Page 1 of 51 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Tesla Model 3 named winner in KBB’s 5-Year Cost to Own Awards 2022. MAGA wets panties

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,342 Times in 6,028 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 602 Times in 566 Posts

Default Tesla Model 3 named winner in KBB’s 5-Year Cost to Own Awards 2022. MAGA wets panties

https://www.teslarati.com/tesla-mode...to-own-awards/

Tesla Model 3 named as one of the winners in KBB’s 5-Year Cost to Own Awards for 2022

The Tesla Model 3 was recently deemed by Kelley Blue Book as one of the winners in its 5-Year Cost to Own Awards for 2022. KBB’s 5-Year Cost to Own Award explores the costs associated with the ownership of a vehicle. This includes the vehicle’s price, maintenance costs, fuel or charging rates, any state tax, and registration fees, as well as a car’s depreciation over a 5-year ownership period, among others.

As per the automotive research company, the 2022 Tesla Model 3 leads the “Electric Luxury Vehicle” segment with a 5-year cost to own of $48,233. According to Kelley Blue Book, the Model 3’s 5-year cost to own is $16,411 less than the segment average. This is quite impressive, especially considering that the Model 3 is Tesla’s entry-level vehicle today.

The fact that the Model 3 was dubbed by KBB as one of the winners in its 2022 5-Year Cost to Own Awards is quite unsurprising, especially if one were to consider that electric vehicles like Teslas do not need as much maintenance as their internal combustion engine-powered counterparts. And being part of Tesla’s ecosystem, the Model 3 enjoys a number of perks that some of its rivals in the “Electric Luxury Vehicle” segment do not enjoy as well, such as Supercharging rates, which are extremely convenient and affordable
    Judge Juan M. Merchan wrote that Trump “appears to take the position that his situation and this case are unique and that the pre-trial publicity will never subside. However, this view does not align with reality.”

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Joe Capitalist For This Post:

Walt (03-14-2022)

3. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,312 Times in 8,474 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,701 Times in 2,506 Posts

Some great stuff is coming out of electric cars.
    Daniel Patrick Moynihan said it best, "You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
    Paul Begala, "Politics is show business for ugly people."
    Stephen Colbert, "Reality has a well known liberal bias."
    trump is a child rapist. We all know it.

4. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,608 Times in 10,570 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 578 Times in 535 Posts
    Blog Entries

You never really own a Tesla. Tesla Corp can reach into and change programming in your car every time you charge at one of their stations.
    Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but rather we have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.
    - -- Aristotle

Believe nothing on the faith of traditions, even though they have been held in honor for many generations and in diverse places. Do not believe a thing because many people speak of it. Do not believe on the faith of the sages of the past. Do not believe what you yourself have imagined, persuading yourself that a God inspires you. Believe nothing on the sole authority of your masters and priests. After examination, believe what you yourself have tested and found to be reasonable, and conform your conduct thereto.
    - -- The Buddha

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    - -- Aristotle

5. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Salty Walty View Post
    Some great stuff is coming out of electric cars.
    Flames and smoke?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plug-in_electric_vehicle_fire_incidents

6. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,210 Times in 10,689 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 579 Times in 563 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Dutch View Post
    Agreed. Shooting angry Trumpers should be a national pastime.
    Quote Originally Posted by BidenPresident View Post
    Only conclusion. Going to a Christian school causes you to be a mass murderer.

7. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,931 Times in 5,908 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 444 Times in 424 Posts
    Blog Entries

The "one of" refers to the "Segment" that it won. In this case its "luxury electric".
    So good for them. Not too sure who it was that they beat out besides Keureg (the coffee cup guys).

And I'll be curious to see what the cost comes to after 10-15 years.
    "Those who vote decide nothing. Those who count the vote decide everything." Joseph Stalin
    The USA has lost WWIV to China with no other weapons but China Virus and some cash to buy democrats.

8. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,172 Times in 14,710 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 952 Times in 936 Posts
    Blog Entries

IMPEACH 46 FOR TREASON
    Biden/Harris 2024
    IT'S A NO BRAINER!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to ExpressLane For This Post:

Callinectes (05-09-2022)

10. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,386 Times in 14,102 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 649 Times in 616 Posts

You talk about politics making for interesting bedfellows. You have Elon Musk who has been called a Nazi, a supporter of white supremacy, runs a racist company (Tesla) and could be responsible for the end of our democracy but he makes a car that liberals like and conservatives (supposedly) don't.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cawacko For This Post:

Callinectes (05-09-2022), ExpressLane (05-09-2022)

12. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,172 Times in 14,710 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 952 Times in 936 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cawacko View Post
    You talk about politics making for interesting bedfellows. You have Elon Musk who has been called a Nazi, a supporter of white supremacy, runs a racist company (Tesla) and could be responsible for the end of our democracy but he makes a car that liberals like and conservatives (supposedly) don't.
    Liberals like Tesla because it makes them feel superior conservatives don't need a car to make them feel superior.
    IMPEACH 46 FOR TREASON
    Biden/Harris 2024
    IT'S A NO BRAINER!

13. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by ExpressLane View Post
    Liberals like Tesla because it makes them feel superior conservatives don't need a car to make them feel superior.
    There's definitely a class element to Tesla's, no question. But in a certain sense couldn't that be said about any really high end car?

14. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Capitalist View Post
    https://www.teslarati.com/tesla-mode...to-own-awards/

Tesla Model 3 named as one of the winners in KBB’s 5-Year Cost to Own Awards for 2022

The Tesla Model 3 was recently deemed by Kelley Blue Book as one of the winners in its 5-Year Cost to Own Awards for 2022. KBB’s 5-Year Cost to Own Award explores the costs associated with the ownership of a vehicle. This includes the vehicle’s price, maintenance costs, fuel or charging rates, any state tax, and registration fees, as well as a car’s depreciation over a 5-year ownership period, among others.

As per the automotive research company, the 2022 Tesla Model 3 leads the “Electric Luxury Vehicle” segment with a 5-year cost to own of $48,233. According to Kelley Blue Book, the Model 3’s 5-year cost to own is $16,411 less than the segment average. This is quite impressive, especially considering that the Model 3 is Tesla’s entry-level vehicle today.

The fact that the Model 3 was dubbed by KBB as one of the winners in its 2022 5-Year Cost to Own Awards is quite unsurprising, especially if one were to consider that electric vehicles like Teslas do not need as much maintenance as their internal combustion engine-powered counterparts. And being part of Tesla’s ecosystem, the Model 3 enjoys a number of perks that some of its rivals in the “Electric Luxury Vehicle” segment do not enjoy as well, such as Supercharging rates, which are extremely convenient and affordable
    MAGA appreciates you suckers buying cars from Musk and helping to his bankroll in his purchase of Twitter, alt-lefties wet panties.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Lionfish For This Post:

ExpressLane (05-09-2022)

16. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,551 Times in 2,991 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 107 Times in 102 Posts

I don't know. If, heaven forbid, I lived in a city or town I probably would have one. I've got all the gas stations that sell E-85 fuel mapped out in my travelling circles because that is what I'm using in my Yukon. It's about 80 cents cheaper per gallon in most stations around here. I'm not above using alternative methods of transportation. I even ride my horse places I need to go when I have the time and the weather looks good.

17. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,551 Times in 2,991 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 107 Times in 102 Posts

There's definitely a class element to Tesla's, no question. But in a certain sense couldn't that be said about any really high end car?
    My FIL has worked as an engineer for Corvette for 20+ years. It's definitely a class thing when someone comes in to buy one of those cars. Old, retired guys mostly but yea, it's a status thing.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to leaningright For This Post:

cawacko (05-09-2022), ExpressLane (05-09-2022)

19. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by leaningright View Post
    I don't know. If, heaven forbid, I lived in a city or town I probably would have one. I've got all the gas stations that sell E-85 fuel mapped out in my travelling circles because that is what I'm using in my Yukon. It's about 80 cents cheaper per gallon in most stations around here. I'm not above using alternative methods of transportation. I even ride my horse places I need to go when I have the time and the weather looks good.
    More liberals live in urban areas and right now urban areas are better set up for EV's so it's not surprising more liberals drive them (if that is in fact accurate). I'm not a big car person but I'm with you in that I have nothing against Tesla's. This is purely anecdotal but I've never heard anyone I know say "I won't drive a Tesla because they're a liberal car".

20. The Following User Says Thank You to cawacko For This Post:

leaningright (05-09-2022)

21. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Lionfish For This Post:

ExpressLane (05-09-2022)