But he has zero faith in the people who run the grid, he might want to do it anyways.

I am thinking of suggesting your idea, he wants to do something but he is taking huge loses on his investments, his wife is dying, he retired to take care of her, and likely will live another 25-30 years, he is trying to conserve money...cant justify $15k.

EDIT: I should mention that he lives directly on Oso Bay.
    Well it should run for days unattended because the natural gas. But I personally wouldn't want it more than a week unattended. My brother had it on continuously for about 2.5 weeks but he checked on it daily but didn't need to do any thing. Also you can switch between natural gas and gasoline without modification once you install the natural gas regulator on the generator. I bought my Generac from Lowes and ordered the conversion kit hose and electrical hook up on line. Also if your brother is handy its not hard to install a gas valve on the gas pipe that comes from the meter to the house.

Also the Generac 8,000 wat is push button start.
    Last edited by ExpressLane; 05-15-2022 at 06:19 PM.
    IMPEACH 46 FOR TREASON
    Biden/Harris 2024
    IT'S A NO BRAINER!

17. The Following User Says Thank You to ExpressLane For This Post:

Into the Night (05-16-2022)

18. #192 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Well it should run for days unattended because the natural gas. But I personally wouldn't want it more than a week unattended. My brother had it on continuously for about 2.5 weeks but he checked on it daily but didn't need to do any thing. Also you can switch between natural gas and gasoline without modification once you install the natural gas regulator on the generator. I bought my Generac from Lowes and ordered the conversion kit hose and electrical hook up on line. Also if your brother is handy its not hard to install a gas valve on the gas pipe that comes from the meter to the house.
    Thank you for all of your help.

DARK AGES SUCK!

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Hawkeye10 For This Post:

ExpressLane (05-15-2022)

20. #193 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,858 Times in 3,138 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 124 Times in 122 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Into the Night View Post
    The Texas grid didn't fail. It became overloaded due to unforeseen circumstances tied to usual maintenance schedules and unusually hot weather, causing people to use their air conditioning systems more.
    It's not normally this hot in Texas this time of year.
    It was unusually hot in (at least part of) Wisconsin too. The station at the Dane County Regional Airport recorded a high temp of 93 degrees on Thursday May 12th, and for a few days around that time the highs were either at or very close to 90 degrees. For context, that's usually about the hottest that this airport station ever gets even during the summer season.

See?! Global Warming is DEFINITELY a problem!

21. #194 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,129 Times in 11,701 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,366 Times in 1,352 Posts
    Blog Entries

They absolutely refuse to take responsibility, and instead blame some sort of international Jewish conspiracy for their failures.

I wonder what they will say as the good news starts stacking up. Was it an international conspiracy of Jews that created the good news?
    You are describing Democrats.
    "The atmosphere is among the factors that determines the Earth's atmosphere." --ZenMode
    "Donald has failed in almost every endeavor he has attempted. " --floridafan
    "Abortion is not a moral issue. " --BidenPresident
    "Propaganda can also be factual." --Flash
    "Even after being vaccinated, you shed virus particles." --Jerome
    "no slavery is forcing another into labor" -archives
    "Evs are much safer from fires" -- Nordberg
    "Abortion has killed no one." -- LurchAddams

22. #195 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,129 Times in 11,701 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,366 Times in 1,352 Posts
    Blog Entries

The Texas grid is ERCOT. There is no secret part of the Texas grid in New York City.
    ERCOT is defunct. It only ran part of the Texas grid.
    "The atmosphere is among the factors that determines the Earth's atmosphere." --ZenMode
    "Donald has failed in almost every endeavor he has attempted. " --floridafan
    "Abortion is not a moral issue. " --BidenPresident
    "Propaganda can also be factual." --Flash
    "Even after being vaccinated, you shed virus particles." --Jerome
    "no slavery is forcing another into labor" -archives
    "Evs are much safer from fires" -- Nordberg
    "Abortion has killed no one." -- LurchAddams