Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Just an FYI... Removing a mask mandate is not the same thing as mandating no masks...

1. #31 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,859 Times in 3,139 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 124 Times in 122 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Althea View Post
    I never stopped masking in public either. I'm vaxed/boosted too, but the employees in the stores deserve some respect.

That, and the mask shows everyone that I didn't vote for trump.

Win/Win.
    I never started masking in public. I'm pure-blooded too, but the employees in the stores deserve some respect.

That, and the bare face shows everyone that I didn't vote for biden.

Win/Win.

2. #32 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,245 Times in 13,970 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,056 Times in 2,851 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gfm7175 View Post
    Good for you! And isn't it amazing how FREEDOM works?? You can do you, while I can do me. There isn't any authoritarian government commanding me to wear a mask or commanding you to not wear a mask. Rather, we each make our own choices as we see fit. Wow, I truly do LOVE freedom.... Let me say that one more time for the liberals of this forum... FREEDOM.

Now, who is fighting to conserve freedom and who is fighting to do away with it? That's right... conservatives wish to conserve freedom while liberals wish to be authoritarian.

At any age, masks do not work. Their pores are far too large and viruses are far too small. People who religiously wear masks are still getting COVID and other diseases (yes, other diseases exist) all the same as people who don't wear masks.

Good for you! And isn't it amazing how FREEDOM works?? You can do you, while I can do me. There isn't any authoritarian government commanding me to get a vaccine or commanding you to not get a vaccine. Rather, we each make our own choices as we see fit. Wow, I truly do LOVE freedom.... Let me say that one more time for the liberals of this forum... FREEDOM.
    There is is again, “freedom,” always cracks one up, only the right can take an abstract concept and reduce it to a bumper sticker cliche, always loved the “patriot” who said closing the Golden Corral buffet violated his “freedom”

And as far as masks, as I said above, it is comical how many of those who have been wrong, often continuously wrong, on nearly everything they said or predicted regarding Covid still offer authoritative appearing opinions regarding Covid.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to archives For This Post:

AProudLefty (04-22-2022), Guno צְבִי (04-21-2022)

4. #33 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,307 Times in 13,426 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 843 Times in 802 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Damocles View Post
    I don't know who needs to hear this, but I hope it reaches the right panic addicted person....

If the government says you no longer have to wear a mask, it is not the same thing as the government saying you cannot wear a mask.

Please, wear your mask if you want to.
    I would note that the "Maskers" have changed their tune from "Follow the science!" to one of "The majority want the mask mandate." That is, they're now making an irrelevant appeal to popularity versus the irrelevant appeal to authority they were using. Their argument, however remains irrelevant.

If someone wants to wear a mask, go for it. Don't shove that useless shit down my throat because you want to feel better about things however. Your particular brand of insanity doesn't mean I have to agree with it.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to T. A. Gardner For This Post:

gfm7175 (04-21-2022)

6. #34 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,037 Times in 14,531 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,387 Times in 1,305 Posts

Go on ahead. I will take my patronage elsewhere.
    Good

The CDC never had any such power to begin with.
    LMFAO. This won't age well
    Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

7. #35 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by archives View Post
    There is is again, “freedom,” always cracks one up, only the right can take an abstract concept and reduce it to a bumper sticker cliche, always loved the “patriot” who said closing the Golden Corral buffet violated his “freedom”

And as far as masks, as I said above, it is comical how many of those who have been wrong, often continuously wrong, on nearly everything they said or predicted regarding Covid still offer authoritative appearing opinions regarding Covid.
    Why do you never see the freedom crowd railing against seatbelt laws?
    Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Althea For This Post:

AProudLefty (04-22-2022)

9. #36 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

LMFAO. This won't age well
    Read the Constitution.

10. #37 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Why do you never see the freedom crowd railing against seatbelt laws?
    IDK what you are talking about... I always rail against seatbelt laws. It is bullshit to force a person to wear a seatbelt.

11. #38 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Read the Constitution.
    Idiot.

The Constitution doesn't allow a govt. organization to offer guidance?

