Page 27 of 51 FirstFirst ... 1723242526272829303137 ... LastLast

Thread: Tesla Model 3 named winner in KBB’s 5-Year Cost to Own Awards 2022. MAGA wets panties

1. #391 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,174 Times in 5,911 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 593 Times in 557 Posts

It appears that Hertz’s bet on electric vehicles like Teslas is paying off.

During a recent interview, Hertz CEO Stephen Scherr highlighted that the all-electric vehicles in the company’s fleet of rental cars are seeing a lot of demand.

Hertz made headlines almost a year ago when the American car rental giant placed an order for 100,000 Teslas as part of its efforts to transform its fleet into sustainable vehicles. In more recent announcements, Hertz also ordered EVs from other carmakers such as Polestar and General Motors.
    In a recent segment on Yahoo Finance, the Hertz CEO was asked if the company’s Tesla fleet was attracting interest among clients. Scherr did not skip a beat when he responded that the demand for Hertz’ Teslas is very healthy. The CEO explained that Hertz’s Teslas are not only being rented by travelers and ride-haling drivers — some are being used by corporate travelers who work for companies that are looking to lower their carbon footprint.

“Demand has been very, very solid. And remember, we’re seeing demand not only among leisure travelers but also corporate travelers, where in fact, corporations want their employees in an electric vehicle to satisfy some of their carbon footprint objectives. And of course, we’ve been renting to Uber and Lyft as part of their ride-sharing network. Demand across all three has been very strong,” the CEO said.

Hertz is looking to have 25% of its fleet be electric vehicles by the end of 2024. So far, only about 5% of the company’s rental fleet is electric. Despite this, the momentum for EVs seems strong for the car rental giant, especially as Hertz has been seeing some substantial savings in the maintenance of its electric vehicles.

“I’d also point out from a financial point of view. For Hertz, the maintenance is appreciably lower on (the) electric vehicles. We’re seeing it 40-50% lower, just given the nature of the car itself,” Scherr said.

The Hertz CEO also addressed the potential issue of range anxiety for customers, stating that the company is actively looking to secure charging support for its electric car fleet. On Tuesday alone, Hertz announced an EV charging deal with BP, with the company planning on having support for thousands of charging stations across the country by the end of 2023. Of course, the company’s Tesla fleet is already supported by the Supercharger Network, which is arguably the best rapid charging network for electric cars in the United States
    Republican Congressman Ken Buck:
    “We’re at a time in American politics, that I am not going to lie on behalf of my presidential candidate, on behalf of my party. And I’m very sad that others in my party have taken the position that, as long as we get the White House, it doesn’t really matter what we say,”

2. #392 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,969 Times in 14,556 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 949 Times in 933 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ExpressLane View Post
    Should be repeated.
    IMPEACH 46 FOR TREASON
    Biden/Harris 2024
    IT'S A NO BRAINER!

3. #393 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,957 Times in 10,497 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 573 Times in 557 Posts
    Blog Entries

Reportedly, Geico has decided not to cover the costs to repair a Tesla, regardless of fault.

A Tesla owner has reportedly struggled to get his car fixed after a recent accident. Fortunately, the owner is okay, and the accident wasn't his fault, at least according to the various stories about the matter. However, it seems Geico is unwilling to pay the cost to repair the Tesla, so the Tesla-certified repair shop won't move forward with the work.

4. #394 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,824 Times in 8,868 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 896 Times in 801 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Damocles View Post
    You never really own a Tesla. Tesla Corp can reach into and change programming in your car every time you charge at one of their stations.
    I’ve OWNED a Tesla Model S since 2016 and my Brother-in-law has OWNED (2) Tesla’s - Model S since 2015 and Model X 2017

Question … how long have YOU personally OWNED a Tesla?

BTW … my 2021 Stingray Z51 Corvette has regular updates downloaded
    ONE-N-DONE, YOU GOT PLAYED; Time To Play-On
    Remember ... ELECTIONS HAVE CONSEQUENCES ... So STFU Bitch

5. #395 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Bourbon View Post
    I’ve OWNED a Tesla Model S since 2016 and my Brother-in-law has OWNED (2) Tesla’s - Model S since 2015 and Model X 2017

Question … how long have YOU personally OWNED a Tesla?

BTW … my 2021 Stingray Z51 Corvette has regular updates downloaded
    I guess Damocles thinks he never really owns his PC, iPad or cell phone because they have regular software updates as well.
    Nobody believes their far right anti-EV bullshit anymore. EVs are here to stay. Just look at the sales records.
    MAGA wets panties. BWAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAH
    “We’re at a time in American politics, that I am not going to lie on behalf of my presidential candidate, on behalf of my party. And I’m very sad that others in my party have taken the position that, as long as we get the White House, it doesn’t really matter what we say,”

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Joe Capitalist For This Post:

Bourbon (09-29-2022)

7. #396 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

8. #397 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Everrati Accelerates Global Production Of Classic Car EV Conversions Following Surging Demand
    ByRemeredzai Joseph Kuhudzai

The world is moving swiftly towards electromobility. Looking at new vehicle segment, battery-electric vehicles continue to grow their market share, with record sales figures being reported month after month in a lot of the major automotive markets.

