Members banned from this thread: The Anonymous, Phantasmal, ThatOwlWoman, Jade Dragon, Guno צְבִי, gemini104104, BidenPresident and Darla

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Why are women attacked by the trans lobby while we men get far less abuse?

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,051 Times in 26,519 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,742 Times in 4,521 Posts
    Blog Entries

Default Why are women attacked by the trans lobby while we men get far less abuse?

This is written from a British perspective, the trans lobby in the UK are truly bat crazy. Graham Linehan appears to be a notable exception to the rule.

Why are women attacked by the trans lobby while we men get far less abuse?

Three years ago, on this page, I took the plunge. To be specific, I wrote a column on how women's access to exclusive private spaces was being eroded in the name of 'trans rights', and argued this was a threat to women's safety and dignity.

I say took the plunge, because I had been warned that I would be attacked mercilessly by those who regard as evil any distinction drawn between biological women and those who have changed their gender from male to female.

I also recall a conversation I had with Dr Kathleen Stock, who has been hounded out of her tenure as a distinguished philosopher at Sussex University because of her 'gender-critical' views (set out with remarkable clarity and force in her book Material Girls).

Dr Stock had warned me: 'You may well encounter very unpleasant consequences. If you do, please don't recant. I would rather you didn't write about this at all than speak out and then retract.'

Torrent

As it turned out, I encountered no abuse at all, just a lot of mail from female readers of this newspaper to the effect that they were delighted I was speaking up for them.

Yet I am sure that if I were a woman and had written such a column in the issue of April 8, 2019, I would indeed have been monstered on social media, especially Twitter.

Look at what has happened to J.K. Rowling, who has endured death threats and the foulest of personal abuse after she defended Maya Forstater.

This is the woman sacked from her job at the London office of a U.S. think-tank, the Center For Global Development, after expressing her belief — one might say, the fact — that it is not possible to change one's biological sex.

One reason Rowling had encountered such a torrent of personal abuse, after tweeting '#IStandWithMaya', is that she, most unlike me, is a writer of world renown and unparalleled success. When she speaks, the world listens.

But the fact she is a woman also has much to do with it. When I asked Kathleen Stock why that might be, she said: 'Men would prefer to attack women than other men because they risk less, and women would prefer to attack other women for the same reason.'

I suppose this is an evolution-based argument (men have always been more dangerous) and also reflects the fact that men have been more powerful within society.

Whatever the reasons, it is an observable fact that women, regardless of the issues under discussion, receive much more toxic abuse on social media, and generally, than men. We call this misogyny, and it is a real thing.

But I had another explanation, which is that women, such as Dr Stock and Maya Forstater, who say, 'You can't change biological sex' are telling those who are born male but feel viscerally that they are 'in the wrong body': sorry, but we won't let you into our club.

For many trans women (though by no means all), this is an appalling insult, and actively cruel. Whereas I, as a man, am entirely irrelevant to this and possess nothing that they want.

Last week, Ms Forstater and others launched a campaign — with the slogan, 'Respect my sex if you want my X.' This was tied to the forthcoming local elections.

These feminists are particularly angry at the way the Labour Party (perhaps their natural home, politically) finds it difficult to accept that — sorry to be crude — women can't have penises.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/a...far-abuse.html

2. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,978 Times in 32,293 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,869 Times in 2,756 Posts
    Blog Entries

I think I ran into an example of this yesterday........I was buying a new pair of shorts at JC Pennys......I was in the Men's Clothing Department....a sign said Fitting Room......there was an attendant by the entry.....I asked if there was a room empty.......she said yes.......and went in, changed clothes.......and realized there were women in the rooms on either side of me.....as I finished and left I realized that the hallway continued through the Fitting Room and the other end was in the Women's Clothing Department......can you imagined that happening even twenty years ago?......
    Isaiah 6:5
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PostmodernProphet For This Post:

cancel2 2022 (04-10-2022), dukkha (04-11-2022)

4. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PostmodernProphet View Post
    I think I ran into an example of this yesterday........I was buying a new pair of shorts at JC Pennys......I was in the Men's Clothing Department....a sign said Fitting Room......there was an attendant by the entry.....I asked if there was a room empty.......she said yes.......and went in, changed clothes.......and realized there were women in the rooms on either side of me.....as I finished and left I realized that the hallway continued through the Fitting Room and the other end was in the Women's Clothing Department......can you imagined that happening even twenty years ago?......
    No I can't, but in the age of gender neutral toilets perfectly predictable.
    Last edited by cancel2 2022; 04-10-2022 at 11:16 PM.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to cancel2 2022 For This Post:

dukkha (04-11-2022)

6. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Meanwhile yet another loony, this time from the SNP, pipes up.

Women's rights activists are like ANTI-SEMITES, says Scottish minister: Fury over Lorna Slater's 'grossly offensive' comparison between feminists fighting trans rights laws to racists

• Lorna Slater is a minister in Nicola Sturgeon's government in Green-SNP deal
    • Ms Slater, 46, spoke out after feminists criticised new sex change legislation
    • She asked why the BBC was allowing voices against the law to be heard
    • Slater said: 'We wouldn't put balance on the question of racism or anti-Semitism'
    • But women campaigners said some may feel her remarks were extremist bigotry'

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-minister.html

7. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Primavera View Post
    This is written from a British perspective, the trans lobby in the UK are truly bat crazy. Graham Linehan appears to be a notable exception to the rule.

Three years ago, on this page, I took the plunge. To be specific, I wrote a column on how women's access to exclusive private spaces was being eroded in the name of 'trans rights', and argued this was a threat to women's safety and dignity.

I say took the plunge, because I had been warned that I would be attacked mercilessly by those who regard as evil any distinction drawn between biological women and those who have changed their gender from male to female.

I also recall a conversation I had with Dr Kathleen Stock, who has been hounded out of her tenure as a distinguished philosopher at Sussex University because of her 'gender-critical' views (set out with remarkable clarity and force in her book Material Girls).

Dr Stock had warned me: 'You may well encounter very unpleasant consequences. If you do, please don't recant. I would rather you didn't write about this at all than speak out and then retract.'

Torrent

As it turned out, I encountered no abuse at all, just a lot of mail from female readers of this newspaper to the effect that they were delighted I was speaking up for them.

Yet I am sure that if I were a woman and had written such a column in the issue of April 8, 2019, I would indeed have been monstered on social media, especially Twitter.

Look at what has happened to J.K. Rowling, who has endured death threats and the foulest of personal abuse after she defended Maya Forstater.

This is the woman sacked from her job at the London office of a U.S. think-tank, the Center For Global Development, after expressing her belief — one might say, the fact — that it is not possible to change one's biological sex.

One reason Rowling had encountered such a torrent of personal abuse, after tweeting '#IStandWithMaya', is that she, most unlike me, is a writer of world renown and unparalleled success. When she speaks, the world listens.

But the fact she is a woman also has much to do with it. When I asked Kathleen Stock why that might be, she said: 'Men would prefer to attack women than other men because they risk less, and women would prefer to attack other women for the same reason.'

I suppose this is an evolution-based argument (men have always been more dangerous) and also reflects the fact that men have been more powerful within society.

Whatever the reasons, it is an observable fact that women, regardless of the issues under discussion, receive much more toxic abuse on social media, and generally, than men. We call this misogyny, and it is a real thing.

But I had another explanation, which is that women, such as Dr Stock and Maya Forstater, who say, 'You can't change biological sex' are telling those who are born male but feel viscerally that they are 'in the wrong body': sorry, but we won't let you into our club.

For many trans women (though by no means all), this is an appalling insult, and actively cruel. Whereas I, as a man, am entirely irrelevant to this and possess nothing that they want.

Last week, Ms Forstater and others launched a campaign — with the slogan, 'Respect my sex if you want my X.' This was tied to the forthcoming local elections.