You've officially gone over the edge.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Althea For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (04-21-2022)

13. #39 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,405 Times in 9,440 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,894 Times in 1,783 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Damocles View Post
    *sigh*

Well, at least the person who needed to hear it was reached, it just missed.

Anyway, just so you can understand why folks say these things that vex you so...

According to science from like science people doing science and being smart and science stuff:

(Science, because if you say the word often enough some folks will believe whatever you say, science)...

How Wearing a Mask Can Help Protect You Even If No One Else Wears One

https://time.com/6168672/how-wearing-mask-protects-you/

So... Just because I don't wear a mask it doesn't make it so you also don't have to, please... wear your mask if it makes you feel better. As we enter the endemic stage of this disease and mandates are no longer necessary, you can feel safer if you just mask yourself up.

Science.
    So my point is completely valid. Thanks for the acknowledgment. Truth to tell, I don't give a fuck at this point. People want to die, let them.

14. #40 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Concart View Post
    So my point is completely valid. Thanks for the acknowledgment. Truth to tell, I don't give a fuck at this point. People want to die, let them.
    Let them die at home instead of clogging the hospitals

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Althea For This Post:

AProudLefty (04-22-2022), Guno צְבִי (04-21-2022)

16. #41 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,405 Times in 9,440 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,894 Times in 1,783 Posts
    Blog Entries

Let's state the premise in a different way:

Hey, if they get rid of drunk driving laws, it doesn't mean you have to drive drunk. Feel free to drive sober.

Cool. Let's do it.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Concart For This Post:

Althea (04-21-2022), AProudLefty (04-22-2022)

18. #42 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,252 Times in 7,662 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,055 Times in 1,002 Posts

Good for you! And isn't it amazing how FREEDOM works?? You can do you, while I can do me. There isn't any authoritarian government commanding me to wear a mask or commanding you to not wear a mask. Rather, we each make our own choices as we see fit. Wow, I truly do LOVE freedom.... Let me say that one more time for the liberals of this forum... FREEDOM.

Now, who is fighting to conserve freedom and who is fighting to do away with it? That's right... conservatives wish to conserve freedom while liberals wish to be authoritarian.

At any age, masks do not work. Their pores are far too large and viruses are far too small. People who religiously wear masks are still getting COVID and other diseases (yes, other diseases exist) all the same as people who don't wear masks.

Good for you! And isn't it amazing how FREEDOM works?? You can do you, while I can do me. There isn't any authoritarian government commanding me to get a vaccine or commanding you to not get a vaccine. Rather, we each make our own choices as we see fit. Wow, I truly do LOVE freedom.... Let me say that one more time for the liberals of this forum... FREEDOM.
    Yup.

I stop at STOP signs...and Red Lights. I drive at about the posted speed limit. The government demands that I do so...and by extension of your "thoughts", the American Right thinks that is an invasion of their privacy.

Like I said, ya cannot fix stupid with duct tape. And there are no vaccines to combat it.

Ya know what...there are times I actually wish Trump had won rather than getting his ass kicked in 2020. With him leading the charge, we'd probably have half the population of right wing assholes now alive in our country.
    ON HIS WORST DAY, JOE BIDEN IS A BETTER PRESIDENT THAN TRUMP WAS ON HIS BEST DAY!

19. #43 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Idiot.

The Constitution doesn't allow a govt. organization to offer guidance?

You've officially gone over the edge.
    You apparently don't know what guidance is...

20. #44 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Concart View Post
    Newsflash: Everyone dies, whether they want to or not.

21. #45 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Apisa View Post
    Yup.

I stop at STOP signs...and Red Lights. I drive at about the posted speed limit. The government demands that I do so...and by extension of your "thoughts", the American Right thinks that is an invasion of their privacy.

Like I said, ya cannot fix stupid with duct tape. And there are no vaccines to combat it.

Ya know what...there are times I actually wish Trump had won rather than getting his ass kicked in 2020. With him leading the charge, we'd probably have half the population of right wing assholes now alive in our country.
    Traffic regulation is not force to undergo invasive medical procedures.

There was no valid election held in 2020.