1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,608 Times in 10,570 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 578 Times in 535 Posts
    Blog Entries

Default Moon Landing "Hoax" Debunked...

The fun way to debunk Myths...

Basically, there is a lazer retro-reflector on the moon landing equipment. With it you can prove unequivocally that we landed on the moon.

Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but rather we have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.
    - -- Aristotle

Believe nothing on the faith of traditions, even though they have been held in honor for many generations and in diverse places. Do not believe a thing because many people speak of it. Do not believe on the faith of the sages of the past. Do not believe what you yourself have imagined, persuading yourself that a God inspires you. Believe nothing on the sole authority of your masters and priests. After examination, believe what you yourself have tested and found to be reasonable, and conform your conduct thereto.
    - -- The Buddha

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    - -- Aristotle

2. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 1 Time in 1 Post

There's a great History Channel show that looks at questions regarding the moon landing, very good. More thorough that Adam and Jamie, but not as fun.
    Here lies the body of Mary Lee; died at the age of a hundred and three. For fifteen years she kept her virginity; not a bad record for this vicinity.

3. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,608 Times in 10,570 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 578 Times in 535 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Norman Paperman View Post
    There's a great History Channel show that looks at questions regarding the moon landing, very good. More thorough that Adam and Jamie, but not as fun.
    Yeah, the Myth Busters make it more entertaining. I've always been astounded by the people who believed this one. You have to be totally credulous to any suggestion. I don't trust the government all that much, but that doesn't mean my brain has to turn off.
    Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but rather we have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.
    - -- Aristotle

Believe nothing on the faith of traditions, even though they have been held in honor for many generations and in diverse places. Do not believe a thing because many people speak of it. Do not believe on the faith of the sages of the past. Do not believe what you yourself have imagined, persuading yourself that a God inspires you. Believe nothing on the sole authority of your masters and priests. After examination, believe what you yourself have tested and found to be reasonable, and conform your conduct thereto.
    - -- The Buddha

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    - -- Aristotle

4. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 1 Time in 1 Post

I'm with you there, Damo.

Buzz Aldrin punched a guy, Bart Sibrel, who accused him of lying about the moon landing. Sibrel has made a career out of perpetuating the notion that NASA's Apollo moon missions were hoaxes.

Hell of a punch for a 72 year old man. Makes you wonder if space travel effects the human body...

[youtube]TmH-N65R-lg[/youtube]
    Last edited by Norman Paperman; 04-19-2009 at 09:59 PM.
    Here lies the body of Mary Lee; died at the age of a hundred and three. For fifteen years she kept her virginity; not a bad record for this vicinity.

5. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,051 Times in 26,519 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,742 Times in 4,521 Posts
    Blog Entries

There are two incontrovertible pieces of evidence. One, the Russians would have screaming that the landings were fake and two, measurements of the Moon's distance from Earth are taken every day which would not be possible without the Lunar Laser Ranging Experiment.

Quote Originally Posted by Damocles View Post
    Yeah, the Myth Busters make it more entertaining. I've always been astounded by the people who believed this one. You have to be totally credulous to any suggestion. I don't trust the government all that much, but that doesn't mean my brain has to turn off.

6. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

And there's more.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indepen..._Moon_landings

Quote Originally Posted by tom prendergast View Post
    There are two incontrovertible pieces of evidence. One, the Russians would have screaming that the landings were fake and two, measurements of the Moon's distance from Earth are taken every day which would not be possible without the Lunar Laser Ranging Experiment.

7. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

This should finally shut the loonies up.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lunar_R...ssance_Orbiter

Quote Originally Posted by tom prendergast View Post

8. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,676 Times in 14,049 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,136 Times in 1,080 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Damocles View Post
    The best Hitler Channel anti-conspiracy program is The Kennedy Assassination: Beyond Conspiracy. It is an excellent feature.

9. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,432 Times in 12,044 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,699 Times in 1,647 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Norman Paperman View Post
    I'm with you there, Damo.

Buzz Aldrin punched a guy, Bart Sibrel, who accused him of lying about the moon landing. Sibrel has made a career out of perpetuating the notion that NASA's Apollo moon missions were hoaxes.

Hell of a punch for a 72 year old man. Makes you wonder if space travel effects the human body...

[youtube]TmH-N65R-lg[/youtube]
    That idiot getting clocked, is even funnier if you keep hitting replay.
    SEDITION: incitement of resistance to or insurrection against lawful authority.