Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Russia offers Ukraine negotiations for surrender terms.

1. #106 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 68,635 Times in 51,923 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,506 Times in 2,463 Posts
    Blog Entries

https://www.voanews.com/a/latest-dev...3/6569729.html
    FIGHTING
    * Russia has reportedly lost more than 650 tanks and about 3,000 armored vehicles and heavy equipment in the war so far.
    * Russia suffered heavy losses when Ukraine destroyed a pontoon bridge over the Siversky Donets River.
    * Ukraine puts a Russian soldier on trial today for alleged war crimes.
    HUMANITARIAN
    * Teachers in Ukraine are holding classes, sometimes underground, to give their students some sense of support.
    * World Central Kitchen reports serving more than 23 million meals and delivering more than 11 million pounds of food.
    * A 9-year-old girl is making a miraculous recovery in Lviv from a shrapnel wound to the head.
    * Nearly 100 children were killed in Ukraine last month, according to UNICEF.
    ECONOMY
    * Russian ports have been busy since the invasion began as companies rush to fill orders before sanctions take full effect.
    * EU foreign policy chief, Josep Borrell said Friday the bloc will provide an additional 500 million euros worth of military aid to Ukraine.
    * Russian inflation topped 17% in April, thanks to its invasion of Ukraine and the ensuing sanctions.
    DIPLOMACY
    * US Defense Secretary Lloyd Austin spoke to his Russian counterpart Friday, the first time since the invasion began.
    * Turkey’s President Recep Tayyip Erdogan said Friday that Turkey did not have a favorable opinion about Sweden and Finland joining NATO.
    * Sweden issued a report Friday criticizing Russia’s invasion of Ukraine and how it affected Sweden’s national security.
    * Ukraine’s foreign minister asked G-7 foreign ministers to seize Russian assets and turn them over to Ukraine to help cover the costs of the war.

God bless America and those who defend our Constitution.

"Hatred is a failure of imagination" - Graham Greene, "The Power and the Glory"

2. #107 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,400 Times in 5,849 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 6,400 Times in 6,147 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cypress View Post
    The consensus and the facts on the ground are that Russia is not winning and Ukraine is never going to surrender.

We'll see. For the time being- that looks like winning to me.
    " First they came for the journalists...
    We don't know what happened after that . "

Maria Ressa.

3. #108 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,029 Times in 12,559 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,404 Times in 1,348 Posts
    Blog Entries

Their performance is shitty and inept.
    YEP, as I have mentioned PUTIN messed up in not understanding the capacity of his military. You can be sure that he lost respect in the eyes of Xi as a result. This will not change the friendship between Russia and China but you can bet every last dollar you have that the Party will redouble its efforts to make sure that they dont make the same mistake.
    This illegal illegitimate regime that runs America is at fault...not me.... they do not represent me and I have long objected to their crimes against humanity.

4. #109 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

You were excited for this war to be a showcase for Russian military prowess and proficiency, but what this war actually did is show Russian military ineptness and weakness.

I don't think NATO armed forces have anything to fear from a conventional military engagement with Putin, especially with the addition of the professional and capable Swedish and Finnish armed forces.
    LIAR, I told you what the Russians were up to, what they were planning to do.

No, obviously NATO has nothing to fear from Russia, but NATO sells the lie, which is a huge problem. THe propensity for lying is a symptom of the death of the West.
    This illegal illegitimate regime that runs America is at fault...not me.... they do not represent me and I have long objected to their crimes against humanity.

5. #110 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,770 Times in 7,271 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,060 Times in 1,005 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by moon View Post
    There won't be any future generations if Biden plays stoopid.
    At this point, one legitimately wonders if there needs to be.
    Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel. Samuel Johnson, 1775
    Religion....is the opiate of the people. Karl Marx, 1848
    Freedom's just another word for nothin' left to lose. Kris Kristofferson, 1969

6. #111 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,288 Times in 27,096 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,975 Times in 2,692 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye10 View Post
    YEP, as I have mentioned PUTIN messed up in not understanding the capacity of his military. You can be sure that he lost respect in the eyes of Xi as a result. This will not change the friendship between Russia and China but you can bet every last dollar you have that the Party will redouble its efforts to make sure that they dont make the same mistake.
    But you have routinely blustered about how great your judgement and predictions are.

But on February 24, you just blindly assumed the proficiency and capabilities of the Russian army was totally awesome.

7. #112 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

But you have routinely blustered about how great your judgement and predictions are.

But on February 24, you just blindly assumed the proficiency and capabilities of the Russian army was totally awesome.
    I did no such thing, for instance I said that if Ukraine went badly then Putin would be gone.

8. #113 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,400 Times in 5,849 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 6,400 Times in 6,147 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NiftyNiblick View Post
    At this point, one legitimately wonders if there needs to be.
    Evolution has been kind to many of us.
    " First they came for the journalists...
    We don't know what happened after that . "

Maria Ressa.

9. #114 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,030 Times in 8,285 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,673 Times in 2,479 Posts

LIAR, I told you what the Russians were up to, what they were planning to do.

No, obviously NATO has nothing to fear from Russia, but NATO sells the lie, which is a huge problem. THe propensity for lying is a symptom of the death of the West.
    Russia has enough nuclear weapons to kill 80 to 98% of the people in NATO. That seems like a danger to me.

Putin has alt right supporters, like Hawkeye, who think he is a great savior of the west. That is a danger too.
    Daniel Patrick Moynihan said it best, "You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
    Paul Begala, "Politics is show business for ugly people."
    Stephen Colbert, "Reality has a well known liberal bias."

10. #115 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Walt View Post
    Russia has enough nuclear weapons to kill 80 to 98% of the people in NATO. That seems like a danger to me.

Putin has alt right supporters, like Hawkeye, who think he is a great savior of the west. That is a danger too.
    You are such a liar, I have been saying nonstop for years that Russia has joined The New Chinese Empire which is out to kick our asses because they really hate us, and that they almost certainly will.

11. #116 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

The WOKE dont mind lying in the least, and they are so good at it with all the practice they have had.

Buckle Up.

12. #117 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,288 Times in 27,096 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,975 Times in 2,692 Posts

I did no such thing, for instance I said that if Ukraine went badly then Putin would be gone.
    In February, you were so convinced of the prowess and capabilities of Russia's military, you were screaming in bold red caps that Ukraine was going to get it's ass kicked.

I just got good intel...."We are going to kick the living shit out of the Ukrainians.....YOU DONT POKE THE BEAR!" is the program.
    "YOU DO NOT POKE THE RUSSIAN BEAR!"

13. #118 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

In February, you were so convinced of the prowess and capabilities of Russia's military, that you were screaming in bold red caps that Ukraine was going to get it's ass kicked.
    That was Russia talking not me you nitwit.

14. #119 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

In February, you were so convinced of the prowess and capabilities of Russia's military, you were screaming in bold red caps that Ukraine was going to get it's ass kicked.
    Is English your first language because that would be rather alarming.

15. #120 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I am your occasionally humble reporter, when I report on what is I am talking about the true nature of the Universe to the best of my ability.

You have to meet me here before I would be willing to invest into you.

And you have to not be a shit generally.

I dont need anymore of those.