Thread: Trump Jr. needs to be indicted for treason

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,916 Times in 6,548 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,882 Times in 1,756 Posts
    Blog Entries

Default Trump Jr. needs to be indicted for treason

Donald Trump, Jr. is facing calls for his arrest after CNN published text messages to Mark Meadows showing a scheme to overturn the 2020 presidential election, which was won by Joe Biden.

"Two days after the 2020 presidential election, as votes were still being tallied, Donald Trump’s eldest son texted then-White House chief of staff Mark Meadows that “we have operational control” to ensure his father would get a second term, with Republican majorities in the US Senate and swing state legislatures, CNN has learned. In the text, which has not been previously reported, Donald Trump Jr. lays out ideas for keeping his father in power by subverting the Electoral College process, according to the message reviewed by CNN," the network reported.

The messages were obtained by the House Select Committee Investigating the Jan. 6 Attack on the U.S. Capitol.

“It’s very simple,” Trump Jr. texted Meadows. “We have multiple paths We control them all.”

Legal experts were shocked by the revelation.
    Richard Painter, the chief White House ethics lawyer in the George W. Bush administration, said the messages were evidence of a crime.

"This was an attempted putsch. He belongs in the slammer!" Painter wrote.

Former federal prosecutor Glenn Kirschner called it "treasonous criminality."

"The 'Subject' line of Don Jr.’s email might as well have been, 'I’m a member of my father’s criminal conspiracy to overturn the election.' How long do we have to endure this open, treasonous criminality by Trump and company before someone gets indicted?" he wondered.

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to floridafan For This Post:

AProudLefty (04-11-2022), christiefan915 (04-08-2022), evince (04-12-2022), Guno צְבִי (04-08-2022), PoliTalker (04-09-2022), signalmankenneth (04-10-2022), ThatOwlWoman (04-09-2022)

3. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,273 Times in 13,987 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,056 Times in 2,851 Posts

Babylon Bee?

4. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,861 Times in 17,284 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,603 Times in 4,280 Posts

The Trumps were "masterminding" the take over of the capital and the government. They wanted to remove the fair and honest election winner, Biden, and install a wannabe dictator Trump. I hope they all go to jail.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Nordberg For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (04-10-2022)

6. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,461 Times in 7,747 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 510 Times in 503 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by floridafan View Post
    Donald Trump, Jr. is facing calls for his arrest after CNN published text messages to Mark Meadows showing a scheme to overturn the 2020 presidential election, which was won by Joe Biden.

"Two days after the 2020 presidential election, as votes were still being tallied, Donald Trump’s eldest son texted then-White House chief of staff Mark Meadows that “we have operational control” to ensure his father would get a second term, with Republican majorities in the US Senate and swing state legislatures, CNN has learned. In the text, which has not been previously reported, Donald Trump Jr. lays out ideas for keeping his father in power by subverting the Electoral College process, according to the message reviewed by CNN," the network reported.

The messages were obtained by the House Select Committee Investigating the Jan. 6 Attack on the U.S. Capitol.

“It’s very simple,” Trump Jr. texted Meadows. “We have multiple paths We control them all.”

Richard Painter, the chief White House ethics lawyer in the George W. Bush administration, said the messages were evidence of a crime.

"The 'Subject' line of Don Jr.’s email might as well have been, 'I’m a member of my father’s criminal conspiracy to overturn the election.' How long do we have to endure this open, treasonous criminality by Trump and company before someone gets indicted?" he wondered.
    And a bunch of celebrities trying to sway the electoral college to vote against what they should is what?

7. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 41,003 Times in 32,308 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,870 Times in 2,757 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by archives View Post
    Babylon Bee?
    worse......CNN....
    Isaiah 6:5
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

8. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,461 Times in 7,747 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 510 Times in 503 Posts

You need to provide a link, buttnugget.

9. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,352 Times in 13,456 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 846 Times in 805 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by archives View Post
    Babylon Bee?
    No, no, LSD...

10. The Following User Says Thank You to T. A. Gardner For This Post:

Matt Dillon (04-09-2022)

11. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,861 Times in 17,284 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,603 Times in 4,280 Posts

In federal law, treason is helping enemies in a time of war and giving them aid and comfort. I do not think Jr was doing that directly. He was plotting against the American govt which is sedition.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Nordberg For This Post:

Geeko Sportivo (04-09-2022), Guno צְבִי (04-10-2022), ThatOwlWoman (04-09-2022)

13. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,113 Times in 890 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 144 Times in 135 Posts

I gotta stop posting on chat forums.

14. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 69,625 Times in 52,599 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,516 Times in 2,473 Posts
    Blog Entries

Trump Jr. needs to be indicted for treason

Donald Trump, Jr. is facing calls for his arrest after CNN published text messages to Mark Meadows showing a scheme to overturn the 2020 presidential election, which was won by Joe Biden....
    That might happen. Junior had strong links with the Three Percenters and probably was the WH liaison with the white supremacist terrorists in attacking the Capitol.

God bless America and those who defend our Constitution.

"Hatred is a failure of imagination" - Graham Greene, "The Power and the Glory"

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Doc Dutch For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (04-10-2022)

16. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Nordberg View Post
    The Trumps were "masterminding" the take over of the capital and the government. They wanted to remove the fair and honest election winner, Biden, and install a wannabe dictator Trump. I hope they all go to jail.
    Agreed, at least for Big Daddy and Junior. Both Ivanka and Jarod are distancing themselves from the treason. Ivanka has been noted a few times as "the voice of reason" in the Oval Office and, therefore, excluded from the plot.

I expect Kimberly was involved in the plot since she is joined at the hip with Junior.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Doc Dutch For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (04-10-2022)

18. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 83,553 Times in 53,373 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,661 Times in 4,380 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
    No, no, LSD...
    Hahahaha, that was pretty funny.

What is less funny is here we have an IMPOTUSx2, who lost an election, plotting with his family members and others to overturn the results of that election. Doesn't this trouble you, too?
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals." -- Mark Twain

19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ThatOwlWoman For This Post:

AProudLefty (04-11-2022), Doc Dutch (04-09-2022), Guno צְבִי (04-10-2022)

20. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ThatOwlWoman View Post
    Hahahaha, that was pretty funny.

What is less funny is here we have an IMPOTUSx2, who lost an election, plotting with his family members and others to overturn the results of that election. Doesn't this trouble you, too?
    That's the problem; they all deny it even happened and persist in believing it was a peaceful "tourist" visit.

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Doc Dutch For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (04-10-2022), ThatOwlWoman (04-09-2022)

22. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,108 Times in 13,083 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello floridafan,

The whole family belongs in prison. They are a bunch of crooks. The fact that they are not in prison, that they can apparently flout the law as if it does not apply to them is shaking confidence in our system, in our government, and in our country.

The message to Americans is that: if you get rich and powerful enough, the law does not apply to you.

America needs some prosecutors with backbone, and all we have to lead them is Garland.

Confidence in government has already been shaken by Reagan and the Powell Memo. Pretty much the whole right hates government and thinks 'government is the problem.' And now the left is losing confidence in government to prosecute serious nation-shaking law breaking.

What is left?

When citizens no longer believe in their government a country is toast.

Lincoln said divided we fall.

We are terribly divided.

If only Garland would do something...
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

23. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 83,553 Times in 53,373 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,661 Times in 4,380 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch Uncle View Post
    That's the problem; they all deny it even happened and persist in believing it was a peaceful "tourist" visit.
    Even if the terrorist attack on the Capitol never happened, we still have criminal activity going on here -- a losing IMPOTUSx2 plotting with others to stay in power via illegal means.
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals." -- Mark Twain

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ThatOwlWoman For This Post:

Doc Dutch (04-09-2022), Guno צְבִי (04-10-2022)