Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Just for fun, who is the most famous (infamous) person you ever met

1. #31 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,454 Times in 9,909 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 867 Times in 825 Posts

Oh wait. I met Chum Lee, Rick, and Big Hoss from Pawn stars once. Chum Lee was actually pretty much just like his persona on tv. Just a big ole dufus but a nice guy. Like a big kid. Rick seemed like a jack Ass.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Stone For This Post:

Celticguy (05-23-2022)

3. #32 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Wait.....back in about 96 me and the rest of the guys on my softball team were extras in THE STUPIDEST MOVIE EVER MADE . Soooo dumb. So bad Im pretty sure it was only released on VHS. The bad DOJO guy from the karate kid was in it along with some woman from one of the better soap operas and an actor from the show " Dallas" named Steve Kanaly. He was actually a pretty nice guy. Thats where I learned how long it can take to film a movie. We were there for hours and hours and hours to film our one and only little 5 minute part in the movie. We were the opposing team that the "good guys" were playing in one of their games. The movie was originally released as " The Marksmen",...but then re released as SLIDING HOME. Lemme tell ya,....if anybody ever paid the 3 bucks to rent that thing...THEY GOT HOSED!
    Last edited by Stone; 05-18-2022 at 06:21 PM.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Stone For This Post:

Celticguy (05-23-2022)

5. #33 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,167 Times in 7,083 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,196 Times in 1,111 Posts

I've met a lot of Dallas Cowboys- Troy Aikman, Moose, Harvey Martin, just to name a few. I DJ'ed their weddings!

I've met lots of Rock Stars, too many to mention. That was mostly during my Audio/Video/Music career! But some I just met in bars and clubs, back stage album signing parties, and etc.

I met Ann Margret, Tom Ewell, Jose Ferrer, and the entire cast of the movie State Fair. My family were extras in the film.

My family was also extras in other TV episodes like Dallas, Route 66, the Fugitive so I had the opportunities to meet stars on those sets.

Edie Brickell is my step-niece- and her father was Eddie Brickell world famous Bowler! Yes, I have met Paul Simon, Edie's husband, and know him well! I taught Edie to play the guitar!

I once met Hopalong Cassidy (William Boyd) in the check-out line at Safeway in Palm Springs on vacation when I was a kid. Nice man!

I met some other actors like Debbie Reynolds, Bob Hope, Sonny Bono, over the years that my uncle was friends and neighbors with who lived in Cathedral City or Palm Springs!

I also met Rudi Jiuliani- thought he was a Prick! I worked his microphones and prompter at a money-raising event at a Dallas Hotel when he was running for president. We got into it after the event because he tried to sneak out without paying for his bill!

You meet a lot of famous people in the Audio/Video/Music business!
    Last edited by Geeko Sportivo; 05-18-2022 at 06:45 PM.

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Geeko Sportivo For This Post:

Celticguy (05-23-2022), Guno צְבִי (05-23-2022), Phantasmal (05-19-2022), Stone (05-18-2022)

7. #34 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,834 Times in 6,110 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 710 Times in 658 Posts
    Blog Entries

I'm too introverted to meet people much. My Mom however met many Red Wings hockey players while running concessions at their training camp. She also ran into Tim Allen at Church quite a while back.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jade Dragon For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (05-23-2022), Phantasmal (05-19-2022)

9. #35 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,959 Times in 6,246 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 483 Times in 453 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by guno View Post
    LBJ ad RFK during their campaigns in 62 and 67

MLK in a midtown luncheonette in 66'

Johnny Carson, Merv Griffin Dick Clark. Nipsey Russel Betsy Palmer, all in midtown restaurants/bars in the mid 60's

Gov Madeline Kunin of Vermont , she visited the company I worked for and we all went out to lunch -1986

Gov Carol Campbell of SC -1993 work related
    Good God, you must be old as fuck.

10. #36 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,539 Times in 14,028 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,451 Times in 1,370 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Life is Golden View Post
    Good God, you must be old as fuck.
    “If we have to have a choice between being dead and pitied, and being alive with a bad image, we’d rather be alive and have the bad image.”

— Golda Meir

Zionism is the movement for the self-determination and statehood for the Jewish people in their ancestral homeland, the land of Israel.

ברוך השם

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Guno צְבִי For This Post:

Mott the Hoople (05-23-2022)

12. #37 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,959 Times in 6,246 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 483 Times in 453 Posts

I was thinking you were 20 or 30 in 62. I thought you were about 80 or 90.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Life is Golden For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (05-18-2022)

14. #38 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,931 Times in 5,908 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 444 Times in 424 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Stone View Post
    Does bedding the weather girl at the little local NBC affiliate count? Naw, I imagine not.
    assuming she's cute, sure !
    "Those who vote decide nothing. Those who count the vote decide everything." Joseph Stalin
    The USA has lost WWIV to China with no other weapons but China Virus and some cash to buy democrats.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Celticguy For This Post:

Stone (05-19-2022)

16. #39 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,931 Times in 5,908 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 444 Times in 424 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jade Dragon View Post
    I'm too introverted to meet people much. My Mom however met many Red Wings hockey players while running concessions at their training camp. She also ran into Tim Allen at Church quite a while back.

My missus was a huge hockey fan and won a promotion at the local AAA hockey franchise. It was a Flyers farm team and around the same time as they were doig well With Bobby Clark and the Broad Street Bullies. She got to know a bunch of them, even babysat for a number of them.
    "Those who vote decide nothing. Those who count the vote decide everything." Joseph Stalin
    The USA has lost WWIV to China with no other weapons but China Virus and some cash to buy democrats.

