Thread: Arizona bill would allow legislature to overturn election results

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,846 Times in 14,185 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,453 Times in 1,372 Posts
    Blog Entries

Default Arizona bill would allow legislature to overturn election results

An arch conservative member of Arizona's state House of Representatives has proposed a mammoth overhaul of the state's voting procedures that would allow legislators to overturn the results of a primary or general election after months of unfounded allegations and partisan audits.

The bill, introduced by Rep. John Fillmore (R), would substantially change the way Arizonans vote by eliminating most early and absentee voting and requiring people to vote in their home precincts, rather than at vote centers set up around the state.

Most dramatically, Fillmore's bill would require the legislature to hold a special session after an election to review election processes and results, and to "accept or reject the election results."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...lts/ar-AATcHtb
    “If we have to have a choice between being dead and pitied, and being alive with a bad image, we’d rather be alive and have the bad image.”

— Golda Meir

Zionism is the movement for the self-determination and statehood for the Jewish people in their ancestral homeland, the land of Israel.

“If Hamas put down their weapons, there would be no more violence. If the Jews put down their weapons, there would be no Israel."

ברוך השם

2. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,247 Times in 7,659 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,055 Times in 1,002 Posts

The second law of the modern day Republican Party is:

If you cannot win fairly...CHEAT.

The first law, of course, is:

I've got mine, fuck you.

So...what else is new?
    ON HIS WORST DAY, JOE BIDEN IS A BETTER PRESIDENT THAN TRUMP WAS ON HIS BEST DAY!

3. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Frank Apisa For This Post:

AProudLefty (01-27-2022), Cypress (01-27-2022), Guno צְבִי (01-27-2022), Phantasmal (01-27-2022), signalmankenneth (01-27-2022), ThatOwlWoman (01-27-2022)

4. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 83,418 Times in 53,287 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,661 Times in 4,380 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by guno View Post
    An arch conservative member of Arizona's state House of Representatives has proposed a mammoth overhaul of the state's voting procedures that would allow legislators to overturn the results of a primary or general election after months of unfounded allegations and partisan audits.

The bill, introduced by Rep. John Fillmore (R), would substantially change the way Arizonans vote by eliminating most early and absentee voting and requiring people to vote in their home precincts, rather than at vote centers set up around the state.

Most dramatically, Fillmore's bill would require the legislature to hold a special session after an election to review election processes and results, and to "accept or reject the election results."

Guess if you can't win honestly on your merits, cheating is the thing to do.

Why even bother with elections then? Why not just tell the citizens "Nope, not this year. We know what's best for you so we're going to install ___, ___, ___, and ___."

They should also require all ballots be in Russian, just to make it authentic.
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals." -- Mark Twain

5. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ThatOwlWoman For This Post:

AProudLefty (01-27-2022), Frank Apisa (01-27-2022), Guno צְבִי (01-27-2022), Phantasmal (01-27-2022), PoliTalker (01-28-2022)

6. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,976 Times in 32,291 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,869 Times in 2,756 Posts
    Blog Entries

from your link.....
    requiring people to vote in their home precincts
    isn't the need for this obvious?.....
    Isaiah 6:5
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

7. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PostmodernProphet View Post
    from your link.....

isn't the need for this obvious?.....
    No, it's not. It's a blatant requirement to keep university students from voting.

Of course that will backfire on them when they realize that ppl who have to travel within state as part of their business won't be able to vote. Bet a lot of those are (R) voters.
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals." -- Mark Twain

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ThatOwlWoman For This Post:

AProudLefty (01-27-2022), Guno צְבִי (01-27-2022), Phantasmal (01-27-2022)

9. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Apisa View Post
    The second law of the modern day Republican Party is:

If you cannot win fairly...CHEAT.

The first law, of course, is:

I've got mine, fuck you.

So...what else is new?
    tell us how this law would be "cheating"?......
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

10. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ThatOwlWoman View Post
    No, it's not. It's a blatant requirement to keep university students from voting.

Of course that will backfire on them when they realize that ppl who have to travel within state as part of their business won't be able to vote. Bet a lot of those are (R) voters.
    that's why there are absentee ballots......that should be the no-brainer....

11. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,846 Times in 14,185 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,453 Times in 1,372 Posts
    Blog Entries

Fillmore's bill would require the legislature to hold a special session after an election to review election processes and results, and to "accept or reject the election results."
    “If we have to have a choice between being dead and pitied, and being alive with a bad image, we’d rather be alive and have the bad image.”

— Golda Meir

Zionism is the movement for the self-determination and statehood for the Jewish people in their ancestral homeland, the land of Israel.

“If Hamas put down their weapons, there would be no more violence. If the Jews put down their weapons, there would be no Israel."

ברוך השם

12. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,698 Times in 27,336 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,977 Times in 2,694 Posts

Arizona bill would allow legislature to overturn election results
    Republicans no longer even try to deny they are fascists.

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cypress For This Post:

AProudLefty (01-27-2022), Diesel (01-27-2022), ThatOwlWoman (01-27-2022)

14. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,989 Times in 11,516 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,459 Times in 2,200 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cypress View Post
    Fully agree.

15. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,068 Times in 8,417 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 595 Times in 591 Posts
    Blog Entries

Im opposed only because we know you miserable animals would use it every time you didn't get your way. It's like the filibuster. Shitbag Schumer loved it 20 years ago now it's a threat to democracy. Lmfao

16. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Read the OP again. They are trying to eliminate absentee voting.

17. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 2 Times in 2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ThatFowlWoman View Post
    Guess if you can't win honestly on your merits, cheating is the thing to do.
    Good of you to finally admit it, Fatso.

18. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 2 Times in 2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ThatFowlWoman View Post
    No, it's not. It's a blatant requirement to keep university students from voting..
    What a big, fat liar you are, Fatso:

A. NOTWITHSTANDING ANY OTHER LAW, ALL PRIMARY AND GENERAL ELECTIONS IN THIS STATE SHALL BE CONDUCTED IN STRICT ADHERENCE TO THE FOLLOWING:

1. A VOTER MAY NOT RECEIVE OR VOTE A BALLOT UNLESS THE VOTER HAS PRESENTED VALID STATE-ISSUED IDENTIFICATION.

2. EXCEPT FOR ABSENTEE BALLOTS AS PRESCRIBED BY SECTION 16-541:

(a) ALL VOTING SHALL OCCUR ON ELECTION DAY ONLY.

(b) ALL BALLOTS SHALL BE CAST IN PERSON BY THE VOTER AT THE VOTER'S ELECTION PRECINCT POLLING PLACE.

3. ALL BALLOTS SHALL BE COUNTED BY HAND AND CANVASSED AND THE RETURNS MADE WITHIN TWENTY-FOUR HOURS AFTER THE POLLS ARE CLOSED.

B. EXCEPT AS REQUIRED BY SUBSECTION A OF THIS SECTION, ALL PRIMARY AND GENERAL ELECTIONS SHALL BE CONDUCTED AS OTHERWISE PROVIDED BY LAW.

B. A VOTER SHALL BE ALLOWED TO VOTE BY ABSENTEE BALLOT FOR ANY ONE OR MORE OF THE FOLLOWING REASONS:

1. THE VOTER EXPECTS TO BE OUTSIDE THIS STATE AT THE TIME OF THE ELECTION.

2. THE VOTER IS PHYSICALLY UNABLE TO GO TO THE POLLS BECAUSE THE VOTER IS HOSPITALIZED OR IN A NURSING HOME.

3. THE VOTER HAS A VISUAL IMPAIRMENT.

4. THE VOTER IS AN ABSENT UNIFORMED SERVICES VOTER OR OVERSEAS VOTER AS DEFINED IN THE UNIFORMED AND OVERSEAS CITIZENS ABSENTEE VOTING ACT (P.L. 99-410; 52 UNITED STATES CODE SECTION 20310) OR A SPOUSE OR HOUSEHOLD MEMBER OF THE ABSENT UNIFORMED SERVICES VOTER OR OVERSEAS VOTER.

https://www.azleg.gov/legtext/55leg/2R/bills/HB2596P.htm

19. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,827 Times in 3,623 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 368 Times in 352 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cypress View Post
    Republicans are the enemies of the US. They're in full blown meltdown mode. It's sickening.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Diesel For This Post:

Cypress (01-27-2022)