Thread: Covid Follies #2: a personal take

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,733 Times in 4,165 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,366 Times in 1,291 Posts
    Blog Entries

Default Covid Follies #2: a personal take

Two days after November 25, 2021 I was taken by ambulance to be hospitalized for Covid-19. 2 weeks prior I had a deteriorating situation regarding breathing, eating and sleeping that I wrongly attributed to bad allergies/colds due to the unseasonably warm weather. Sadly, that was not the case.

At the hospital, I was diagnosed with Covid and placed in the ICU with a major oxygen tube strapped to my nostrils. I was there for several days before being moved to a single room in the regular patient floor. I was there for the month of December. I could barely eat the pureed food, could barely sleep and just barely had the strength/breath to sit up. I was given remdesivir and baricitinib for about 2 or 3 doses.....my situation just slightly/slowly improved. Unbeknown to the attending staff, I had obtained some ivermectin from a family acquaintance who had his doctor's prescription. I took a daily dosage for 5 days. On the 7th day the doctors and staff were all praising how markedly better I looked. My ability to breath on my own markedly improved, and my appetite came back enough to get off pureed food (although still way below my normal appetite, and with my taste buds slightly screwed up).

Although weak in strength and lung capacity and 40 pounds lighter, I was well enough to be discharged with about 2 weeks worth of nurses checking up on me and some physical therapy. Getting better every day, although it's a LONG road back to my old self.

Now the weird thing is that I and my 2 brothers did NOT get the "vaccines" then offered, but we wore the masks, stayed out of crowded places..I even wore the disposable gloves. Yet my two brothers got it and got over it in about 2 weeks like a common cold treated with homeopathic remedies. Go figure. Also, when I was about to be discharged, one of the nurses stressed to me to "get vaccinated" ASAP. I asked that since all my blood and PCR tests were negative, did/could the hospital give me some type of certificate declaring I had it, was treated, and cured. She said the hospital, "doesn't do that" but had no explanation why.

My question that I didn't ask them is: if I now have the anti-bodies showing I am no longer positive or a carrier via treatment, why should I get a series of shots that does NOT guarantee prevention, infection and has potential detrimental side effects?

Given the constant barrage of "vaccine" promos by the media that is chock full of contradictions and errors (Fauci being the leader), my final question would be interesting to be put on the public forum.

Any thoughts?
    During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.

George Orwell

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Taichiliberal For This Post:

Life is Golden (02-01-2022)

3. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 2 Times in 2 Posts

I can't think of a single reason to believe you.

4. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,354 Times in 8,511 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,704 Times in 2,509 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Taichiliberal View Post
    My question that I didn't ask them is: if I now have the anti-bodies showing I am no longer positive or a carrier via treatment, why should I get a series of shots that does NOT guarantee prevention, infection and has potential detrimental side effects?
    Several billion people have gotten the vaccine, with pretty much no detrimental side effects. It is one of the safest treatments ever.

The vaccine increases immunity for people who have gotten Covid before. Neither the vaccine nor having had Covid will absolutely prevent you from getting it again, but the vaccine will decrease your chances of dying by 95% if you get it again. Given that the first time you got Covid, it did a number on you, you want to try to avoid dying the second time you get it.

Depending on where you are in the country, you could be looking at getting it the second time around this Summer, or maybe next Winter. Without the vaccine, expect to be back in the hospital, and back on oxygen. Worm medication will not save you.
    Daniel Patrick Moynihan said it best, "You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
    Paul Begala, "Politics is show business for ugly people."
    Stephen Colbert, "Reality has a well known liberal bias."
    trump is a child rapist. We all know it.

5. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,115 Times in 12,640 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,445 Times in 1,389 Posts
    Blog Entries

THOUGHTS:

Thank God that the pandemic seems to be over.

Now comes the retributions for the betrayals.

Buckle Up!
    I choose my own words like the Americans of olden times........before this dystopia arrived.

DARK AGES SUCK!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Hawkeye10 For This Post:

Lionfish (02-01-2022)

7. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye10 View Post
    We are in the second highest peak in deaths. It is not as bad as a year ago at this time, but if you are not vaccinated, it is worse than a year ago. This is far from over.

You are not going to get revenge on a virus anymore than you can get revenge on a hurricane. You can attack random nurses, just like you could attack a weatherman for the hurricane.... But that will do you no good.
    Daniel Patrick Moynihan said it best, "You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."

8. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Walt View Post
    We are in the second highest peak in deaths. It is not as bad as a year ago at this time, but if you are not vaccinated, it is worse than a year ago. This is far from over.

You are not going to get revenge on a virus anymore than you can get revenge on a hurricane. You can attack random nurses, just like you could attack a weatherman for the hurricane.... But that will do you no good.
    #NEVERAGAIN!
    I choose my own words like the Americans of olden times........before this dystopia arrived.

DARK AGES SUCK!

9. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

#NEVERAGAIN!
    I have some very bad news for you. MUCH WORSE WILL HAPPEN SOONER OR LATER!!! This is not the big one, but the big one is coming. There will be a pandemic that if not handled properly will kill 10-90% of the world population. It will happen sooner or later.

Rather than seeking revenge on healthcare workers, we need to be learning from this disaster, and figuring out how to handle things better next time it happens.

10. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I might have gotten COVID at Christmas, I was weird for about 48 hours. I was megadosing on VIT-D at the time.

DARK AGES SUCK!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Hawkeye10 For This Post:

TOP (02-01-2022)

12. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I might have gotten COVID at Christmas, I was weird for about 48 hours. I was megadosing on VIT-D at the time.
    There has been an absolutely brutal influenza going around. I have had several coworkers who were sure they had Covid, only to find that it was influenza. One even ended up in the hospital over influenza. She is younger also, in her late 20's. I do not know her health particulars, but she looks generally healthy (a little on the thin side, which might have been part of the problem).

I do not know how much a "megadose" is to you, and I do not know the side effects of a Vitamin D "megadose".

13. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,460 Times in 7,746 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 510 Times in 503 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Walt View Post
    There has been an absolutely brutal influenza going around. I have had several coworkers who were sure they had Covid, only to find that it was influenza. One even ended up in the hospital over influenza. She is younger also, in her late 20's. I do not know her health particulars, but she looks generally healthy (a little on the thin side, which might have been part of the problem).

I do not know how much a "megadose" is to you, and I do not know the side effects of a Vitamin D "megadose".
    The only vitamin that you don't want too much of is A.

I learned the hard way. The 1st time by eating 4 bowls of "Total" and then was sick for 2 days.

14. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 69,487 Times in 52,490 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,514 Times in 2,471 Posts
    Blog Entries

Two days after November 25, 2021 I was taken by ambulance to be hospitalized for Covid-19. 2 weeks prior I had a deteriorating situation regarding breathing, eating and sleeping that I wrongly attributed to bad allergies/colds due to the unseasonably warm weather. Sadly, that was not the case.

At the hospital, I was diagnosed with Covid and placed in the ICU with a major oxygen tube strapped to my nostrils......

...My question that I didn't ask them is: if I now have the anti-bodies showing I am no longer positive or a carrier via treatment, why should I get a series of shots that does NOT guarantee prevention, infection and has potential detrimental side effects?

Given the constant barrage of "vaccine" promos by the media that is chock full of contradictions and errors (Fauci being the leader), my final question would be interesting to be put on the public forum.

Any thoughts?
    Don't get vaxxed. Tell God to go fuck himself and take your chances on the next variant. I know you can do it!

FWIW, I'm fully vaxxed with booster. It's a form of armor.
    God bless America and those who defend our Constitution.

"Hatred is a failure of imagination" - Graham Greene, "The Power and the Glory"

15. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 69,487 Times in 52,490 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,514 Times in 2,471 Posts
    Blog Entries

#NEVERAGAIN!
    Have you tried injecting bleach into your eyes and Ivermectin suppositories?

God bless America and those who defend our Constitution.

"Hatred is a failure of imagination" - Graham Greene, "The Power and the Glory"

16. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,959 Times in 6,246 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 483 Times in 453 Posts

At the hospital, I was diagnosed with Covid and placed in the ICU with a major oxygen tube strapped to my nostrils. I was there for several days before being moved to a single room in the regular patient floor. I was there for the month of December. I could barely eat the pureed food, could barely sleep and just barely had the strength/breath to sit up. I was given remdesivir and baricitinib for about 2 or 3 doses.....my situation just slightly/slowly improved. Unbeknown to the attending staff, I had obtained some ivermectin from a family acquaintance who had his doctor's prescription. I took a daily dosage for 5 days. On the 7th day the doctors and staff were all praising how markedly better I looked. My ability to breath on my own markedly improved, and my appetite came back enough to get off pureed food (although still way below my normal appetite, and with my taste buds slightly screwed up).

Although weak in strength and lung capacity and 40 pounds lighter, I was well enough to be discharged with about 2 weeks worth of nurses checking up on me and some physical therapy. Getting better every day, although it's a LONG road back to my old self.

Now the weird thing is that I and my 2 brothers did NOT get the "vaccines" then offered, but we wore the masks, stayed out of crowded places..I even wore the disposable gloves. Yet my two brothers got it and got over it in about 2 weeks like a common cold treated with homeopathic remedies. Go figure. Also, when I was about to be discharged, one of the nurses stressed to me to "get vaccinated" ASAP. I asked that since all my blood and PCR tests were negative, did/could the hospital give me some type of certificate declaring I had it, was treated, and cured. She said the hospital, "doesn't do that" but had no explanation why.

Any thoughts?
    Welcome back! Hope you have a smooth recovery and are back to 100% soon. Now, you have natural immunity which is far superior to the "vaccine."

Take care.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Life is Golden For This Post:

Taichiliberal (02-01-2022)

18. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,959 Times in 6,246 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 483 Times in 453 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Dillon View Post
    The only vitamin that you don't want too much of is A.

I learned the hard way. The 1st time by eating 4 bowls of "Total" and then was sick for 2 days.
    What happened??

19. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,242 Times in 10,706 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 579 Times in 563 Posts
    Blog Entries

THOUGHTS:

Buckle Up!
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Dutch View Post
    Agreed. Shooting angry Trumpers should be a national pastime.
    Quote Originally Posted by BidenPresident View Post
    Only conclusion. Going to a Christian school causes you to be a mass murderer.