Page 2 of 51 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Tesla Model 3 named winner in KBB’s 5-Year Cost to Own Awards 2022. MAGA wets panties

1. #16 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,176 Times in 14,712 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 952 Times in 936 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Lionfish View Post
    MAGA appreciates you suckers buying cars from Musk and helping to his bankroll in his purchase of Twitter, alt-lefties wet panties.
    Joe Capitalist helped Elon by Twitter. Thanks Joe Capitalist!! Helping For the right get their voice on Twitter back.
    IMPEACH 46 FOR TREASON
    Biden/Harris 2024
    IT'S A NO BRAINER!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to ExpressLane For This Post:

Lionfish (05-09-2022)

3. #17 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,176 Times in 14,712 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 952 Times in 936 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by leaningright View Post
    I don't know. If, heaven forbid, I lived in a city or town I probably would have one. I've got all the gas stations that sell E-85 fuel mapped out in my travelling circles because that is what I'm using in my Yukon. It's about 80 cents cheaper per gallon in most stations around here. I'm not above using alternative methods of transportation. I even ride my horse places I need to go when I have the time and the weather looks good.
    I don't have anything against Teslas and if they met my needs fully I might have one. But people who own one because they think they are helping he environment ignore they are polluting it to get the heavy metals in batteries and the burning of fossil fuels to generate the power that runs them. BTW E85 gets fewer miles per gallon than regular gas so the cost savings gets eaten up with lower gas mileage. I do burn in my 2008 Shelby Mustang because it allows me to run a higher boost on its supercharger. Higher boost equals higher horsepower . But that eats up the gas mileage too.
    IMPEACH 46 FOR TREASON
    Biden/Harris 2024
    IT'S A NO BRAINER!

4. #18 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 83,397 Times in 53,276 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,661 Times in 4,380 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Damocles View Post
    You never really own a Tesla. Tesla Corp can reach into and change programming in your car every time you charge at one of their stations.
    Wut?? Like what programming?
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals." -- Mark Twain

5. #19 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cawacko View Post
    You talk about politics making for interesting bedfellows. You have Elon Musk who has been called a Nazi, a supporter of white supremacy, runs a racist company (Tesla) and could be responsible for the end of our democracy but he makes a car that liberals like and conservatives (supposedly) don't.
    Musk is in it for himself, not for you or for me or for anyone else.
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals." -- Mark Twain

6. #20 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,109 Times in 12,635 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,443 Times in 1,387 Posts
    Blog Entries

According to Kelley Blue Book, the Model 3’s 5-year cost to own is $16,411 less than the segment average. This is quite impressive, especially considering that the Model 3 is Tesla’s entry-level vehicle today
    I need it explained to me why it is surprising that Teslas cheapest option is cheap to own according to these people. The sentence smells like random Bull Shit.
    I choose my own words like the Americans of olden times........before this dystopia arrived.

DARK AGES SUCK!

7. #21 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,610 Times in 10,571 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 578 Times in 535 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ThatOwlWoman View Post
    Wut?? Like what programming?
    There is a simple code change to allow the car to go at quicker speeds... If you pay the extra money they simply change one item from N to Y and boom, car has some extra speed that you have paid for... If you fix your own Tesla this voids the warranty, and regardless of what you paid for they can then update the software. The 1st thing they do it change it so quick charge from a Tesla station no longer works, the second is they take away the boost so you car no longer performs as you paid for it to perform.
    Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but rather we have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.
    - -- Aristotle

Believe nothing on the faith of traditions, even though they have been held in honor for many generations and in diverse places. Do not believe a thing because many people speak of it. Do not believe on the faith of the sages of the past. Do not believe what you yourself have imagined, persuading yourself that a God inspires you. Believe nothing on the sole authority of your masters and priests. After examination, believe what you yourself have tested and found to be reasonable, and conform your conduct thereto.
    - -- The Buddha

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    - -- Aristotle

8. #22 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

There is a simple code change to allow the car to go at quicker speeds... If you pay the extra money they simply change one item from N to Y and boom, car has some extra speed that you have paid for... If you fix your own Tesla this voids the warranty, and regardless of what you paid for they can then update the software. The 1st thing they do it change it so quick charge from a Tesla station no longer works, the second is they take away the boost so you car no longer performs as you paid for it to perform.
    Oh dear. Why would they disable quick charging? Costs *them* more money when you use it?

I'll pass that along to Mr. Owl, who has been researching them for a possible future purchase. Do you have a link or site I can send him?

9. #23 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Oh dear. Why would they disable quick charging? Costs *them* more money when you use it?

I'll pass that along to Mr. Owl, who has been researching them for a possible future purchase. Do you have a link or site I can send him?
    There's some guy who does videos of himself fixing up "totalled" Tesla vehicles, he talks about these things regularly.

I would suggest him going for a Rivian (The R1T is a great electric pickup truck). I love Tesla vehicles, don't get me wrong, I just dislike the "warranty" rules and the reality that I am basically renting it. If you want to trade it in you have to go through Tesla for that too... per their contracts that you sign when you "purchase" one of these things. It really depends on how much your husband cares about open source stuff. If he doesn't care that nobody at all but a Tesla mechanic can ever work on it... then go for it.
    Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but rather we have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.
    - -- Aristotle

Believe nothing on the faith of traditions, even though they have been held in honor for many generations and in diverse places. Do not believe a thing because many people speak of it. Do not believe on the faith of the sages of the past. Do not believe what you yourself have imagined, persuading yourself that a God inspires you. Believe nothing on the sole authority of your masters and priests. After examination, believe what you yourself have tested and found to be reasonable, and conform your conduct thereto.
    - -- The Buddha

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    - -- Aristotle

10. #24 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

There's some guy who does videos of himself fixing up "totalled" Tesla vehicles, he talks about these things regularly.

I would suggest him going for a Rivian (The R1T is a great electric pickup truck). I love Tesla vehicles, don't get me wrong, I just dislike the "warranty" rules and the reality that I am basically renting it. If you want to trade it in you have to go through Tesla for that too... per their contracts that you sign when you "purchase" one of these things. It really depends on how much your husband cares about open source stuff. If he doesn't care that nobody at all but a Tesla mechanic can ever work on it... then go for it.
    I'm thinking that that is bullshit then. He pays cash for our vehicles rather than getting a loan. What's the point if you don't actually "own" it then, whether you pay cash or get a note? Bah.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to ThatOwlWoman For This Post:

Joe Capitalist (05-09-2022)

12. #25 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I'm thinking that that is bullshit then. He pays cash for our vehicles rather than getting a loan. What's the point if you don't actually "own" it then, whether you pay cash or get a note? Bah.
    The Rivian is not Tesla, BTW... LOL. Look it up, it's a newly released EV that I am thinking of purchasing myself.
    - -- Aristotle

- -- The Buddha

- -- Aristotle

13. #26 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,109 Times in 12,635 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,443 Times in 1,387 Posts
    Blog Entries

Interesting:

Adding to its prodigious losses - its shares have fallen more than 70% YTD - shares of electric carmaker Rivian continued to tumble on Monday following reports that Ford and another investor are looking to sell their shares at a discount as the company's post-IPO lockup finally expires, allowing insiders to cash out (while their shares are still worth something).

CNBC reported Sunday that Ford is to offer 8 million Rivian shares via Goldman Sachs, while JPMorgan is readying a sale of 13 million to 15 million shares belonging to other insiders.

Rivian shares were down nearly 10% at their peak during the pre-market selloff.

Rivian's IPO was a memorable one, and emblematic of the profit-less tech craze that characterized the pandemic-era market. It was the sixth biggest IPO in US history, generating more than $13 billion to fund growth for the EV-maker, unfortunately, the production of its products at its plant in Normal, Illinois has lagged due to supply-chain pressures. Back in March, the company said it expected to produce 25,000 electric trucks and SUVs this year, as the start-up battled through supply chain constraints and internal production snags. That would be just half of the vehicle production forecast to investors last year as part of its IPO roadshow.

Late last month, Amazon and Ford revealed that they had lost a combined $12.3 billion on their Rivian investments.
    https://oilprice.com/Latest-Energy-N...Of-Shares.html
    I choose my own words like the Americans of olden times........before this dystopia arrived.

DARK AGES SUCK!

14. #27 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,364 Times in 6,036 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 602 Times in 566 Posts

You never really own a Tesla. Tesla Corp can reach into and change programming in your car every time you charge at one of their stations.
    So I guess you never really own your computer or iPhone since the manufacturer can change software remotely as well.
    Who wouldn't Tesla owners want Tesla to update their software to add new features and fix bugs?
    Tesla just sent a new software update a few days ago to update the interface. I kinda like the new functions.
    Tesla owners love the new software updates that improve the car.

You should buy a Tesla. You'd love it, too.
    Judge Juan M. Merchan wrote that Trump “appears to take the position that his situation and this case are unique and that the pre-trial publicity will never subside. However, this view does not align with reality.”

15. #28 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

The Rivian is not Tesla, BTW... LOL. Look it up, it's a newly released EV that I am thinking of purchasing myself.
    Will do. My comment was directed at the Tesla stuff. I don't see how, if someone purchases and OWNS something, the seller can come back later and tell you that you can't sell it or trade it in or tinker around with its programming.

16. #29 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Capitalist View Post
    So I guess you never really own your computer or iPhone since the manufacturer can change software remotely as well.
    Who wouldn't Tesla owners want Tesla to update their software to add new features and fix bugs?
    Tesla just sent a new software update a few days ago to update the interface. I kinda like the new functions.
    Tesla owners love the new software updates that improve the car.

You should buy a Tesla. You'd love it, too.
    You have one? Type? Pros? Cons? Mr. Owl loves tech, especially new tech. I'm more of a mind with Damo and don't like the idea of them telling you that you can't just outright sell it, or trade it in, or them having the power to do whatever to it remotely.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to ThatOwlWoman For This Post:

ExpressLane (05-09-2022)

18. #30 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,364 Times in 6,036 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 602 Times in 566 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ExpressLane View Post
    Joe Capitalist helped Elon by Twitter. Thanks Joe Capitalist!! Helping For the right get their voice on Twitter back.
    You're welcome. Too bad you don't make enough money to buy a Tesla. I feel sorry for you.
    Judge Juan M. Merchan wrote that Trump “appears to take the position that his situation and this case are unique and that the pre-trial publicity will never subside. However, this view does not align with reality.”