Haw, haw............................................... ... Haw

9. #398 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Tesla just reported third-quarter vehicle production and delivery numbers for 2022.
    During this quarter in 2021, Elon Musk’s auto business reported deliveries of 241,300 electric cars.
    According to estimates compiled by FactSet-owned Street Account, analysts were expecting Tesla to report deliveries of 364,660 cars for the period ending September 30, 2022.

Electric vehicle makers Tesla just posted third-quarter vehicle production and delivery numbers for 2022. Here are the numbers:

Total deliveries Q3 2022: 343,000
    Total production Q3 2022: 365,000
    Deliveries are the closest approximation of sales reported by Tesla, and they fell short of analysts’ expectations 364,660 vehicles, according to estimates compiled by FactSet-owned Street Account.

Tesla also said in its report the company produced 19,935 of its higher priced Model S and X vehicles, and 345,988 of its more popular Model 3 and Y vehicles during Q3.

Total production increased from the prior quarter of 2022, when Tesla said it made 258,580 vehicles.

During the year-ago quarter, Tesla reported deliveries of 254,695 vehicles, and that it had produced 237,823 cars including just 8,941 Model S and X vehicles, which are the company’s more expensive sedan and SUV with falcon-wing doors, respectively.

In the third quarter of 2022, Tesla faced soaring commodity prices, executive turnover (with the notable departure of AI leader Andrej Karpathy in July) and growing pains at its new factories in Germany and Texas.

Haw, haw............................................... ... Haw

10. #399 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ExpressLane View Post
    IMPEACH 46 FOR TREASON
    Biden/Harris 2024
    IT'S A NO BRAINER!

11. #400 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

100% Electric Vehicles = 11% Of New Vehicle Sales Globally!
    And 15% of new vehicles sold across the world have a plug.

Global plugin vehicle registrations were up 60% in August 2022 compared to August 2021, reaching 847,000 units. This is the best result ever for an off-peak month (as in, not the final month of a quarter). So, expect not only that Q3 will be the best quarter ever for plugins, but also that September will provide the mother of all record months! I expect September will be the first time the world reaches one million plugin vehicle registrations in a month. With China (surely), the USA (likely), and Europe (maybe?) posting record months in September, expect the end of Q3 to be another time of celebration.

With a strong month in August, plugins represented 15% share of the overall auto market. Full electrics (BEVs) themselves reached 11% share of the market! And these numbers could have been even larger of the overall market had not started to recover last month. That, added to the fact that plugless hybrids (HEVs) posted their highest growth rate since last March (+6% YoY), confirms once again the significant correlation between the HEV and pure ICE (internal combustion engine) markets.

12. #401 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Capitalist View Post
    100% Electric Vehicles = 11% Of New Vehicle Sales Globally!
    And 15% of new vehicles sold across the world have a plug.

Global plugin vehicle registrations were up 60% in August 2022 compared to August 2021, reaching 847,000 units. This is the best result ever for an off-peak month (as in, not the final month of a quarter). So, expect not only that Q3 will be the best quarter ever for plugins, but also that September will provide the mother of all record months! I expect September will be the first time the world reaches one million plugin vehicle registrations in a month. With China (surely), the USA (likely), and Europe (maybe?) posting record months in September, expect the end of Q3 to be another time of celebration.

With a strong month in August, plugins represented 15% share of the overall auto market. Full electrics (BEVs) themselves reached 11% share of the market! And these numbers could have been even larger of the overall market had not started to recover last month. That, added to the fact that plugless hybrids (HEVs) posted their highest growth rate since last March (+6% YoY), confirms once again the significant correlation between the HEV and pure ICE (internal combustion engine) markets.
    How come you never include citation links?
    IMPEACH 46 FOR TREASON
    Biden/Harris 2024
    IT'S A NO BRAINER!

13. #402 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lionfish For This Post:

ExpressLane (10-03-2022), MAGA MAN (10-03-2022)

15. #403 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Today, 09:35 AM
    ExcessLies
    Verified User
    This message is hidden because ExcessLies is on your ignore list.

Today, 09:45 AM
    LyinBitch
    Verified User
    This message is hidden because LyinBitch is on your ignore list.

16. #404 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Capitalist View Post
    ExcessLies
    Verified User

LyinBitch
    Verified User

Seems like Mr. Wet Panties has wet his panties again.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lionfish For This Post:

ExpressLane (10-03-2022), MAGA MAN (10-03-2022)

18. #405 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Crapitalist View Post
    ExcessLies
    Verified User

LyinBitch
    Verified User

Joe Crapitalist comes to a debate site and is afraid to debate because he is consistently destroyed by certain debaters.
    IMPEACH 46 FOR TREASON
    Biden/Harris 2024
    IT'S A NO BRAINER!

19. The Following User Says Thank You to ExpressLane For This Post:

Lionfish (10-04-2022)