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Celticguy For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (05-23-2022), Phantasmal (05-19-2022), Stone (05-19-2022)

18. #40 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Celticguy View Post
    assuming she's cute, sure !
    Longgggggg time ago but yeah,...not too bad!

19. #41 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,051 Times in 26,519 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,742 Times in 4,521 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Stone View Post
    Wait.....back in about 96 me and the rest of the guys on my softball team were extras in THE STUPIDEST MOVIE EVER MADE . Soooo dumb. So bad Im pretty sure it was only released on VHS. The bad DOJO guy from the karate kid was in it along with some woman from one of the better soap operas and an actor from the show " Dallas" named Steve Kanaly. He was actually a pretty nice guy. Thats where I learned how long it can take to film a movie. We were there for hours and hours and hours to film our one and only little 5 minute part in the movie. We were the opposing team that the "good guys" were playing in one of their games. The movie was originally released as " The Marksmen",...but then re released as SLIDING HOME. Lemme tell ya,....if anybody ever paid the 3 bucks to rent that thing...THEY GOT HOSED!
    It's rated 6.4 by IMDB, however I've never seen it myself.

https://m.imdb.com/title/tt0119622/?ref_=fn_al_tt_0

20. The Following User Says Thank You to cancel2 2022 For This Post:

Stone (05-19-2022)

21. #42 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,001 Times in 13,040 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,147 Times in 1,092 Posts

LBJ ad RFK during their campaigns in 62 and 67

MLK in a midtown luncheonette in 66'

Johnny Carson, Merv Griffin Dick Clark. Nipsey Russel Betsy Palmer, all in midtown restaurants/bars in the mid 60's

Gov Madeline Kunin of Vermont , she visited the company I worked for and we all went out to lunch -1986

Gov Carol Campbell of SC -1993 work related
    I’ve met two other famous politicians besides Mrs. Clinton. I met Senator John Ashcroft who was nothing like his public persona as he was quite witty and charming. I’ve also met former Ohio Governor and Congressman John Kasich when I accidentally walked into his congressional office in Reynoldsburg (a suburb on the east side of Columbus). Kasich was very rude to me and I left his office thinking he was a royal jerk.

An interesting note. after my run in with Kasich I swore I’d never vote for him. Same with Mrs. Clinton after her husband implemented a rule penalizing student loan borrowers in non payment status with a 25% fine who wear in non payment status. I was between jobs and was denied a forbearance. These incidents were in the mid 90’s and I had sworn I’d never vote for Kasich or a Clinton.

Trump then proceeded to make a liar out of me as I voted for Kasich in the Ohio GOP Primary then voted for Mrs. Clinton in the general election. LOL
    You're Never Alone With A Schizophrenic!

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Mott the Hoople For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (05-23-2022)

23. #43 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,001 Times in 13,040 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,147 Times in 1,092 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Geeko Sportivo View Post
    I've met a lot of Dallas Cowboys- Troy Aikman, Moose, Harvey Martin, just to name a few. I DJ'ed their weddings!

I've met lots of Rock Stars, too many to mention. That was mostly during my Audio/Video/Music career! But some I just met in bars and clubs, back stage album signing parties, and etc.

I met Ann Margret, Tom Ewell, Jose Ferrer, and the entire cast of the movie State Fair. My family were extras in the film.

My family was also extras in other TV episodes like Dallas, Route 66, the Fugitive so I had the opportunities to meet stars on those sets.

Edie Brickell is my step-niece- and her father was Eddie Brickell world famous Bowler! Yes, I have met Paul Simon, Edie's husband, and know him well! I taught Edie to play the guitar!

I once met Hopalong Cassidy (William Boyd) in the check-out line at Safeway in Palm Springs on vacation when I was a kid. Nice man!

I met some other actors like Debbie Reynolds, Bob Hope, Sonny Bono, over the years that my uncle was friends and neighbors with who lived in Cathedral City or Palm Springs!

I also met Rudi Jiuliani- thought he was a Prick! I worked his microphones and prompter at a money-raising event at a Dallas Hotel when he was running for president. We got into it after the event because he tried to sneak out without paying for his bill!

You meet a lot of famous people in the Audio/Video/Music business!
    LOL When you said Hopalong Cassidy my first thought was Howard Cassidy Ohio States first Heisman trophy winner.
    You're Never Alone With A Schizophrenic!

24. #44 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,614 Times in 21,477 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,632 Times in 5,140 Posts
    Blog Entries

Ronald Reagan or Hillary Clinton.

I did not really meat her, but I walked by Queen Elizabeth once.

18 U.S. Code § 2071 - Concealment, removal, or mutilation generally
    44 U.S.C. 2202 - The United States shall reserve and retain complete ownership, possession, and control of Presidential records; and such records shall be administered in accordance with the provisions of this chapter.

LOCK HIM UP!

25. #45 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,614 Times in 21,477 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,632 Times in 5,140 Posts
    Blog Entries

I took a piss at a urinal next to Richard Nixon once.

18 U.S. Code § 2071 - Concealment, removal, or mutilation generally
    44 U.S.C. 2202 - The United States shall reserve and retain complete ownership, possession, and control of Presidential records; and such records shall be administered in accordance with the provisions of this chapter.

LOCK HIM UP!