Thread: Sweden Won't Recommend Vaccinating Children Under 12 Due To Lack Of 'Clear Benefit'

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,113 Times in 890 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 144 Times in 135 Posts

Default Sweden Won't Recommend Vaccinating Children Under 12 Due To Lack Of 'Clear Benefit'

'Last week, the World Health Organization's chief scientist admitted that there's no evidence that healthy children need booster doses of the Covid-19 vaccine.

Now, the Swedish government has declined to recommend the vaccine for children under the age of 12 after concluding that there would be little medical benefit.

In a Thursday press release, Sweden's Public Health Agency said that the medical benefit of the vaccine for those aged 5-11 years-old is "currently small," and that while the benefits are "constantly" under assessment, they will have decided against a general recommendation for children under the age of 12 for spring 2022, according to Reuters.

"With the knowledge we have today, with a low risk for serious disease for kids, we don't see any clear benefit with vaccinating them," said Health Agency official Britta Bjorkholm during a news conference.

The agency's Director General, Karin Tegmark, said that guidance would be once again updated before the fall term.

"A general vaccination from the age of 5 is also not expected to have any major effect on the spread of infection at present, neither in the group of children aged 5–11 nor among other groups in the population," reads the press release.'

https://www.zerohedge.com/political/...-clear-benefit
    https://www.reuters.com/world/europe...12-2022-01-27/

Yet again, Sweden steps up to be one of the few countries in the entire world that act like adults on Covid-19.
    And does not panic because the MSM/other governments tell them to.

I think the vaccines are a good idea for seniors/those with serious comorbidities.
    I have my jabs because I have minor asthma.
    But forcing children to get them when they have virtually no chance of dying of Covid is just ridiculous.

Here's to Sweden...
    Last edited by McRocket; 01-28-2022 at 05:29 AM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to McRocket For This Post:

Hermes Thoth (01-28-2022)

3. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,095 Times in 13,072 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

I disagree.

There is social benefit in getting as many people vaccinated as possible, regardless of their own personal risk of dying of COVID.

Vaccinated people are less likely to contract the disease and then subsequently transmit it to others.

Cuba has vaccinated over 90% of their population and Cuba has half the death rate of Sweden.

boom.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

Earl (01-28-2022)

5. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,568 Times in 17,849 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,238 Times in 3,042 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    I disagree.

There is social benefit in getting as many people vaccinated as possible, regardless of their own personal risk of dying of COVID.

Vaccinated people are less likely to contract the disease and then subsequently transmit it to others.

Cuba has vaccinated over 90% of their population and Cuba has half the death rate of Sweden.

boom.
    You don’t get a vote in Sweden’s decision making.

If you like Cuba so much, move to the “worker’s paradise” where the average monthly wage is appx. 46 dollars per month.

Average Wages in Cuba increased to 1194 CUP/Month (46.369 USD/Month) in 2020.
    Last edited by Earl; 01-28-2022 at 05:58 AM.

6. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,095 Times in 13,072 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

More vaccinations = shutting off more avenues for the disease to travel.

Fewer vaccinations = letting the disease run wild.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

7. The Following User Groans At PoliTalker For This Awful Post:

Earl (01-28-2022)