1. #181 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,631 Times in 4,083 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,357 Times in 1,282 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Code1211 View Post
    Originally Posted by Taichiliberal View Post
    Your first sentence is just regurgitated drivel that STILL avoids my fact based point. I'll post it here for the objective readers to see, because clearly you suffer from intellectual honesty. Let me put this side bar to rest: to say that over 230 years of increasing global deforestation, industrialization and its air/ground/sea pollution, urbanization on grand scales has no (or negligible) effect on the planet's eco-system is just illogical (or to put plainly, stupid). Too many bonafide scientists from various fields with more extensive credentials than Nye's concur. Industrial lobbies work long and hard on their propaganda to deny reality...and they are losing.

Following your first sentence with your second sentence is a joke...akin to christian fundamentalism about the Bible. To them everything the Bible says is true because the source (the Bible) is irrefutable and above reproach. And I see your insipid stubbornness regarding Nye. As the chronology of the posts shows, you were proven wrong regarding his credentials, but you STILL try to denounce him as a "fraud & charlatan". Pity for you that there is more than documented evidence from folk with higher scientific pedigrees who support what he states. Capice'?

Your last sentence is a lame attempt to put words in my posts that I did not allude to. When you have the intellectual honesty/courage to deal with my original post, then we can have a discussion worth merit. Remember, YOU went down this road despite agreeing with the basic premise of the OP.

You seem to be not reading my posts, but only responding to arguments that you have previously heard.

Too bad.
    The chronology of the posts makes you out to be a liar here. Too bad you don't have the intellectual honesty and courage to concede a point when logically and factually proven wrong. Hell, you don't even have the cojones to directly address the highlighted point.

You're writing bad code, son. Clean up your act.
    During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.

George Orwell

2. #182 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye10 View Post
    Who here has been to the Ark Encounter?

Any reviews?
    I watched a documentary on it. It contains "dinosaurs".....no joke. That in and of itself makes the whole fundamentalist/creationist blather a pathetic hoax.
    During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.

George Orwell

3. #183 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ZenMode View Post
    Of course. We have no reliable way of dating really old things. If a woman gets pregnant, her doctor is only estimating the day she conceived. But, if you're going to put your belief in something, why not put it in science where there are established methods, versus a book of fables written by men who couldn't explain where the sun went at night?

This is the MO of the most religious. You have this very discerning and critical eye when it comes to science, but that discerning and critical eye completely vanishes when it comes to looking at your religious doctrine.
    The religious fundamentalist/extremist at some point must abandon critical thinking, rational thought, physical facts & evidence, and logic in order to maintain "faith".

Trying to equate everything on par with religious faith is an old ploy, because science to a large degree requires physical proof, while religion only requires "faith"..and faith DOES NOT require any physical proof or logic.

The OP is dead on in it's observations.....the creationist/fundamentalist has no real answer other than the cry, "fake news".

George Orwell

4. #184 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 2 Times in 2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Taichiliberal View Post
    The chronology of the posts makes you out to be a liar here. Too bad you don't have the intellectual honesty and courage to concede a point when logically and factually proven wrong. Hell, you don't even have the cojones to directly address the highlighted point.

You're writing bad code, son. Clean up your act.
    My act is as clean as it should be.

5. #185 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 27 Times in 27 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Taichiliberal View Post
    The religious fundamentalist/extremist at some point must abandon critical thinking, rational thought, physical facts & evidence, and logic in order to maintain "faith".

Trying to equate everything on par with religious faith is an old ploy, because science to a large degree requires physical proof, while religion only requires "faith"..and faith DOES NOT require any physical proof or logic.

The OP is dead on in it's observations.....the creationist/fundamentalist has no real answer other than the cry, "fake news".
    Faith means believing something based on bad evidence. Many people are very content to do it largely based on fear.

6. #186 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Code1211 View Post
    Originally Posted by Taichiliberal View Post
    The chronology of the posts makes you out to be a liar here. Too bad you don't have the intellectual honesty and courage to concede a point when logically and factually proven wrong. Hell, you don't even have the cojones to directly address the highlighted point. You're writing bad code, son.

Clean up your act.

My act is as clean as it should be.
    Say goodnight, Gracie.

George Orwell