Members banned from this thread: Legion, Truth Detector and Earl

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 391011121314 LastLast

Thread: Did a Republican leak the draft SCOTUS opinion - Almost everyone may comment

1. #181 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,454 Times in 9,909 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 867 Times in 825 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch Uncle View Post
    Translation: It’s just bullshit, Dutch. I’m a desk jockey with a sweet do-nothing job and a spreading middle-aged ass.

ROFL. Thanks, Fat Boy.
    LMAO!!!!!! Nothing like declaring a victory where none exists. There goes that fantasy land imagination of yours again....

2. #182 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 68,571 Times in 51,893 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,506 Times in 2,463 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Dillon View Post
    You're a disgusting example of a quasi-human being. Reading your posts is like watching a car crash.
    Awesome excuse, dude!

God bless America and those who defend our Constitution.

"Hatred is a failure of imagination" - Graham Greene, "The Power and the Glory"

3. #183 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Dillon View Post
    Do you know the difference between fantasy and reality, Dutchy?
    No,...he doesnt. Pretty sure that even before his dementia kicked in Dutchie was always just some little dildo. Someone who has been made sport of most of his life, especially when he was young. Being chubby, 5-6, and wearing a size 8 shoe will do that. Hey,...kids can be mean. THATS why Dutchie loves the internet so much. In here he can be anything he wants to be. If people actually believed him that is. They dont.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Stone For This Post:

Matt Dillon (05-07-2022)

5. #184 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 74 Times in 66 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LV426 View Post
    What precisely does the left have to gain by leaking something that would just be released a month closer to the election anyway?

How will leaking the decision intimidate any justices? We already know that this court doesn't care about Public Opinion.
    Had you read the second sentence of what you quoted, you would have your answer, you utter dipfuck.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Gondwanaland For This Post:

Matt Dillon (05-07-2022)

7. #185 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,403 Times in 9,439 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,894 Times in 1,783 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gondwanaland View Post
    The left have everything to gain. They want the justices intimidated into changing their minds.
    Who says they haven't already? Who says this is the current draft of the ruling? Who says one or more of the justices hasn't ALREADY changed their minds? You have absolutely no critical thinking ability. That thought never occurred to you, did it? That's the whole point. l

Ultimately, when the game is 'chase the car' the dog doesn't actually want to catch it. See: The Affordable Care Act. Once you've overturned something that people have come to depend on, you have to justify that. Be careful what you wish for.

8. #186 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,406 Times in 10,036 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,947 Times in 2,728 Posts

Had you read the second sentence of what you quoted, you would have your answer, you utter dipfuck.
    Here's what you said, fuckface:

They want the justices intimidated into changing their minds
    And I'd ask how a leak would do that since this court has made clear it doesn't bow to public pressure and isn't bound to public opinion?

Also, when has public opinion ever influenced SCOTUS justices into changing their mind in the past?

And more importantly, WHAT PUBLIC OPINION would "intimidate" a justice into changing their mind?

Are you saying that Nazi judges rule based on personal feelings, not the letter of the law? And that their judgments are fungible? If so, then they probably shouldn't have ever been nominated.
    Last edited by LV426; 05-06-2022 at 09:52 AM.
    When I die, turn me into a brick and use me to cave in the skull of a fascist

9. #187 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,406 Times in 10,036 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,947 Times in 2,728 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Concart View Post
    Once you've overturned something that people have come to depend on, you have to justify that. Be careful what you wish for.
    Exactly...they'll face the same amount of public scrutiny if the decision was released in June vs. leaked in May, so it makes little sense for opponents of the decision to leak it.
    When I die, turn me into a brick and use me to cave in the skull of a fascist

10. #188 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,413 Times in 16,403 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,433 Times in 1,355 Posts
    Blog Entries

Loud, obnoxious Gals is pink hats, shouting and chanting, intimidate no one...

11. #189 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,993 Times in 8,258 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,672 Times in 2,478 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Stone View Post
    No,...he doesnt. Pretty sure that even before his dementia kicked in Dutchie was always just some little dildo. Someone who has been made sport of most of his life, especially when he was young. Being chubby, 5-6, and wearing a size 8 shoe will do that. Hey,...kids can be mean. THATS why Dutchie loves the internet so much. In here he can be anything he wants to be. If people actually believed him that is. They dont.
    I feel more sorry for Stone than anything else, and I doubt he will ever understand why. If what he says is true, he inherited part of a family business that was created generations ago. He does little to nothing to support that business. He just lives off money he did nothing to earn, expecting other family members to work at keeping the business going. That is just sad.
    Daniel Patrick Moynihan said it best, "You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
    Paul Begala, "Politics is show business for ugly people."
    Stephen Colbert, "Reality has a well known liberal bias."

12. #190 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by TOP View Post
    Wow, non-violent Democratic protesters intimidate no one, not like the Republicans smashing down doors to try to kill our political leaders.
    Daniel Patrick Moynihan said it best, "You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Walt For This Post:

christiefan915 (05-06-2022)

14. #191 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,614 Times in 21,477 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,628 Times in 5,136 Posts
    Blog Entries

Clearly it was a Republican.

18 U.S. Code § 2071 - Concealment, removal, or mutilation generally
    44 U.S.C. 2202 - The United States shall reserve and retain complete ownership, possession, and control of Presidential records; and such records shall be administered in accordance with the provisions of this chapter.

LOCK HIM UP!

15. #192 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,413 Times in 16,403 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,433 Times in 1,355 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Walt View Post
    Wow, non-violent Democratic protesters intimidate no one, not like the Republicans smashing down doors to try to kill our political leaders.
    You have seen the barricades and extra security, haven't you? Those little lady groups are completely unpredictable...but would be easily subdued, if necessary...
    I'd imagine crowd control will much better organized if the gals go wild....

16. #193 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 54,745 Times in 33,616 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,065 Times in 4,683 Posts
    Blog Entries

We aren’t there to intimidate, we are there to make our voices heard and we are loud and proud!

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Phantasmal For This Post:

christiefan915 (05-06-2022), Guno צְבִי (05-06-2022)

18. #194 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Walt View Post
    I feel more sorry for Stone than anything else, and I doubt he will ever understand why. If what he says is true, he inherited part of a family business that was created generations ago. He does little to nothing to support that business. He just lives off money he did nothing to earn, expecting other family members to work at keeping the business going. That is just sad.
    Actually,.... its a lot of fun! First off,.... I DO work. Not a ton though as I am semi retired. Early Spring thru late winter I work about 35 hours a week. January, Feb, and March I dont work at all. Well,...almost not at all. Do some work at home from my computer,....but not much. Earlier in life, for decades actually,...I worked my ass off. So, yeah,.....Ive earned a little slack time now. Thats kinda the point of the game you know,....work hard young so you can have it a bit easier as you get older. Anything else you may believe about my work life is simply bullshit conjured up out of the demented mind of Dutch. And besides all that.....MY life is MY life,...what you do is your business,....same goes for me or anyone else.

19. #195 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

You have seen the barricades and extra security, haven't you?
    So far it is crowd control. The main worry of actual violence seems to mostly be from the anti-abortion "protesters".