Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Buttigieg Has a Plan to Reduce Rear-Enders

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 2 Times in 2 Posts

Default Buttigieg Has a Plan to Reduce Rear-Enders

IF I KEEP BENDING OVER, I'LL FEEL GIDDY

Bungling Biden's Department of Transportation has unveiled a “zero-fatality road safety strategy.”

According to transportation secretary Peter "Puffer" Buttigieg, “We cannot tolerate the continuing crisis of roadway deaths in America. These deaths are preventable, and that’s why we’re launching the National Roadway Safety Strategy today — a bold, comprehensive plan, with significant new funding from bungling Biden’s Bipartisan Infrastructure Law.”

Just put governors in the engine of every car that prevent the speed from exceeding five miles per hour.

Economist Gordon Tullock facetiously suggested installing a spike in the center of every steering wheel as a way to solve reckless driving. If everyone knew they’d be impaled for braking too hard, deaths would plummet.

Of course, those aren’t serious ideas, but then again, neither are Buttigieg’s.

The DOT’s National Roadway Safety Strategy is based on a “Safe System Approach” that has five objectives: “safer people, safer roads, safer vehicles, safer speeds, and post-crash care” (it’s a real shame they couldn’t work “safer” into that last one).

https://www.nationalreview.com/corner/pete-buttigieg-thinks-he-can-eliminate-traffic-deaths/

2. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,041 Times in 8,401 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 595 Times in 591 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Legion View Post

IF I KEEP BENDING OVER, I'LL FEEL GIDDY

Bungling Biden's Department of Transportation has unveiled a “zero-fatality road safety strategy.”

According to transportation secretary Peter "Puffer" Buttigieg, “We cannot tolerate the continuing crisis of roadway deaths in America. These deaths are preventable, and that’s why we’re launching the National Roadway Safety Strategy today — a bold, comprehensive plan, with significant new funding from bungling Biden’s Bipartisan Infrastructure Law.”

Just put governors in the engine of every car that prevent the speed from exceeding five miles per hour.

Economist Gordon Tullock facetiously suggested installing a spike in the center of every steering wheel as a way to solve reckless driving. If everyone knew they’d be impaled for braking too hard, deaths would plummet.

Of course, those aren’t serious ideas, but then again, neither are Buttigieg’s.

The DOT’s National Roadway Safety Strategy is based on a “Safe System Approach” that has five objectives: “safer people, safer roads, safer vehicles, safer speeds, and post-crash care” (it’s a real shame they couldn’t work “safer” into that last one).

https://www.nationalreview.com/corner/pete-buttigieg-thinks-he-can-eliminate-traffic-deaths/
    I bet he knows how to get rid of "rear enders"

3. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Yakuda View Post
    I doubt that he wants to, but all joking aside, what he wants to do is scary.

Read the linked article. I can't post any more of it because Rana.

4. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,970 Times in 32,285 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,869 Times in 2,756 Posts
    Blog Entries

safer people
    don't arm them with cars.......
    Isaiah 6:5
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

5. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,102 Times in 12,629 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,441 Times in 1,385 Posts
    Blog Entries

More surveillance because the Revolution is always interested in more surveillance and lower speed limits and other measures to degrade the driving experience because cars must die to save the planet (and because they represent freedom, and the WOKE sure wont stand for that!).

Will likely be making plans for 24/7 tracking of all cars, likely with charges included....anything tp pry people out of cars they own.
    I choose my own words like the Americans of olden times........before this dystopia arrived.

DARK AGES SUCK!

6. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by PostmodernProphet View Post
    don't arm them with cars.......
    Fun fact: modern self-driving cars can be controlled remotely by the police.

7. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,041 Times in 8,401 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 595 Times in 591 Posts
    Blog Entries

I doubt that he wants to, but all joking aside, what he wants to do is scary.

Read the linked article. I can't post any more of it because Rana.
    The guy is an idiot

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Yakuda For This Post:

Earl (01-28-2022)

9. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,264 Times in 13,400 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 840 Times in 799 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Yakuda View Post
    Want to bet he's feeling like a lumberjack there...

10. The Following User Says Thank You to T. A. Gardner For This Post:

Yakuda (01-27-2022)

11. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

There are plans afoot to tax gasoline more already in order to reduce driving, and car tracking technology has been around for years - even if you drive an older car, if you have a smartphone...

BTW most rental cars have a black box that they can access to determine how and where you drove the car.

https://www.smflegal.com/2016/08/23/...owns-controls/

https://www.edmunds.com/car-technolo...rash-data.html
    The plan is to GPS track and charge by the mile, and to charge more for trips your owners do not approve of to discourage you from being a bad serf.
    I choose my own words like the Americans of olden times........before this dystopia arrived.

DARK AGES SUCK!

12. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye10 View Post
    The plan is to GPS track and charge by the mile, and to charge more for trips your owners do not approve of to discourage you from being a bad serf.
    Is that right? I know that Butt-gigger was discussing that a while back, IIRC.

13. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Is that right? I know that Butt-gigger was discussing that a while back, IIRC.
    There is so much power in modern tolling, and remember too that there will be different rates for different people, its not only the price per mile your owners get to set according to whim and power.

DARK AGES SUCK!

14. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

There is so much power in modern tolling, and remember too that there will be different rates for different people, its not only the price per mile your owners get to set according to whim and power.
    I don't doubt it. That's why it is critical that we prise these Fascists out of office and kick the ones embedded in the government bureaucracies to the curb.

15. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I don't doubt it. That's why it is critical that we prise these Fascists out of office and kick the ones embedded in the government bureaucracies to the curb.
    They are not only in Government, this WOKE REVOLUTION has imbedded itself into every power center in America, and they are not leaving without a bloody battle.

This is what Stone for instance never understands, even after he watched what they did to Trump.

DARK AGES SUCK!

16. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

They are not only in Government, this WOKE REVOLUTION has imbedded itself into every power center in America, and they are not leaving without a bloody battle.

This is what Stone for instance never understands, even after he watched what they did to Trump.
    Please don't drag Stone into it. I'm not interested in your feud. If you want to spar with him, take it to the War Zone, please.

17. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Please don't drag Stone into it. I'm not interested in your feud. If you want to spar with him, take it to the War Zone, please.
    He well represents American willful ignorance and examples tend to be a good idea.

Shove it.

DARK AGES SUCK!