These feminists are particularly angry at the way the Labour Party (perhaps their natural home, politically) finds it difficult to accept that — sorry to be crude — women can't have penises.

8. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Progressives seem to go off half cocked and back the latest "issues" only to discover that later, they are bullshit.

JK Rowling says celebrities like Harry and Meghan and Emma Watson who 'cheered on' Trans charity Mermaids should feel 'ashamed' as it is probed by watchdog over children's chest-flattening binders*

The Charity Commission has said it is assessing concerns raised about Mermaids' practices after an investigation uncovered that staff were sending 'potentially harmful' binders to children.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...g-binders.html

9. The Following User Says Thank You to cancel2 2022 For This Post:

Bigdog (09-27-2022)

10. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,743 Times in 1,265 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 159 Times in 154 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cancel2 2022 View Post

Torrent

Graham Linehan, one of the finest modern comedy writers is still pretty pissed off with trans activists, as well he might be

GRAHAM LINEHAN: The world should remember Daniel Radcliffe, Emma Watson and Rupert Grint as arrogant.

https://mol.im/a/12579459

11. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Torrent

Graham Linehan, one of the finest modern comedy writers is still pretty pissed off with trans activists, as well he might be. He also dismayed at how the child actors JK Rowling made multi-millionaires turned on her, totally despicable is the only way to describe that.

GRAHAM LINEHAN: The world should remember Daniel Radcliffe, Emma Watson and Rupert Grint as arrogant.

Why do I risk everything to battle the madness of the trans activists? What's my endgame? It's simple. I am concerned about women losing their words, safe spaces and sports to fanatics who denounce the very idea of womanhood. I want to reveal the havoc gender identity has wrought on society, expose those who enabled it and help to bring about its end.

https://mol.im/a/12579459

12. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,115 Times in 12,640 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,445 Times in 1,389 Posts
    Blog Entries

That men are completely useless now surely has a lot to do with it.
    I choose my own words like the Americans of olden times........before this dystopia arrived.

DARK AGES SUCK!

13. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

JK Rowling says she WON'T forgive Daniel Radcliffe and Emma Watson for their stance in the trans debate

And why should she? The ungrateful bastards owe their whole careers to her.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ma-watson.html
    Last edited by serendipity; 04-11-2024 at 03:28 AM.

14. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Father Ted creator Graham Linehan calls for criminal probe into trans charities Mermaids and Stonewall.

https://mol.im/a/13296119

15. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,079 Times in 7,507 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,104 Times in 1,049 Posts

Torrent

I confess to finding it amazing that so many people put this much thought into these issues.
    99% of the time that I'm moved to ponder the transgender issue,
    it's because I logged onto JPP.
    Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel. Samuel Johnson, 1775
    Religion....is the opiate of the people. Karl Marx, 1848
    Freedom's just another word for nothin' left to lose. Kris Kristofferson, 1969

16. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Why JK Rowling SHOULDN'T forgive the weaselly band-wagon jumpers she made famous

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/a...rs-famous.html

17. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,266 Times in 7,148 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,197 Times in 1,112 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PostmodernProphet View Post
    And what problem was this for you? What problem is universal dressing rooms for society?

Was your privacy impended in any way? Did you catch someone peeking? Man or woman? Did you take a peek yourself?

Did you buy those camouflaged cargo pocket shorts?

Last edited by Geeko Sportivo; 04-12-2024 at 06:41 AM.

18. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,006 Times in 8,033 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,672 Times in 1,550 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Geeko Sportivo View Post
    And what problem was this for you? What problem is universal dressing rooms for society?

Was your privacy impended in any way? Did you catch someone peeking? Man or woman? Did you take a peek yourself?

Did you buy those camouflaged cargo pocket shorts?

If it becomes common practice, eventually we will start hearing reports of rape happening there.

We've already heard about Trump doing exactly that.

Trying to not offend trannies is not worth the possible/probable consequences.
    https://i.postimg.cc/PqVCnGks/gojoe1.jpg
    C'MON MAN!!!!