Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: What food shortages?

1. #76 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,308 Times in 13,427 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 843 Times in 802 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Walt View Post
    I saw things like that in 2020, but have not seen anything even close in the last year or so.
    Well, it was that way the other day here at the grocery store. The commissary on Luke AFB was that way on a lot of things when we shopped there a couple of weeks ago. Part of it was bulk buying I know, but some of it was simply their not getting shipments regularly or on time. One of the workers told me that.

2. #77 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,358 Times in 8,515 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,704 Times in 2,509 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
    Well, it was that way the other day here at the grocery store.
    OK, so you live in a part of America where there is widespread food shortages, and people are starving to death. And I live in a part of America where there is more than enough food, and people are having a problem with obesity. Hmmm... Doesn't that mean your section of the country is failing?
    Daniel Patrick Moynihan said it best, "You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
    Paul Begala, "Politics is show business for ugly people."
    Stephen Colbert, "Reality has a well known liberal bias."
    trump is a child rapist. We all know it.

3. #78 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

OK, so you live in a part of America where there is widespread food shortages, and people are starving to death. And I live in a part of America where there is more than enough food, and people are having a problem with obesity. Hmmm... Doesn't that mean your section of the country is failing?
    I think that's hyperbole rather than accurate. There are obviously shortages of some items on shelves that normally would be stocked. It isn't as if we're in a food line--yet. What it argues is that policies by politicians are in good part responsible for these issues, and in Arizona's case, those politicians are mostly Democrats in California and Dirty City.

California Democrats are mostly responsible for the difficulties in getting stuff out of their ports. They are responsible for making it hard for trucking firms to even operate in the state. They are responsible for the losses on trains where criminals are stealing huge amounts of stuff being shipped. They are responsible for the high cost of doing business in that state.

Likewise, Joke is making things hard at the national level by making even getting a commercial driver's license more difficult. He's making it harder for potential drivers to get jobs. How? Through regulation and over regulation.

Then there's Mexico increasingly supplying the US's needs in produce. That too is a problem given that Mexico is an unstable narco-state.

4. #79 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

There are obviously shortages of some items on shelves that normally would be stocked.
    Literally, the last time I saw a food item missing, it was two months ago, and it was the cheese for movie nachos. The movie theaters had opened up so quickly that movie nacho cheese had not caught up.

I go to the grocery stores, and there is plenty of food. The restaurants have more than enough food, but have real shortages of workers. I see plenty of restaurants unable to stay open as they have staff shortages.
    Daniel Patrick Moynihan said it best, "You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."

5. #80 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Literally, the last time I saw a food item missing, it was two months ago, and it was the cheese for movie nachos. The movie theaters had opened up so quickly that movie nacho cheese had not caught up.

I go to the grocery stores, and there is plenty of food. The restaurants have more than enough food, but have real shortages of workers. I see plenty of restaurants unable to stay open as they have staff shortages.
    I've seen a little of shortages at restaurants too. Specific items on the menu might not be available. It isn't like they're out of lots of things, but rather one or two items here and there that make it annoying if that's the item you wanted to order.

6. #81 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I've seen a little of shortages at restaurants too. Specific items on the menu might not be available. It isn't like they're out of lots of things, but rather one or two items here and there that make it annoying if that's the item you wanted to order.
    Wow, you make me grateful to live in a good part of the country :-P

7. #82 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,602 Times in 2,267 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 163 Times in 155 Posts

How quickly do you usually chug down an industrial sized tub of nacho cheese?

8. #83 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Badguy View Post
    Is nacho cheese actually even cheese? Just curious...

9. #84 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Badguy View Post
    I have never even thought to try such a thing. The movie nachos come in a smallish size.

It is dreadful stuff... But I like it.