Page 1 of 16 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Are homosexual natures created by nurture, nature, or God?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 2 Times in 2 Posts

Default Are homosexual natures created by nurture, nature, or God?

Are homosexual natures created by nurture, nature, or God?

I think the answer is is quite important as it would show us the cause/source of homosexuality.

If God, as believers think, then why is God creating gays?

Regards
    DL

2. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,891 Times in 21,656 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,684 Times in 5,187 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gnostic Christian View Post
    Are homosexual natures created by nurture, nature, or God?

I think the answer is is quite important as it would show us the cause/source of homosexuality.

If God, as believers think, then why is God creating gays?

Regards
    DL
    Why does it matter? Do we not all have free will?

18 U.S. Code § 2071 - Concealment, removal, or mutilation generally
    44 U.S.C. 2202 - The United States shall reserve and retain complete ownership, possession, and control of Presidential records; and such records shall be administered in accordance with the provisions of this chapter.

LOCK HIM UP!

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jarod For This Post:

Doc Dutch (04-29-2022), Gnostic Christian (04-29-2022), ZenMode (04-29-2022)

4. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 29 Times in 29 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jarod View Post
    No. Actually, none of us do.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to ZenMode For This Post:

Gnostic Christian (04-29-2022)

6. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ZenMode View Post
    Bible says we do…

44 U.S.C. 2202 - The United States shall reserve and retain complete ownership, possession, and control of Presidential records; and such records shall be administered in accordance with the provisions of this chapter.

LOCK HIM UP!

7. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 29 Times in 29 Posts

Bible says we do…
    The Bible says there's a giant, plexiglass dome around the earth, that keeps the sky rivers in place until windows open to let rain fall. Hopefully you'll understand if I don't put much importance on what the Bible says.

From a neurological perspective, there's no justification for the belief we have free will.

8. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Bible says we do…
    I disagree and will trade you quotes.

I have mine, that disagree with your view, imbedded in the following O.P.

=========

Are non-believers doomed by Divine Design?

Scriptures say that God decides if a person will be a believer or non-believer. Those scriptures are shown in this link.

Those quotes seems to really screw up the free will notion that Christians say God gives us.

The free will that God offers is kind of a joke anyway given the number of people whose free will to live is ignored in the billions of adults, children and babies that God is shown to torture and murder in scriptures.

If the bible and Yahweh are to be believed, and as a non-believer, I, of course, cannot believe it, thanks to God, by God’s design and will against me, then why did God deny me belief or faith?

Even more important to believers, might be to answer the question of; did God make you a believer in things that you can only hope exists and can never confirm?

Are you happy with God ignoring or negating your free will to think as you please?

I have assumed that God’s work of creating both believers and non-believers is working. If that is so, and you believers must think it so, just as I as a non-believer cannot think it is working, --- and Jesus said that those with faith could do all he did and more, --- then there is not even one believer or person of faith that has ever existed.

Either the bible and Christianity is all a lie, or there must be some who can do what Jesus did.

What is your choice of those two options?

Is the bible and Christianity a lie, or is God just not creating any people with faith, --- which would make all Christians who say they have faith, --- liars.

I mean no insult here but someone is definitely lying, if we read what is written and look at reality and listen to Christians.

What do you think is the truth?

Is it just for God to create people doomed to hell even if they wanted to believe?

Regards
    DL

9. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by ZenMode View Post
    Actually we do, but it is rather limited.

We can know that we do have a free will, by the fact that we can give it up to another's will.

If you are correct and we have no free will at all, then we cannot in good conscience punish any criminals, as they had no choice but to do what they did.

Regards
    DL

10. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

It maters because without knowing who or what created gays, homophobes do not know who to blame and end in blaming the wrong party.

Does justice matter to you and is blaming the right party for something not the moral thing to do?

Regards
    DL

11. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 83,384 Times in 53,267 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,661 Times in 4,380 Posts
    Blog Entries

It maters because without knowing who or what created gays, homophobes do not know who to blame and end in blaming the wrong party.

Does justice matter to you and is blaming the right party for something not the moral thing to do?

Regards
    DL
    Why is it necessary to have someone to blame for anything? Do we need someone to blame for people who have red hair? Should we find a scapegoat to blame for being homely, extraordinarily tall, low IQ, stuttering, disliking coffee?

The fact that you feel something or someone is to blame for being gay indicates to me that YOU are a homophobe yourself.
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals." -- Mark Twain

12. The Following User Says Thank You to ThatOwlWoman For This Post:

Gnostic Christian (04-29-2022)

13. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by ThatOwlWoman View Post
    Why is it necessary to have someone to blame for anything? Do we need someone to blame for people who have red hair? Should we find a scapegoat to blame for being homely, extraordinarily tall, low IQ, stuttering, disliking coffee?

The fact that you feel something or someone is to blame for being gay indicates to me that YOU are a homophobe yourself.
    I blame Nature.

I have to see it as a naturally occurring genetic damage at the DNA level. That is what effects/creates our chemistry and sexuality.

I think nature creates for the best possible end and that this condition is not the best end for our type of animal. This is proof that it is all about chance and not having a choice in being gay or not.

I do not discriminate against that condition any more than any other conditions that effect reproduction or other bodily functions.

I do not wish DNA damage to any soul.

You might know that if a theist happens to engage, the more moral here might change his ways.

It is not me seeking a scapegoat. It is me trying to get those who abuse gays to stop.

My side might have already won as few ever advocate for homophobia.

Regards
    DL

14. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 83,384 Times in 53,267 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,661 Times in 4,380 Posts
    Blog Entries

I blame Nature.
    I will remove the rest of your post because it screams bigotry -- only you're attempting to use science to justify it. Why do I say this? Because you are a homophobe who feels the need to put down those whose orientation may or may not differ from yours. while failing to virtue signal loud enough to be heard. Call it "genetic damage" or whatever, it amounts to someone trying to pretend to be open-minded and tolerant, but who in actuality is everything but. When you use a loaded word like "blame," you are loudly signaling that what you are discussing *needs* blame.

Or to put it another way, those of us who truly do accept people as just people, and who don't give a shit what their sexual orientation is, feel no need to use the Bible, science, the word "blame," or evil gnomes to illustrate our POV. We just see ppl as ppl.
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals." -- Mark Twain

15. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I blame Nature. I have to see it as a naturally occurring genetic damage at the DNA level. That is what effects/creates our chemistry and sexuality.
    That has never been proven, AFAIK.

I do agree that homosexuality is an aberration, but I suspect it is caused by the psychological trauma of child molestation by adults who were themselves molested.

It's disturbing to see adults encouraging young children to explore that behavior in public schools as is happening now.

16. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Regards
    DL
    Blame who and for what? Why would it change if God created gay people or not?

LOCK HIM UP!

17. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Blame who and for what? Why would it change if God created gay people or not?
    Theists might question why their God would create something for them to hate.

Scriptures also say that God creates all things for his pleasure.

IOWs. God likes it when he creates a gay soul.

The bible never lies about God, to a theist, does it?

Regards
    DL

18. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,405 Times in 9,440 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,894 Times in 1,783 Posts
    Blog Entries

Regards
    DL
    Blame for what?

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Concart For This Post:

Gnostic Christian (04-30-2022), ThatOwlWoman (04-30-2022)