Page 37 of 40 FirstFirst ... 273334353637383940 LastLast

Thread: The difference between philosophy and religion.

1. #541 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,634 Times in 9,300 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,405 Times in 1,371 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BidenPresident View Post
    You are a pathological liar.
    Did BidenPresident have stroke???
    He keeps posting the same thing!
    Someone call 911! Stat!
    AM I, I AM's,AM I.
    What day is Michaelmas on?

2. #542 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Did not claim to be "well read" you pathetic lying piece of shit.
    I heard Mason is "Well Red"!!!
    Karl is his favorite Marx brother!
    AM I, I AM's,AM I.

3. #543 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,989 Times in 11,516 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,459 Times in 2,200 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cypress View Post
    "I never said I never read Eastern texts."

Wow, now you are so flustered, you aren't even writing cogent and lucid English.

Unlike you, I am completely honest and transparent about what original source material I have actually read. The only original source material I have read from 6th and 5th century BCE are Plato's Republic, The Iliad, and Homer's Odyssey. Oh, and I read parts of Herodotus' Histories.

The knowledge I have acquired about Aristotle, Thucydides, Zeno, Democritus, etc., is strictly from reading, from scholars, subject matter experts, and articles.
    you're a lying shit brain

4. #544 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Mason View Post
    Did BidenPresident have stroke???
    He keeps posting the same thing!
    Someone call 911! Stat!
    troll

5. #545 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I heard Mason is "Well Red"!!!
    Karl is his favorite Marx brother!
    troll

6. #546 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,733 Times in 4,165 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,366 Times in 1,291 Posts
    Blog Entries

you're an idiot
    No, he's just a BS artist who thinks he's clever. Pity he doesn't (or refuses to) realize that once you print something, it's there for all to review. That's why one of my favorite phrases is "the chronology of the posts", because it reduces guys like Cy to repetitive lies and denial (or the usual feigned innocence ploy). Cy makes his statement and he's not going to budge....logic and facts derived from debate be damned. He'll just blow smoke, move a goal post, lie about what transpired, etc., rather than just concede even a small point. For some reason, guys like Cy are afraid to concede a point on a format as anonymous as this one. Whatever. There's no sense in further engagement of such a mindset after a point. I just let them have the last word and watch their folly. If they become abusive or a nasty spam troll, I put them on the ignore list for a month or so in hopes that they'll change their ways. Hope springs eternal.
    During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.

George Orwell

7. #547 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Taichiliberal View Post
    No, he's just a BS artist who thinks he's clever. Pity he doesn't (or refuses to) realize that once you print something, it's there for all to review. That's why one of my favorite phrases is "the chronology of the posts", because it reduces guys like Cy to repetitive lies and denial (or the usual feigned innocence ploy). Cy makes his statement and he's not going to budge....logic and facts derived from debate be damned. He'll just blow smoke, move a goal post, lie about what transpired, etc., rather than just concede even a small point. For some reason, guys like Cy are afraid to concede a point on a format as anonymous as this one. Whatever. There's no sense in further engagement of such a mindset after a point. I just let them have the last word and watch their folly. If they become abusive or a nasty spam troll, I put them on the ignore list for a month or so in hopes that they'll change their ways. Hope springs eternal.
    That may be the case. Cypress likes to lie about what others say. I see he is that way with everyone.

8. #548 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,714 Times in 27,344 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,977 Times in 2,694 Posts

Point out any lie I told.

9. #549 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Point out any lie I told.

The chronology of the posts show that I agreed with you that technological innovation is a measure of ingenuity, and that intellectual achievement was developed in Africa --> even though those weren't even points I brought up or even alluded to. You were the one who brought up eating utensils, Viking swords, and African achievement. I held out the Clovis point and lanteen sail as profound technological achievement.
    Last edited by Cypress; 04-08-2022 at 07:04 PM.

10. #550 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

That's where my point comes in,what you call religious knowledge, for me comes from the Holy Spirit.
    Not books,not teachers,not so called experts.
    I can't rely on the holy spirit for cultivating knowledge, I have to rely on classes, books, journals, experts, videos, documentaries, et al.

11. #551 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

You've never had an original philosophical thought in your life, though you imagine you have .

Every opinion you have about philosophy is the sum total of what you have read others write, filtered and distilled through your own experiences and biases.

Nobody on this board, not you, not me, not Jack have ever made any original contributions to philosophy or intellectual thought.
    There might be hubris and arrogance scattered around on this thread, but it's not from me.

I am the only one openly confessing that all the knowledge I have is derivative and came from teachers, experts, books, journals, and my only accomplishment was to integrate and cultivate that knowledge through the lens of my own personal experiences.

I have never made original contributions to humanity's intellectual and philosophical thought.

Dictionary.com
    Genius: "an exceptional natural capacity of intellect, especially as shown in creative and original work in science, art, music, etc.: the genius of Mozart.

12. #552 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I can't rely on the holy spirit for cultivating knowledge, I have to rely on classes, books, journals, experts, videos, documentaries, et al.
    That's because you don't know the Holy Spirit!
    AM I, I AM's,AM I.

13. #553 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

There might be hubris and arrogance scattered around on this thread, but it's not from me.

I am the only one openly confessing that all the knowledge I have is derivative and came from teachers, experts, books, journals, and my only accomplishment was to integrate and cultivate that knowledge through the lens of my own personal experiences.

I have never made original contributions to humanity's intellectual and philosophical thought.
    Third hand information! Do you ever check sources that contradict your experts?
    AM I, I AM's,AM I.

14. #554 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Do you ever check sources that contradict your experts?
    Exactly. Good point.

15. #555 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Third hand information! Do you ever check sources that contradict your experts?
    Do you go to doctors? Or is their expertise too suspect?

It's important to read and learn from multiple experts, whether the subject is physics, mathematics, philosophy, sociology, history, or religious studies. It gives one multiple perspectives and a sense of the range of scholarship.