Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: The reason they banned Maus I & II

  1. #1 | Top
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    Dirty South
    Posts
    53,216
    Thanks
    5,802
    Thanked 11,688 Times in 8,718 Posts
    Groans
    2
    Groaned 2,821 Times in 2,611 Posts

    Default The reason they banned Maus I & II

    The reason those white supremacists in TN banned Maus wasn't because of nudity or any content standards, those were fake excuses.

    It was because they want to ban it so children aren't equipped to recognize it happening here, making it that much easier for Conservatives to get them into brownshirts and sign them up for Einsatzgruppen.

    Every single Conservative on JPP has endorsed, tepidly or otherwise, violent right-wing fascist authoritarianism.

    Tennessee School Board Stands by Maus Ban
    https://www.thecut.com/2022/01/a-ten...m-schools.html

    In case you want to say "Fuck those Nazis", here's the free US Archive PDF that you can share with the brave kids in TN (and soon elsewhere) who want to read it: https://ia902809.us.archive.org/15/i...Spiegelman.pdf
    "While you're worried about bad apples
    We're wary of the roots
    Because no healthy tree
    Naturally bears strange fruit"


    -Jessica Foster, June 2020

  2. #2 | Top
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Ravenhenge in the Northwoods
    Posts
    65,060
    Thanks
    106,094
    Thanked 56,041 Times in 36,293 Posts
    Groans
    1
    Groaned 4,261 Times in 4,002 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LV426 View Post
    The reason those white supremacists in TN banned Maus wasn't because of nudity or any content standards, those were fake excuses.

    It was because they want to ban it so children aren't equipped to recognize it happening here, making it that much easier for Conservatives to get them into brownshirts and sign them up for Einsatzgruppen.

    Every single Conservative on JPP has endorsed, tepidly or otherwise, violent right-wing fascist authoritarianism.

    Tennessee School Board Stands by Maus Ban
    https://www.thecut.com/2022/01/a-ten...m-schools.html

    In case you want to say "Fuck those Nazis", here's the free US Archive PDF that you can share with the brave kids in TN (and soon elsewhere) who want to read it: https://ia902809.us.archive.org/15/i...Spiegelman.pdf
    What age group/school grade is this for? It seems too advanced -- and probably boring too -- for kids younger than maybe 8th or 9th grade.
    "The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." -- JFK (5/17/61)

  3. #3 | Top
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    Dirty South
    Posts
    53,216
    Thanks
    5,802
    Thanked 11,688 Times in 8,718 Posts
    Groans
    2
    Groaned 2,821 Times in 2,611 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ThatOwlWoman View Post
    What age group/school grade is this for? It seems too advanced -- and probably boring too -- for kids younger than maybe 8th or 9th grade.
    I read it in the fifth grade in Hebrew School.

    I think it's appropriate for kids 10 and up.

    It is definitely NOT too advanced or boring.

    Kids need to learn about Nazis at an early age; there's no point in hiding it from them.

    Hitler Youth were as young as 6.
    "While you're worried about bad apples
    We're wary of the roots
    Because no healthy tree
    Naturally bears strange fruit"


    -Jessica Foster, June 2020

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to LV426 For This Post:

    ThatOwlWoman (01-28-2022)

  5. #4 | Top
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Ravenhenge in the Northwoods
    Posts
    65,060
    Thanks
    106,094
    Thanked 56,041 Times in 36,293 Posts
    Groans
    1
    Groaned 4,261 Times in 4,002 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LV426 View Post
    I read it in the fifth grade in Hebrew School.

    I think it's appropriate for kids 10 and up.

    It is definitely NOT too advanced or boring.

    Kids need to learn about Nazis at an early age; there's no point in hiding it from them.

    Hitler Youth were as young as 6.
    Good points.

    I would be okay with my older grandkids reading this. It's important for them to actually SEE -- because many kids have difficulty visualizing in their minds while reading -- in graphic form what happened during those years. Just reading "Six million were killed by the Nazis during the 30s and 40s" doesn't have the same emotional impact.

    Which is, of course, what the book banners don't want.

    When do the book bonfires start?
    "The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." -- JFK (5/17/61)

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to ThatOwlWoman For This Post:

    LV426 (01-28-2022)

  7. #5 | Top
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    Dirty South
    Posts
    53,216
    Thanks
    5,802
    Thanked 11,688 Times in 8,718 Posts
    Groans
    2
    Groaned 2,821 Times in 2,611 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ThatOwlWoman View Post
    Good points.

    I would be okay with my older grandkids reading this. It's important for them to actually SEE -- because many kids have difficulty visualizing in their minds while reading -- in graphic form what happened during those years. Just reading "Six million were killed by the Nazis during the 30s and 40s" doesn't have the same emotional impact.

    Which is, of course, what the book banners don't want.

    When do the book bonfires start?
    We don't have Nazis in America today without the bothsiderism that legitimized them.
    "While you're worried about bad apples
    We're wary of the roots
    Because no healthy tree
    Naturally bears strange fruit"


    -Jessica Foster, June 2020

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to LV426 For This Post:

    ThatOwlWoman (01-28-2022)

Similar Threads

  1. everything happens for a reason.....
    By PostmodernProphet in forum Off Topic Forum
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-16-2019, 09:22 AM
  2. Is GBA, MIA for a reason?
    By Jade Dragon in forum Off Topic Forum
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 01-25-2018, 07:22 AM
  3. Replies: 31
    Last Post: 11-08-2016, 03:23 PM
  4. Another reason....
    By Cancel 2016.2 in forum Off Topic Forum
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-17-2011, 12:32 PM
  5. Reason
    By USFREEDOM911 in forum Off Topic Forum
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 08-26-2010, 11:25 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Rules

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •